Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Fond Farewell To Wizard101...Or Is It?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 20, 2010
Hi everyone, it's me Lizzi5093 again. This time I am posting a more serious topic. I am thinking about leaving the world of Wizard101. I've got a TON of reasons, so it's nothing personal, but I am going to post some of these reasons, and you can post Leave or Stay as a reply. So here it goes:

Reasons to Leave:
1) I've completed the game. (I think)
2) Membership is cutting into my cash, since I pay for my own membership. :?
3) I'm getting more and more busy as the days go by, and having less and less free time to play.
4) I'm pretty sure Wizard101 is messing with my computer.
5) (about 2 and I guess 3, too) Why play for free? There's not much for a nonmember Legendary to do...
6) There might not be another level cap.
7) I think I have sorta, just a little, lost my excitement for the game (aka grown out of it a little)

Note: A lot of people have suggested that I keep my membership and make a new wizard, but to me, doing all the same things AGAIN (even with a different school) just doesn't sound very entertaining to me.

Reasons to Stay:
1) There could be the realease of WinterTusk soon.
2) There could be new level 58 pets soon.
3) I could stay to help my friends level up, I guess.

And now is the time for the big decesion. Please leave your answer if you will, and help me decide. At this point, I am thinking the best option would be to leave, but hey, maybe you voters out there can post some more good things and change my mind.

Please write back, and thanks to those who did/do!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rachel RavenTalon
Legendary Conjurer (aka Level 60 Myth)
Bye-bye to the spiral????!!!!!

Historian
May 01, 2010
Lizzi5093 wrote:
Hi everyone, it's me Lizzi5093 again. This time I am posting a more serious topic. I am thinking about leaving the world of Wizard101. I've got a TON of reasons, so it's nothing personal, but I am going to post some of these reasons, and you can post Leave or Stay as a reply. So here it goes:

Reasons to Leave:
1) I've completed the game. (I think)
2) Membership is cutting into my cash, since I pay for my own membership. :?
3) I'm getting more and more busy as the days go by, and having less and less free time to play.
4) I'm pretty sure Wizard101 is messing with my computer.
5) (about 2 and I guess 3, too) Why play for free? There's not much for a nonmember Legendary to do...
6) There might not be another level cap.
7) I think I have sorta, just a little, lost my excitement for the game (aka grown out of it a little)

Note: A lot of people have suggested that I keep my membership and make a new wizard, but to me, doing all the same things AGAIN (even with a different school) just doesn't sound very entertaining to me.

Reasons to Stay:
1) There could be the realease of WinterTusk soon.
2) There could be new level 58 pets soon.
3) I could stay to help my friends level up, I guess.

And now is the time for the big decesion. Please leave your answer if you will, and help me decide. At this point, I am thinking the best option would be to leave, but hey, maybe you voters out there can post some more good things and change my mind.

Please write back, and thanks to those who did/do!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rachel RavenTalon
Legendary Conjurer (aka Level 60 Myth)
Bye-bye to the spiral????!!!!!

i would say, take a break. when you come back, you could turn into a crowns player (its much cheaper in the long run)
what i mean is you can take a break from w101, and wen you come back there will (hopefully) be plent of updates that you can have fun with.

Explorer
May 13, 2010
I think you should stay for a couple of reasons 1.) You are one of the few the proud the myth and their numbers are shrinking. 2.)the release of wintertusk and new lvl 58 pets will buy you some good play time to enjoy. 3.) Yes you could help your friends or make a few new ones to help. If you do decide to go then keep in mind that you can renew your sub when the new world comes out and enjoy the updates with a renewed passion. I quit playing a while back and was out for several months and then renewed my sub for celestia and found that I had a renewed love for the game so much so, that I started a new death wizard and have been playing since. So I hope this helps and if you do go do not forget that your wizards love you and will be waiting patiently for your return should you decide to give it another go.

Valdus Darkheart Master Of Death
Kane Nightwraith Legendary Sorcerer

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Options for the player who's finished Celestia.

Get into breeding Pets.

Get into Gardening.

Get into PvP.

Get into Crafting.

Run around the tough areas helping people who have trouble with those areas.

Replay the game with a new school (which you said you don't want to do).

Replay the game with a handicap. Here are some examples of handicaps, which you can try one or more of:

1) You have to solo every boss and all instances/dungeons/towers/etc.

2) No Crowns allowed, except for a mount.

3) No use of training points.

4) You can't purchase anything at all except for a mount and housing-related items. Everything else has to be from a drop (i.e. gear) or found on the street (i.e. Reagents). You can relax that somewhat by allowing yourself to purchase a pet, (but no Crowns pets), gardening supplies, and pet foods.

5) You're limited to your Starter Deck. It might not be possible with some schools to combine this with #1 and do everything. For example, a Life wizard would be up against it vs. the Jade Oni.

6) You have to play the entire game in your original clothing. You can't use any equipment at all, except for a wand. You can relax that somewhat by allowing an amulet, athame, and/or ring.

Whether or not you stay is your decision.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
I would stay, and here's my reasons.

-Just because you take a break from the game doesn't mean you have to delete your account or anything. You could always un-subscribe for a little while and then come back when there's more to do.

-There will be a level cap raise eventually, but not with Wintertusk. Still, it should be a fun world to play through.

-My favorite reason, you can always do things like gardening and training pets without a subscription. Maybe cancel to sub for now and just log in long enough to use up your energy, lol idk?

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Based on your list of reasons to leave vs stay - it seems you have more reasons to leave.

The thing is, this is a game. There is a real world out there. If you are strapped for time or finances to meet real world obligations or whatever, then it's understandable.

I think bottomline, the only reason for you to stay is if you still enjoy this game. Otherwise it's just a time killer.

I, for one, love playing this game. I enjoy trying the different schools - and with my 3rd wizard just reaching legendary, I can honestly say each one was a different journey experience. I like decorating the houses and breeding different pets. I like catching up with regular friends I've made. I still need to tackle more crafting and pvp and actually try the pet derbies. I haven't reached boredom yet - there always seems to be plenty to do and learn.

I used to be a pay-by-area player and then made the switch. If I ever quit my subscription, I know I have up to Mooshu and parts of DS and CL. You can always quit and do the pay-by-area slowly - then it will be yours forever...

So, we can all make suggestions, but it's all about what you get out of this. It's a great game and it's meant to be enjoyed. :)

Defender
Nov 20, 2010
Thank you guys!! I think that what I will do is unsubscribe for a while and take a break (at least until Wintertusk is released) and then become a member again and start playing regularly when I am not too busy and there are lots of new updates to enjoy.