Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death School bug?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
Hello everyone, my name is Valerian Soulbreaker in wizard101 and I am now a level 44. Back when I was a level 33 my Death teacher told me to come see him for an assignment. I heard that I was supposed to get a spell called empower at level 33 or some level close to that? I am now a level 44 and I still do not own the spell. Could someone please tell me what is going on?

Thank you

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
Vinny424 wrote:
Hello everyone, my name is Valerian Soulbreaker in wizard101 and I am now a level 44. Back when I was a level 33 my Death teacher told me to come see him for an assignment. I heard that I was supposed to get a spell called empower at level 33 or some level close to that? I am now a level 44 and I still do not own the spell. Could someone please tell me what is going on?

Thank you
I don't think there is such spell as Empower, I think you might be talking about Beguile (Beguile-Target helps you for one round). I could be wrong. Malorn Ashthorn only has spells up to rank four I believe, maybe third. And I've seen every spell that Dworgyn has, and Empower isn't one of them.

Blaine Ghostbreath, Level 27 Necromancer

Survivor
Sep 27, 2010
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that Empower is a Balance School spell, and if it is, then that would be why you don't have it. I'm still waiting for Guiding Light on my Life wiz.

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
Vinny424 wrote:

Thank you

first of all empower IS a death spell. my guess is you accidently declined the quest or its bugged or theres a little chance a bug made it a treasure then you accidently sold it OR theres a quest stuffed back in your quest log.

Hunter Death caster legendary necromacer
Matthew Windbreeze

Survivor
Oct 06, 2010
There is a death spell named Empower. Take 500 Damage and gain 3 pips. That is not a balance spell, that balance spell is called Donate Power (which is useless). You get Empower at lvl 38, in order to get it you have to go see the death teacher and he will give you the quest to get it. It is not under the death school list of spells because only Death wizards can learn it. It is only available to other wizards through a Treasure card.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2010
I stand corrected. And you're right. Donate Power is useless. Unless it's your minion using it to give you pips :D

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
First, Empower is a death spell, not a balance and yes it does exist.. lol-

Empower is one of the things in the test realm that has been changed, so maybe you are experiencing a bug because of the changes in the test realm? I don't know, but you might want to send Wizard101 an email and let them know about it.. It also might be that Empower was given as a side quest and maybe you haven't completed the side quest.. Just an idea, but good luck- with the changes they are making to it now, it will be a great asset to death wizards.. :)

Heather Jade
Legendary Necromancer

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Vinny424 wrote:

Thank you

I'm not sure, but you should probably tell KI.

Community Leader
Vinny424 wrote:

Thank you

Hello,
I went searching for a guide for death spells Is here one i found
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14629
For empower it says

Empower - 1 pip
Effect: Take 500 Death Damage to give 3 pips

Some spells require that you finish a area ,I am sorry I dont remember when I got my empower spell been a long time now.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
DeathMaster590 wrote:
Vinny424 wrote:

Thank you
I don't think there is such spell as Empower, I think you might be talking about Beguile (Beguile-Target helps you for one round). I could be wrong. Malorn Ashthorn only has spells up to rank four I believe, maybe third. And I've seen every spell that Dworgyn has, and Empower isn't one of them.

Blaine Ghostbreath, Level 27 Necromancer

Its a death school spell and thats odd that you didnt get it. Look for quest that dworgyn gives you. Theese give you extra spells.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Chrsei wrote:
I stand corrected. And you're right. Donate Power is useless. Unless it's your minion using it to give you pips :D

Uh what.