Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training Points! Let's try again!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, my last post did not make it! I think maybe because it stated as the subject:

1 Week Only Free Training Point Buy Back!!!

Maybe that sounded like a declaration and KI did not want it to sound like it was going to happen.

Yet, I am sure all of the wizarding community would love this idea, especially with the release of the new amulets.

I don't think it would be too much to ask, just for one week only, let all characters buy back their training points for free. I think you would make the community very very happy and boost sales for the new amulets all at the same time!

Please KI, give this some thought and let this post be heard and commented on!

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Or use gold? I would love to reset my life/ storm school but she's almost legendary. I solved that problem by making a new life wizard that I haven't started yet.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
KingsIsle is all about making money. They will not change or give anything away for free.

Love of money is what makes this world go 'round.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I agree.

I think it would be nice of KI if they would grant us this boon. Or even as tweetybird18428 said, let us do it with gold.

One week would give all wizards a chance to respec their secondary schools. And as darthjt said, "it would make the wizard community very happy."

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
KingsIsle is all about making money. They will not change or give anything away for free.

You don't consider that they have to pay their employees, and that these employees, probably many with children, work for free? Any company must pay for employees, benefits, rental on office space, all the computers, etc...which is a lot of monies. It is a question of value, is it worth the cost to produce a product, and can you make back your investment on what the market will bear.

And you are wrong, look how many free players there are...given away free.

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Okay, my last post did not make it! I think maybe because it stated as the subject:

Maybe that sounded like a declaration and KI did not want it to sound like it was going to happen.

Yet, I am sure all of the wizarding community would love this idea, especially with the release of the new amulets.

I don't think it would be too much to ask, just for one week only, let all characters buy back their training points for free. I think you would make the community very very happy and boost sales for the new amulets all at the same time!

I love your Idea, we should be able to. But not to make it sound so damanding, how about if they seta one hour per week to return back, our training point. Also, How about we use this:

6,000 or 7,000 gold for lvls 1-8

8,500 gold for lvls 9-20

10,000 gold for lvls 21-45

15,000 gold lvls 46 and higher

Hope this helped :D :D :D

Hunter WildHorn
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I would like this especially when and if they add the new amulets that are in test.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:

lol lol lol laughed so hard when i saw this

Historian
May 01, 2010
amiramir321 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

I love your Idea, we should be able to. But not to make it sound so damanding, how about if they seta one hour per week to return back, our training point. Also, How about we use this:

8,500 gold for lvls 9-20

Hunter WildHorn
Grandmaster Pyromancer

you know, i would say lower the lvl 1-8, and also make it at the beginning of lvl 12 you can (like it currently is) because 46+ can get 15,000 easy, while 1-maybe 25, cant get that easily so i would say either lower the lower lvl's or rais the higher, cause if you think about it
which would you rather have?
3 points for 6,000

3-5 for 85,000

5-10 for 10,000, or

10-21 points for 15,000 (everything, zeke grandmaster quests etc.)

i would go for 21 for 15,000 and anyone would too if they could go to cl, thats a walk in the park basically.
i would say 42,000 for 21 points, or 2,000 per point, wouldnt you say that would be a lot more manageable?
a challenge for all lvls , but not a walk in the park for high, and a all out challenge for lower lvls

Armiger
May 10, 2010
MikeStrath wrote:
Shiningfantasia wrote:

You don't consider that they have to pay their employees, and that these employees, probably many with children, work for free? Any company must pay for employees, benefits, rental on office space, all the computers, etc...which is a lot of monies. It is a question of value, is it worth the cost to produce a product, and can you make back your investment on what the market will bear.

You think we have not considered this? So, what do you think 10,000,000 subscribers do, pay for dinner? You think that making people pay $10 to $20 dollars for each character to get their training points back, that is what pays their salaries?

My whole point is and let me state this again for the record, since you may not have understood this from the beginning. With all the changes, especially the new amulets, people would want to get back their training points, but with having to purchase an amulet and buy back training points, that is way too much!

I don't think it is too much to ask, to have for 1 week only, training points be given back for free. Why do you think I say this?

