Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are Drops Affected By Fighting With Friends?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2009
I have a question: when you're fighting with friends, do bosses drop the same amount of items, which are distributed among the friends, as they do when fighting solo? Like, would I get the same drops when I'm fighting with friends as I do when I fight alone, or are the drops I would've gotten fighting alone divided among my friends and I? I hope that's not confusing... I couldn't figure out how to word the question. ;)

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have noticed I get more items when fighting with friends, but that could be just a coincidence. The loot is not spread out among friends and what each person gets is random.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
George2777 wrote:
I have a question: when you're fighting with friends, do bosses drop the same amount of items, which are distributed among the friends, as they do when fighting solo? Like, would I get the same drops when I'm fighting with friends as I do when I fight alone, or are the drops I would've gotten fighting alone divided among my friends and I? I hope that's not confusing... I couldn't figure out how to word the question. ;)

The drop rate and chances of items are the same solo or grouped. There is no increase or decrease. The random roll of drops is done for each person separately.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Defender
Mar 27, 2010
kingurz wrote:
George2777 wrote:

The drop rate and chances of items are the same solo or grouped. There is no increase or decrease. The random roll of drops is done for each person separately.

Never knew, but doesnt it also depend on who your fighting, yhen everyone gets a roll.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
amiramir321 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
George2777 wrote:

Never knew, but doesnt it also depend on who your fighting, yhen everyone gets a roll.

The "who" you are fighting determines what possible items you are randomly rolling for. The more enemies you fight, the more chances you have to get total items/gold. However, most fights only have one boss, so the random roll for unique treasure is the same as if you were solo. In other words, fighting in a group doesn't decrease your chances of getting a certain pet/gear. It will increase the total amount of items received, if it results in more enemies entering the fight (usually stuff you end up selling in the bazaar).

In other words, if a group of people are fighting Malistaire for their class robes, there is a small chance two or more people can get the same exact robe after the fight. The more wizards in the fight, the greater the chance that someone will receive a robe of some sort (but your individual chances are the same).