Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jotun Quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Hey I have a problem. I just spent like an hour getting a party for and another hour fighting the Jotun Dungeon. We hadn't done the Winterdeep and whatever it was Warrens yet. We fought all the brothers. But when we were done with this extremely difficult fight, it still said I had to defeat Jotun. Idk why and I was hoping someone could help me.

Blaze Thundertalon, Grandmaster Diviner lvl 53
Valdus Moonstaff, Master Necromancer lvl 42
Edward Fireshard, Magus Pyromancer lvl 33
Nathaniel Greenpyre, Adept Theurgist, lvl 22

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
Dude,dude dude, you kill his brothers to make them not appear when you fight against jotun, if you do not kill them then they will be in the fight making it next to impossible to defeat him...

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
If Jotun dies, and then you die, flee, and port back, you will not get quest credit, because you will have technically joined a battle without the boss you have to beat.

I had the exact same problem. Save Jotun for last when you're fighting him, or make sure you have a healer when you do.

Historian
May 01, 2010
might want to get a couple of legendaries to help you. (note gargantuan dragon+regular gear booste+one blade+equals 1900 dragon! )

Explorer
Oct 01, 2010
The same thing happened to me when I was fighting the Coven. I found out that between my defeat and my return, my friends had killed Othin already.
When the battle was over, my quest said I still have to defeat Othin. This could be your problem.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009