1: When you first start Wizards101, you don't know all the intricate details of each and every school.
2: When new things are introduced, you get them, because they are cool or you think you have to get them in a specific order, because the rest are not there.
3: When Amulets and Criticals are introduced and feint is not a requirement anymore, there is a lot of training points that goes to that one spell.

These are only a few of the many reasons that, for one week only, it would be a great idea for training points to be given back for free.

Think of this, if you have 6 legendaries on one account, and you now want to respec them all, you will have to pay $60 to $80!

So, with all due respect, those of us that pay for a subscription every month or even yearly, we have every right to ask that atleast a 1 time deal or 1 week only event that this could be done for us.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:

Money can cause greed and hate if everything in the world was free the world would be alot more better i bet...

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
darthjt wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:
Shiningfantasia wrote:

You think we have not considered this? So, what do you think 10,000,000 subscribers do, pay for dinner? You think that making people pay $10 to $20 dollars for each character to get their training points back, that is what pays their salaries?

My whole point is and let me state this again for the record, since you may not have understood this from the beginning. With all the changes, especially the new amulets, people would want to get back their training points, but with having to purchase an amulet and buy back training points, that is way too much!

I don't think it is too much to ask, to have for 1 week only, training points be given back for free. Why do you think I say this?

1: When you first start Wizards101, you don't know all the intricate details of each and every school.
2: When new things are introduced, you get them, because they are cool or you think you have to get them in a specific order, because the rest are not there.
3: When Amulets and Criticals are introduced and feint is not a requirement anymore, there is a lot of training points that goes to that one spell.

These are only a few of the many reasons that, for one week only, it would be a great idea for training points to be given back for free.

Think of this, if you have 6 legendaries on one account, and you now want to respec them all, you will have to pay $60 to $80!

So, with all due respect, those of us that pay for a subscription every month or even yearly, we have every right to ask that atleast a 1 time deal or 1 week only event that this could be done for us.

I agree darthjt. It is not like we are asking for this to be a permanent issue. I would only be a 1 time event. Those of us that have multiple wizards and some that even have multiple accounts are already skimming tight.

When I started playing this game 26 months ago, I was paying the yearly sub. As of last month I have had to go to a monthly sub and that is very tentative now. Which means that KI is actually getting more money from me. My husband and I are raising 2 grandchildren (the youngest is 18 mths) on a low fixed income so if it comes down to the wire of whether I continue to pay to play or put food on the table, GUESS WHAT? I won't be playing. I am sure there are many others out there that are in much the same situation. And I feel for them. I know how tough it is to be able to afford the necessaties as it is.

Even though I won't be buying the crowns for the amulets, I would still like to respec on training points. But for those that may need to respec and would like to buy the amulet, it may still be an issue which they are going to be able to do. If you look at the cost in crowns to respec even you legendaries, and the cost of the amulets, the cost to respec is still less. The cost to respec in crowns as a legend will cost you a little over $10 as an average. The cost of the amulets in real cash is going to cost you approximately $40 EACH. And that will depend on whether you puchased crowns on any of the most recent crown specials. If you didn't, then expect to pay the $40 for each amulet. As much as I would like to have them for my wizards the same as the rest of you, I can't spend money that I don't have.

I do have a few crowns but those will be used for the remaining up coming wizards I have for henchmen when they go for lvl 58 spell quests.

We have all learned lessons with our first wizards and know not to make the same mistake again. It is up to us to help the new players learn before they make the same mistakes we did.

Darthjt has a good idea and I think it would be well worth the effort for KI to consider a 1 time event for this issue.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I don't see this happening. KI makes way too much money on training point buy backs. Maybe if it was a day, but a week? I don't think so.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I don't see this happening. KI makes way too much money on training point buy backs. Maybe if it was a day, but a week? I don't think so.

Well then, even a day would be great, as long as a 1 time offer was given. The only reason I said for a week, is because not everyone logs in every day! Some people might have to work overtime or have something come up that they have to do, so given a week, anyone that would want to, would have the chance to respec their training points one time!

But I am not greedy, a day would be fine, as long as we are given the chance and opportunity. Is it really that much to ask of our beloved Game?

