Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Canceling My Subscription. I'll Miss you Wiz

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
Despite loving the core concepts of the turn-based combat, the nice graphics and the card-game based PvP. I have to leave. I've been frustrated by the ENDLESS techical "glitches" that make the game seem like a beta test, but that is not enough to make me leave. The horrible chat client (not the parental controls thoes are fine) but the chat client itself is terrible, but still not a reason to quit in and of itself.

The reason is that I am not one that wants to make 5 different alts, and once you reach maximum level the only built-in thing to do is PvP at "endgame". The problem is that I (and many of us) think that no one at KI even plays PvP otherwise they'd know its a flawed system, and is even more flawed now.

Going first basicly ensures victory of similar skilled opponents, only masichism makes one finish the match. That coupled with the more unforgivable oversight of healing overpowering damage, forcing matches to sometimes take upwards of four hours to complete is just not worth it to continue to pay for a game. Good job making the above problem even worse with the release of the amulets.

I'll check back again maybe in six months to see if KI has decided to playtest and actually take its users suggestions into account. (Virtually the entire "focued" pvp community is agreement with the above)

Sadly,
-Troy Crayson

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Um wintertusk is coming out so before you cancel, try beating that world. THEN you can cancel if you wanna :(

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
I've noticed many of my friends, elite player leaving the arena or making lower level wizards exactly for these reasons. I want to quote my friend Tristan, many of the higher rank people know exactly who he is.

"Re: Goodbye PVP
Quote:

I used toPlay on other than ice char to make it "a little hard" to yourself. I stopped PVPing on my ice long time ago, because it was just too easy to win. Just a joke. It is like stealing a lollipop from a baby. Some people do enjoy this, I do not blame anybody. I had very successful fire and myth chars and I know that with skill you can win.

Many of the players will realize it that with the power pip life amulets the healing capacity per pip far exceeds the damage capacity per pip, especially with resist. Mathematically speaking, now it is impossible to kill a skillful, healing ice, even by another skillful ice. You can keep overblading, infecting, it is not going to prevent them from successful healing unless you kill them with one shot or more likely, they want to lose or have to go or get bored, distracted, fall asleep, disconnected etc.

You may still kill some unskilled players, but I am talking about facing PVP elite here.

BTW I do not love PVP any more. PVP is now unbalanced, boring, random, inspired by KI $$$ greed. If someone stays in a relationship with a person possessing those qualities it is his/her choice. My choice is to leave at this point.

Tristan Titan (ice)
Tristan Titanflame (fire)
Angel Dream (death)
Angle Dream (myth)"

It's just a sad to see people like this go :( even after the celestia update many were asking questions about ice gear and Tristan stayed calm. Mega healing is affecting legendary play right now to the point that people who know the game inside and out are leaving. What happened? I have been sticking to my low level because things seem a little more pure down there. Not complaining, just pointig out what I see from my perspective and that of a great warlord/friend. Sry to see you go Tristan.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I'm sorry, but I don't understand everyone's obsession with going first. Everyone CANNOT go first. The laws of nature and science both state that fact. There is always someone who has to go second. Even if you could all cast your spells at the same time, think of the disastrous choas that would ensue. How would you be able to even cast your spells during all that? The game is set up so that we TAKE TURNS casting spells. One person goes first. The rest don't. The person who goes first does not necesarily always win, and the ones who don't, don't always lose. A lot of players don't realize this, but winning is as much about luck of the draw as it is about skill. I am a Legendary Balance student. People fear me just for that. Funny thing is, I have lost more battles than I have won. I was with my best friend in PVP, she being Legendary Death, and one would think that we would have won, but no. We lost. Our opponents were Storm and Balance. Storm got her Dragon out and in one round, I was out. Which left my Death friend alone to fight them. I must say she put up a valiant effort, but they were too much for her. They were too much for US. We were still laughing about it the next day.
I feel bad for the players who can't simply enjoy the game for what it is. I feel bad for the sore losers out there, and the sore winners, and the sore whiners. Why not just play the game and enjoy it?

Explorer
May 26, 2010
ok so you talking about 1 wizard right? well start another or if anyone else in your family plays, help them! i am helping my cous and bro and guess what. we beat marleybone in 2 days!so then i gonna get them to cl and help them beat gh

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
This is no reason to quit. You DO NOT need to do PvP. It's optional part of the game. I would understand a reason like I don't go on much anymore so I'm canceling me sub to save money, that's fine but this is no reason to stop playing. Well, I guess it's your choice.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I hate to sound cruel here, but the more that experienced people cancel (leave) Wizard 101, the easier it is to rank up in PvP. The loss in subscription actually affects the PvE side, where your experience loss in grouping with others affects the ability to find groups. Posting that you are leaving Wizard 101 because of PvP will only excite the other good PvPers knowing that there is one less good PvPer out there to battle (therefore more rank).

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
troyspiral wrote:
Despite loving the core concepts of the turn-based combat, the nice graphics and the card-game based PvP. I have to leave. I've been frustrated by the ENDLESS techical "glitches" that make the game seem like a beta test, but that is not enough to make me leave. The horrible chat client (not the parental controls thoes are fine) but the chat client itself is terrible, but still not a reason to quit in and of itself.

