Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

people who flee

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 15, 2009
There is an epidemic of people who jump into fights and flee. It is so ridiculously common that it is ruining the game! Something has got to be done about it! Getting into some ones fight is one thing but jumping in and fleeing is beyond rude! it puts a person in a situation that is super hard to get out of if they can get out of it at all. And to say nothing can be done about it is unacceptable to continue enjoying wizard101. It should be a reportable offense. it should be a three day no log on offense for those who do this. Or something constructive that will make people think twice for thinking this activity is a fun thing to do. There is no reason or excuse to allow people to ruin the game for others. If this is allowed to go on then it will encourage people frustrated to find other things to do leaving wizard101 a fond memory with no intention of renewing memberships or buying more crowns. I am sorry but I cannot express this emphatically enough.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2011
This is irritating I know, but I just treat them as a wandering MOB or a fizzle. Policing this type of thing would be difficult as I think that some of these players get accidentally sucked in so they flee. I've had to tell my 6-year-old that he has to finish the battle if others are already there or join in before he can exit. The youngsters are impatient to fight their quests and tend to run from the accidental encounters.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I agree it is rude (I just helped someone out who went to help one of her friends and as soon as they got into battle, her "friend" fled), but as the Code of Conduct says general rudeness is not reportable. There's a good reason for it: there's no way to prove it. The only reportable offenses are written offenses (cursing, soliciting, etc.) and I think that's how it should stay. It stinks, believe me I know, but there really is no way to make this offense reportable.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
f1ng3br1ts0n wrote:
There is an epidemic of people who jump into fights and flee. It is so ridiculously common that it is ruining the game! Something has got to be done about it! Getting into some ones fight is one thing but jumping in and fleeing is beyond rude! it puts a person in a situation that is super hard to get out of if they can get out of it at all. And to say nothing can be done about it is unacceptable to continue enjoying wizard101. It should be a reportable offense. it should be a three day no log on offense for those who do this. Or something constructive that will make people think twice for thinking this activity is a fun thing to do. There is no reason or excuse to allow people to ruin the game for others. If this is allowed to go on then it will encourage people frustrated to find other things to do leaving wizard101 a fond memory with no intention of renewing memberships or buying more crowns. I am sorry but I cannot express this emphatically enough.

Um, well, while I do understand, there's nothing that says you have to stay in a fight once someone's fled. just flee out yourself, get your mana back, then change realms before you go back to where you were.