Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Helephant and Unicorn= Nightmare?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
I heard that hatching a unicorn and Helephant would create a Nightmare. I have hatched mine at least 10 times and still- no nightmare. Is the combination wrong or do I just need to keep trying?
Thanks

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Defender
May 27, 2010
the NightMare and the Pet Egg were originally gonna be holiday pets but they got out of the Stable and KI let us enjoy them for a bit, after a while they were made non hatch able so I wouldn't bother trying to hatch more too bad you couldn't have known earlier so you wouldn't waste time and money hatching for it

Explorer
Jul 15, 2009
You keep trying, it's ok it happened with me to except I only hatched once with helephant and unicorn. Keep trying :-) and you'll succeed.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
So they are still able to be hatched? I have both the helephant and unicorn am I able to hatch with myself to get them? I have hatched a bunch of times now and nothing. Please tell me they are still able to be hatched

ellie

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I heard the same thing from someone and I hatched 5 times but still haven't gotten a nightmare. Got 4 unicorns and 1 helephant.
It seems silly that it would just be for a limited time, especially since it isn't advertised very well to begin with. I guess I will wait for confirmation about it before trying again.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
There is a problem. A regular store-bot pet CANNOT be made into a new pet! You need to hatch with a FOG Unicorn or an already mixed unicorn. Then you will get nightmare. 8)

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Team36339 wrote:
There is a problem. A regular store-bot pet CANNOT be made into a new pet! You need to hatch with a FOG Unicorn or an already mixed unicorn. Then you will get nightmare. 8)

Sorry - not true... when I found out what the "recipe" was for a nightmare, I immediately bought a regular unicorn from the WC pet shop. A couple mega snacks later I got it to adult and went in the hatchery. I met and asked a random fire wizard if he was interested in trying to get a nightmare.

We hatched... I got a nightmare with a pedigree 40 something...

I am not aware of this being unable to be hatched from scratch anymore... but since my friend was having a hard time making one, we hatched with my nightmare so he can have a "copy." It worked the second try - his fierce hound and my nightmare 3rd generation w/ higher pedigree.

Explorer
Feb 03, 2011
I share your pain. I have hatched my unicorn with my friend's helephant many times but no nightmare. My friend has got 2 nightmares but i still dont have one. we keep trying but its getting annoying. :(

Justin Hawkflame

Explorer
Feb 22, 2010
I'm just throwing an idea out, it might not work, but try mixing any pet a pet that can't create a hybrid would probably be the best, with a nightmare, and see if you get a nightmare offspring. A pet that that can't make a hybrid would be best because there is one less possible outcome, and that makes a nightmare more likely.

Hope this helps.

David StormHunter, Grandmaster Pyromancer, Savior of the Spiral
David DragonHunter, Grandmaster Diviner, Savior of the Spiral
David, Magus Sorcerer, Oni Slayer