The reason is that I am not one that wants to make 5 different alts, and once you reach maximum level the only built-in thing to do is PvP at "endgame". The problem is that I (and many of us) think that no one at KI even plays PvP otherwise they'd know its a flawed system, and is even more flawed now.

Going first basicly ensures victory of similar skilled opponents, only masichism makes one finish the match. That coupled with the more unforgivable oversight of healing overpowering damage, forcing matches to sometimes take upwards of four hours to complete is just not worth it to continue to pay for a game. Good job making the above problem even worse with the release of the amulets.

I'll check back again maybe in six months to see if KI has decided to playtest and actually take its users suggestions into account. (Virtually the entire "focued" pvp community is agreement with the above)

Sadly,
-Troy Crayson

I'm afraid it is not Wizard101 ... it is the computer/laptop or network ...

Consider this before putting Wizard101 in an untrue position.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Yeah I've come to the same conclusion. Level cap or any pvp above 50 to me is fundamentally broken and flawed in design.

The going first was always a huge advantage, but now you add into the mix your observations with really no reward then the concept for pvp for me is pretty much dead.

The game is fun in pve and figuring out how to beat the "cheating bosses" is fun, but that doesn't last.

Pvp needs a huge overhaul in my eys.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2010
Pvp is broken and really if you think otherwise,then you start first alot or you have had a really good run with people that don't really no how to play.
Over the time i have played this game i have meet some really nice people.Most of them are gone and have moved on to games where the creators seem to listen more to the people playing.Pvp is the down fall of this game.Its a shame.
COME ON KI sit down and read what your players think and have a good think about what some of them are saying.There are so many good ideas out there of how it could be made better.Why do none of these ever get commented on?
Once we hit 60 what are we meant to do?Farm and hatch?
If that is the way this game is going to run for ever then we will start seeing more posts like this one with people leaving and that is just sad.
I mean all i am doing on my lvl 60s is planting.Is that what all that work lvl
was meant for?I myself do not even no why i am keeping my subscription running.Hoping that those that have left return is all i can think of.But they will not if something is not done and like i say others will follow them.
Why even bother saying anything when it seems to fall on def ears more often than not.
This for real is no longer a game for all ages.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
Wizard101 IS NOT about PvP no matter how bad you are. Take me for example, I love Practice PvP, and I hate the actual PvP, and I'm a Private -0, and I'm level 48 THAT IS NOT what Wizard101 is about it's about having fun with battles and getting through the game, hopefully people will remember that soon. Hope someone will understand that someday....

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
toonenough wrote:
Wizard101 IS NOT about PvP no matter how bad you are. Take me for example, I love Practice PvP, and I hate the actual PvP, and I'm a Private -0, and I'm level 48 THAT IS NOT what Wizard101 is about it's about having fun with battles and getting through the game, hopefully people will remember that soon. Hope someone will understand that someday....

I too find the practice arena a lot more entertaining and fun than the ranked arena cause in practice you can set level limits and sit where you want while being on and going up against non-friends crafted teams that already have their entire strategy set up before the match begins or are actually the same person sitting all their characters on one side of a friend's team. Dispels and beguiles are a pain in 4v4, I even hate when my side uses them when going first against the team going second. I wish there was a table option that disallowed such heavily one sided, team going first oriented cards.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I have read these postings over and over, and the one thing I have to comment on is that Tristan Titan needs to bring her Ice back into the PvP ring. She will no longer find Ice being an Easy Win, but will find it hard to even win.

The Myth and Life Amulet have put Ice at a huge disadvantage, where it can no longer win. Yes, Ice has always been the weakest School, but it could boost itself with Blades and Treasure blades to do real damage. That is no longer the case, it can no longer boost itself at all, as everyone can now have Earthquake or can heal faster than a DOT spell can dish out damage.

Yes, Ice can Spam Infection and Weakness, to win in some cases, but I consider those just cheap wins. All the whining over Ice has made Ice a broken player in PvP now. Just like the other issues in PvP, Ics is now one of them.

For those that state that Wizard 101 is not about PvP, you are wrong. PvP is just as much a part of Wizard 101 as the quests are. When the Quests are done, what are you going to do, walk around and talk to people. Do the same quest over and over, and be bored to death in a short period of time. No, you will PvP if you are to stay with the game, and wait for the next world to show up.

Yes, PvP is optional, but growing a garden is not for some of us, as is not using the games over and over to bring up a pet. PvP is the only item that keeps many of us interested in the game, and it does need to be fixed.

Joe.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
There are many things this game does that I don't like now that I have pretty much finished the game. Pvp is broken, yet as I have no solution to resolve the issues, I choose to not participate in it. Not participating in pvp is not the same as not wanting to do it. I may want to play a game of tennis, but I decline a match where my racket has no strings.

Instead, I spend my time in the game aspects I thoroughly enjoy and why I keep paying to play. That is playing with my friends and helping struggling wizards. If my enjoyment of the game tilts to the negative its time to leave. I do not fault anyone for choosing how their entertainment dollar is spent, but they should consider the game as a whole.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 59 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice