Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pvp points

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I am fed up with loosing more points than i am winning in pvp...

this is how i think it should work.

15 should be the middle number, so if a level 10 goes against a level 10, then the loose/win 15 points

if a level 11 goes against a level 9 this is how it should work:

the level 11 wins and he gets 14 points and the level 9 looses 9 points

if the level 9 wins he gets 16 points and the level 11 looses 16 points

I just played against a myth 3 levels above me and he got 21 points and i lost 21 points... before that i went against a person 8 levels above me, i won. i got 10 points, he lost 10 points... pathetic...

this is why so many people are loosing rank, and honestly it is a pathetic system. i went from knight (655) to the one below it (623) in three games, winning one and loosing to... its stupid, and honestly pathetic... and if you take it of the pvp rankings then it is unfair... the level 13 myth was one rank below me... wizard 101, listen to us for a change and make things better instead of just adding and adding more worlds and stupid amulets, also making pvp unfair... for crying out loud "-.-

ps. i do pay, and i dont feel like 80 pounds was worth this game for a year, ripof... oh and, if you dont let this onto the main boards, then you read it instead "-.-

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
I agree the points need a fixing, I win a match an gotten 0 points wasted time on that match,then lose a match an lose 25 points win a match an get 5 points so iam still 20 points lost and i won 2 out of 3 matchs go figure.

the points system needs fixing other wise it become's a wast of time.

Micheal RedBlood death lev 60
dakota storm lev.60 (warlord)

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
The matching system is fine the way it is. What you are asking for is an easy way to get your warlord title because you don't like challenges. You do know that the warlord badge is not a crown item right? You have to earn this by overcoming obstacles not by starting a thread and complaining. My level 10 warlord got to warlord when i was a level 5 and from 820 to 900 I was getting 1 or two points for a win and losing 29 when I lost. You know what's good about this? You can make a better win loss record, I am now 197-14 because of the matching system. Your gameplay needs work, not the system. Why not make a thread asking for pvp advice rather than trying to alter the game so much of us love. Just a suggestion

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Sry maxiforce, I read my post and it sounded a little harsh (even egotistic) so let me further explain in a better tone.

Okay so you have a level 10 at commander (800), this shows that he is doing quite well at pvp and he might already have some if not all of his resistance from arena gear. This gives him the advantage over another person his level who is a rank 500 private. In the situation you described the person struggling at level ten would lose more points for a battle he had little chance to win from the start. It's a way of keeping things in check because alot of low level player get arena gear with crazy resistance, like me for example I have 54% global resistance with pet at level 10. If you think about it I am a walking treasure tower shield so essentially what happens is my 719 health more than doubles factoring in resistance with 28 fire attack boost. I roll over people 15 levels higher than me who don't have gear so it makes sence for low rank points because they were obviously hindered from the get go considering their rank.

My advice to you-save your tickets and get arena gear, little by little you will see yourself getting stronger and it will become easier to get the rank you desire. Good luck I. The arena

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
So I battled a corperal level 60 and I'm corperal level 56 and the death wiz beat me earning 16 points costing me the same so then I battle a 53 corperal storm and win earning 12 points?

The battle between the death and I seemed forever while the storm went down in 2 blows. Is time a factor in the rewards? Cause surly I should not have been punished for loosing to a higher level and not rewarded the same for beating someone lower then me?

This is my big hang up with pvp there is no progression.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
maxiforce wrote:
I am fed up with loosing more points than i am winning in pvp...

this is how i think it should work.

15 should be the middle number, so if a level 10 goes against a level 10, then the loose/win 15 points

if a level 11 goes against a level 9 this is how it should work:

the level 11 wins and he gets 14 points and the level 9 looses 9 points

if the level 9 wins he gets 16 points and the level 11 looses 16 points

I just played against a myth 3 levels above me and he got 21 points and i lost 21 points... before that i went against a person 8 levels above me, i won. i got 10 points, he lost 10 points... pathetic...

this is why so many people are loosing rank, and honestly it is a pathetic system. i went from knight (655) to the one below it (623) in three games, winning one and loosing to... its stupid, and honestly pathetic... and if you take it of the pvp rankings then it is unfair... the level 13 myth was one rank below me... wizard 101, listen to us for a change and make things better instead of just adding and adding more worlds and stupid amulets, also making pvp unfair... for crying out loud "-.-

ps. i do pay, and i dont feel like 80 pounds was worth this game for a year, ripof... oh and, if you dont let this onto the main boards, then you read it instead "-.-
LOL! I see this all the time. People are complaining about the points and IT IS FAIR. Want to know why? if you are a Captain, Knight Veteran, Or higher... actually also sergeant and then you facing well say you're a warlord rank 6824 (random number) and you face someone higher lvl somewhat up there but they're rank is 496! they beat you, they get like 30 points you lose 30 points. Yeah why? Because you just got schooled by a person that loses say 92% of the time while you win say 99.99% of the time... (00.01% taken away from the private) and i prove my case rested! xD

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Tragamite wrote:
So I battled a corperal level 60 and I'm corperal level 56 and the death wiz beat me earning 16 points costing me the same so then I battle a 53 corperal storm and win earning 12 points?

The battle between the death and I seemed forever while the storm went down in 2 blows. Is time a factor in the rewards? Cause surly I should not have been punished for loosing to a higher level and not rewarded the same for beating someone lower then me?

This is my big hang up with pvp there is no progression.
Actually, if you shield ad they person still wins you lose more points they get more, now if the storm went down in 2 blows he/she must not have time to notice what school you are so didn't shield, just didn't have time to shield, or didn't shield at or because she/he thinks storm can kill them before they kill them, Therefore that is why you got less points when you won and lost more points when you lost or the corporal might have had a lower rank than the other corporal therefore (xD) you won less points than when you lost them! Hope this helped! James Iceheart Legend of all Schools

Survivor
Sep 03, 2010
yes i totally agree. its unfair how just because you get a rank higher then your in pvp or even the same rank as you alot of times you get noob points or none at all. but if you loose you happen to to many tims making the game somewhat unfair. i mean think about it KI you could have done 5 pvp rank 2v2 matches. and overall you win 4 out of 5 matches. but the one you lost 30 points in but the other 4 yes you won but only got a toal of 10 points for it? how can this work? please someone tell me.