Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

level 48 pets in low level pvp

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Well today I was battling in low level pvp. I was battling a guy who had a really high pvp rank and he killed me in one shot. With a level 48 pet. With the new pets coming out I want to know what you think. Should we ask for a level cap for pets or not.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2010
I have to agree to some extent. I have three accounts. One with one toon under 40 and the rest above 40, and one with none over 26. I have competed in PVP in higher levels and lower levels. I can understand that people have earned their high level hatched pets, and want to use them on lower level toons. It's their right. But I agree. It is completely overpowering. There should be some kind of bracket system for pet levels, and toon levels. However the system is set up now (to match people in pvp) is making PVP undesirable. . PVP at higher levels is sooooooo boring. People spamming the same spells over and over. It's a good winning strategy, but not to much fun. So, I have been doing PVP at level 26 and under and am having much more fun with it. I do get angry though when a low level uses Orthrus to kill me from their pet. I am quickly losing interest in this game. Something needs to be revamped. I may just go back to one of the many other MMO's I have played. K.I. your players are screaming for change. You gonna listen?

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Level 48 pets on low level characters is really cheating. No wonder they get pvp captain or night so fast all they do is use their pet.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
blowser wrote:
I have to agree to some extent. I have three accounts. One with one toon under 40 and the rest above 40, and one with none over 26. I have competed in PVP in higher levels and lower levels. I can understand that people have earned their high level hatched pets, and want to use them on lower level toons. It's their right. But I agree. It is completely overpowering. There should be some kind of bracket system for pet levels, and toon levels. However the system is set up now (to match people in pvp) is making PVP undesirable. . PVP at higher levels is sooooooo boring. People spamming the same spells over and over. It's a good winning strategy, but not to much fun. So, I have been doing PVP at level 26 and under and am having much more fun with it. I do get angry though when a low level uses Orthrus to kill me from their pet. I am quickly losing interest in this game. Something needs to be revamped. I may just go back to one of the many other MMO's I have played. K.I. your players are screaming for change. You gonna listen?

I agree with all of this, but I have to admit I find it way fun when I beat these one trick wonders.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Daviato wrote:
Level 48 pets on low level characters is really cheating. No wonder they get pvp captain or night so fast all they do is use their pet.
Knight* by the way, and no, it's not cheating. If it was why would they put it in the game? I dont see them making 48+ spells no trade or anything......... Hope this helped! ~James Iceheart Legendaries of all Schools

Survivor
May 23, 2010
hey i am level 38 i was helping my friend get the iathine spirit from the oni or idk what it was i accidently got it instead he said go away and i said ok the next day he messaged me saying he got it :-) and thats the story on how we got iathine spirits

Thomas dreamcaster level 38 life

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
They have an account with a level 48 pet. They transfer the pet to their weak account that is the same school so it can help them with things like pvps and battles in worlds.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, I really have to wonder...

If a person, who is a low level, gets enough pips, then takes out all of your shields and then is also able cast the pet spell to finally kill you, what are you doing wrong? I am sorry, but if you cant shield enough or kill them before they finally get all that done, then what is at fault is your strategy, not the system...