Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Final, faithful days of PVP?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
With the introduction of amulets I really hope that they aren't allowed in the PVP arena... otherwise people who have more money (in which they can buy more crowns and obtain the amulets) will give them a HUGE advantage over those that don't. I know that some of the amulets will be available as drops in Wintertusk, but from what I have gathered you will have to be a very high level in order to even access Wintertusk because it is a continuation of Grizzleheim.

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I hope this issue is balanced out in that Amulets should either be easier to come by or should not be allowed in the PVP arena.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Funkii4710 wrote:
With the introduction of amulets I really hope that they aren't allowed in the PVP arena... otherwise people who have more money (in which they can buy more crowns and obtain the amulets) will give them a HUGE advantage over those that don't. I know that some of the amulets will be available as drops in Wintertusk, but from what I have gathered you will have to be a very high level in order to even access Wintertusk because it is a continuation of Grizzleheim.

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I hope this issue is balanced out in that Amulets should either be easier to come by or should not be allowed in the PVP arena.

patience, i have to admit, right now, only the people who can affourd serious crowns are "ruling the arena" but when WT is released it will balance back out, what i am thinking, is you have to FINISH gh to get into wt, so you have to be i think lvl45? for that. and you can port to friends, who are willing to farm alongside you.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
slammer111 wrote:
Funkii4710 wrote:

patience, i have to admit, right now, only the people who can affourd serious crowns are "ruling the arena" but when WT is released it will balance back out, what i am thinking, is you have to FINISH gh to get into wt, so you have to be i think lvl45? for that. and you can port to friends, who are willing to farm alongside you.

That is true, but shouldn't someone who spends 20 dollars receive an advantage? I mean when these amulets become droppable that person will have paid money for something that is free. If that advantage is during PvP for a few months, why not? Don't criticals provide an advantage in the arena for 50+? I don't have the new amulet yet, but I am staying away from the arena too.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
kingurz wrote:

The amulets aren't no trade. You'll see people getting them with high level wizards and putting them on their low levels just to get fast high ranks, just like they do high level, ancient and epic pets, now.

ranked PVP is completely broken. It should be about skill, not gadgets. If KI wants to fix it right, when someone goes into the arena, it'll pull all their clothes and pets off, put them into uniforms, and disallow any cards from the sidebar or treasure card stacks. Just the player and their spell deck.

Won't happen, though. PVP is all about who can afford/get the best gadgets and find the best loopholes.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This is a PvP issue and belongs in the PvP forum. Maybe a moderator will move it there.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
I find that the amulets aren't worth it, since you get very few cards from other schools, also you no longer have your original amulet, and they are way too expensive and help way too little.
I have 3 soloutions for this:

-either amulets should let people use power pips for 2 other schools;
-they should be cheaper, somewhere between 1-10$;
-or, the new amulets can be overlapped to our old ones, because there are a lot of strong amulets in CL that I would like to try, but cant because it takes too long to use without power pips

...also the amulets should give like 5% power pip chance xD

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Funkii4710 wrote:

Do not worry, my friend! The final faithful days of PvP will end soon, for the amulets shall be dropped once more! Woohoo!