Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Garden shed needed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
My friend and I were discussing gardening and she came up with a wonderful idea. She is a bit too shy to post so she asked if I could do it. ;) There needs to be some sort of garden shed where all of our plants can be stored on our wizards.

Too many times, our shared banks overflow simply because of all the seeds that are stored in there. I love gardening and the fact that so many bosses and plants drop seeds but we need a place to store the seeds other than our banks, backpacks, and shared banks. Please consider this idea.

Thank you
-LB

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
Community Leader
Oh what a excellent idea!
I see garden sheds being used for seeds and pots ect... It would sure free up some much needed space in banks and shared.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I would love to have a garden shed for my seeds. Having the option of different kinds would be even better.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
Animegrl33 wrote:
My friend and I were discussing gardening and she came up with a wonderful idea. She is a bit too shy to post so she asked if I could do it. ;) There needs to be some sort of garden shed where all of our plants can be stored on our wizards.

Too many times, our shared banks overflow simply because of all the seeds that are stored in there. I love gardening and the fact that so many bosses and plants drop seeds but we need a place to store the seeds other than our banks, backpacks, and shared banks. Please consider this idea.

Thank you
-LB

This is an awesome idea! I LOVE it! :-D

Delver
May 29, 2009
I have 11 GM gardeners on two accounts and wholly support this. I would also love to see gardening items NOT be counted as housing items like they were before the recent updates. I like to create "eternal gardens" in my homes for aesthetic purposes, which means I don't harvest them at elder so they can continue to be part of my decor.

This can be difficult to do, especially in the smaller homes that have 50-150 item limitations. I like to utilize my area spells and have gardens that will fit inside those circles. If you figure 25 Prickly Bears planted at the Tranquil Cottage or Oasis Camp (50 items) that would be 2 spots used for each plant (soil/pot + plant) and you have no room in inventory left to actually decorate your home.

Having the garden shed would be nice to store seeds, planters, gnomes, and even Gardening Treasure Cards. Could even put the reagents and snacks there that you harvest from plants and get them out of the other housing bank.

SorceressMiklai

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I like the potential of this idea, perhaps even expand shed to a mini storage greenhouse for when people leave on vacation, etc to put plants into stasis until they are removed from it.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
I love this idea. My various attics, banks, backpacks and the shared bank are getting very full of seeds. Some I save so that I can maximize the garden size and make the most efficient use of energy. Or I may be saving up seeds to share so that I have two or more wizards growing the same crops. So when I'm questing, I'm constantly running into problems with a full backpack. Even with the increased backpack capacity it isn't enough. It would be great to be able to save them in the shed until I could plant them when they would be most useful to my wizards. And I think the greenhouse stasis idea is great too. Very useful for those who can't garden everyday.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Hero
Jul 27, 2009
i like this idea but it should only be accessible when we are in gardening mode