Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why so dismal, Marleybone?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Why is Marleybone so DARK? Pretty much the only lights in the whole of marleybone are dog-made why is it always nighttime?

William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Fact About Fire: Magma can enrich soil and help plants grow (after it goes away of course) It is a natural fertilizer.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Just because it's always dark doesn't make it dismal. Marleybone would be equally beautiful, day or night. Don't look at the sky all the time; look around at Marleybone itself.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
It's just the sky. I love Marleybone. It's set in New York City, so it's kinda cityish.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
It IS nighttime in Marleybone, but it is also timed within the context of London during the beginning of the Industrial Revolution in the mid-1800's. Coal dust and soot were everywhere, and London was filthy, as was the rest of western Europe. So yeah, Marleybone is dismal.

Now I want to go read some William Blake poetry about chimney sweeps.

Iridian/Scarlet/Moira

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
yummyshrimpies wrote:
It's just the sky. I love Marleybone. It's set in New York City, so it's kinda cityish.
'

No, it's set in England. The reason it is night time is no one would be stupid enough to rob people during the day. If you want dark, go to DragonSpyre, I love it there.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
Explorer
May 21, 2011
Who really cares about the sky in Marleybone? In real life you might look at the sky to see if it's gonna be a rainy day, but in a computer game? If you care about the decor, don't focus on the sky. focus on the stuff around you. As long as it's a fun world, who really cares?