Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

life school only gear.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
i was hoping that with the release of the mastery amulets that KI would give life school only gear the best healing boosts to make up for it. now with the amulets and some treasure cards, any school can heal just as well as a life wizard. after being on the test realm and seeing posts listing the top life gear i realize they did not do this. if the life school is no longer the best healers, and no longer the most accurate, ( which was supposed to be where the strength is in the life school, ) then why am i still playing this game? i am not interested in hitting harder and harder. life was never supposed to be a hard hitter. life was supposed to be the second to last in damage output.

i have canceled my sub, and was planning on buying the areas due to financial issues at my house, but after this month i will save my money. i will keep watch to see if this problem is ignored or if it is solved.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I wasn't aware that Life ever had the strongest healing boost equipment. That's generally been the domain of non-school-specific Athames and Rings.

Life has more healing-related spells than other schools can get by training the Life spells. Other schools training in Life get Sprite, Spirit Armour and Satyr for 7 training points, and also Sanctuary for 9. Essentially, they're spending 7 training points for Satyr.

Life also gets Fairy (which heals others as well as the caster), Unicorn, Regenerate, and Dryad. Non Life-wizards can get amulets for these spells (Unicorn via pet in certain months with a Gamestop $10 card), but they can't equip the Life Mastery Amulet and a Life-spell amulet at the same time to get the spell and power-pip usage..

You could make the same case for other schools, i.e. now a Life wizard can have the strong Storm spells with the amulet.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
On the test realm, the equipment gives healing boosts for the new level 60 gear but I think life should give the most. It gives more than some schools, like death, but less than others like myth. Life should give the most. This IS life's special thing.

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
colagada wrote:
I wasn't aware that Life ever had the strongest healing boost equipment. That's generally been the domain of non-school-specific Athames and Rings.

Life has more healing-related spells than other schools can get by training the Life spells. Other schools training in Life get Sprite, Spirit Armour and Satyr for 7 training points, and also Sanctuary for 9. Essentially, they're spending 7 training points for Satyr.

Life also gets Fairy (which heals others as well as the caster), Unicorn, Regenerate, and Dryad. Non Life-wizards can get amulets for these spells (Unicorn via pet in certain months with a Gamestop $10 card), but they can't equip the Life Mastery Amulet and a Life-spell amulet at the same time to get the spell and power-pip usage..

You could make the same case for other schools, i.e. now a Life wizard can have the strong Storm spells with the amulet.

I've seen a few life anthem and rings with really high outbound healing while other schools have higher inbound. And granted that lifes fairy can heal anyone and for slightly more then everyones self heal with the life mastery amulet it no longer costs 2 power pips (if that is all the pips you have).

One of the big advantages to life though is the high success rate 90% in most cases. Life doesn't need the aim that most gear has like the other schools so why not offer gear that increases outbound healing instead of accuracy.

However there are some damage driven life wizards that would still want to pick up accuracy as well so don't completely drop one for the other but with the options it helps.