Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Two Ideas

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Two things I'd like to address and offer solutions for:

1. I'm guilty of missing the "Go To" button and accidentally hitting the "Mark Location" button, having to walk (or fly) all the way to wherever I marked. This is extremely inconvenient in places that don't have a teleport stone near them and in worlds that don't even have teleport stones. I suggest if you press the "Mark Location" button, but already have a place marked, a prompt comes up notifying you of this and asking if you'd still like to mark your current location.

2. I'm also guilty of missing the right arrow and accidentally hitting the End button, which brings me to the Commons of whatever world I'm in. This too is a huge inconvenience for the same reasons. It would be great if there was a Settings page in our Spellbook to enable and disable keyboard shortcuts.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Two things I'd like to address and offer solutions for:

1. I'm guilty of missing the "Go To" button and accidentally hitting the "Mark Location" button, having to walk (or fly) all the way to wherever I marked. This is extremely inconvenient in places that don't have a teleport stone near them and in worlds that don't even have teleport stones. I suggest if you press the "Mark Location" button, but already have a place marked, a prompt comes up notifying you of this and asking if you'd still like to mark your current location.

2. I'm also guilty of missing the right arrow and accidentally hitting the End button, which brings me to the Commons of whatever world I'm in. This too is a huge inconvenience for the same reasons. It would be great if there was a Settings page in our Spellbook to enable and disable keyboard shortcuts.

Agreed with number 2.

Explorer
Oct 28, 2010
Two good points.

I must admit that I have also missed the "Go To" and hit the "Mark Location" button and this can be very fustrating. However, I am just glad they have the feature at all. Hopefully KI addresses this in the next live update as it would not take too much effort.

For your second point, I have never accidentally hit the "home" key as it is no where near the "right arrow" key on my keyboard. However, I too would like to reconfigure my shortcut keys.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Trasilor wrote:
Two good points.

I must admit that I have also missed the "Go To" and hit the "Mark Location" button and this can be very fustrating. However, I am just glad they have the feature at all. Hopefully KI addresses this in the next live update as it would not take too much effort.

For your second point, I have never accidentally hit the "home" key as it is no where near the "right arrow" key on my keyboard. However, I too would like to reconfigure my shortcut keys.

I use a laptop, so my End button is right above the right arrow button.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Trasilor wrote:
Two good points.

I use a laptop, so my End button is right above the right arrow button.

Same thing happens to me all the time, so nice ideas!

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Great ideas!

I have done #1 more times than I care to admit. It is always followed by a face palm and a groan. I would deeply appreciate a warning.

#2 has happened many times to my son on our laptop. I am sure he would love to be able to disable or change that button.

I hope KI will consider this.

Megan-formerly Firefan02