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Professor Greyrose posted thee are two ways to respec training points, use crowns or invest time (re-do wizard from scratch). I have tried to find that post but, so far no luck. Staff please correct me if I am wrong about that.

I don't see that changing.

Megan-Formerly Firefan02

Survivor
May 21, 2010
YES! this is a great post i too had though about it not only would it boost new amulet sales it would make KI look awesome towards players which would make players want to buy more crowns since they would know KI is not all about the money

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
amiramir321 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

8,500 gold for lvls 9-20

Hunter WildHorn
Grandmaster Pyromancer

you know, i would say lower the lvl 1-8, and also make it at the beginning of lvl 12 you can (like it currently is) because 46+ can get 15,000 easy, while 1-maybe 25, cant get that easily so i would say either lower the lower lvl's or raise the higher, cause if you think about it
which would you rather have?
3 points for 6,000

3-5 for 85,000

5-10 for 10,000, or

10-21 points for 15,000 (everything, zeke grandmaster quests etc.)

i would go for 21 for 15,000 and anyone would too if they could go to cl, thats a walk in the park basically.
i would say 42,000 for 21 points, or 2,000 per point, wouldnt you say that would be a lot more manageable?
a challenge for all lvls , but not a walk in the park for high, and a all out challenge for lower lvls

Hmmm, Why didnt I think of that Give me a while to think~~~Time passes~~~ Agree 100% with you :D :D

Once Again
Hunter WildHorn
Could use some help with "Distrect Of Stars" in CL

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:

i beg to differ...

they have set up the mini games to get prizes and i have gotten several 7 day rentals.

and they gave away the crowns for the survey as well.

the only thing you say about the future is it is uncertain. and only KI is the only one to know what is really to come.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

How about Half a week ... For Days maybe?

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
i love the idea and i hope KI is nice enough to do that. Wizard101 is my favorite game in the world. plz KI, just for your players

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I would love this and i'm not exagerating but when i began back n 09 i chose fire as my primary school (smart move) however i chose storm as my second now i'm not saying i'm not loving having storm as a secondary school, but it wasn't smart to have both fire and storm so to make a long story short i need a week of free buy back! :)

Alex ThunderFlame Magus Pyromancer

Explorer
May 12, 2010
This would certainly be useful! I wont buy an amulet because they are too expensive when I have to buy back my training points too!

So, I will wait until I can farm for one in Wintertusk, then decide if I want to buy back my training points. 5 characters wont be cheap though!

However, if KI does decide to let this idea pass, it can increase the sales of the amulets!

We can only hope!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, the only way to possibly get KI to even consider this is to have everyone post asking them to do this! With over 10 million players only 20 people asking, it is not likely that anything will change!

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
darthjt wrote:

I agree! I am so tired of sticking with these old, bland secondary-school spells and I want some more Astrals. Come on, KI, let's make this happen!

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
goldendragon18 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:
Shiningfantasia wrote:

I agree darthjt. It is not like we are asking for this to be a permanent issue. I would only be a 1 time event. Those of us that have multiple wizards and some that even have multiple accounts are already skimming tight.

When I started playing this game 26 months ago, I was paying the yearly sub. As of last month I have had to go to a monthly sub and that is very tentative now. Which means that KI is actually getting more money from me. My husband and I are raising 2 grandchildren (the youngest is 18 mths) on a low fixed income so if it comes down to the wire of whether I continue to pay to play or put food on the table, GUESS WHAT? I won't be playing. I am sure there are many others out there that are in much the same situation. And I feel for them. I know how tough it is to be able to afford the necessaties as it is.

Even though I won't be buying the crowns for the amulets, I would still like to respec on training points. But for those that may need to respec and would like to buy the amulet, it may still be an issue which they are going to be able to do. If you look at the cost in crowns to respec even you legendaries, and the cost of the amulets, the cost to respec is still less. The cost to respec in crowns as a legend will cost you a little over $10 as an average. The cost of the amulets in real cash is going to cost you approximately $40 EACH. And that will depend on whether you puchased crowns on any of the most recent crown specials. If you didn't, then expect to pay the $40 for each amulet. As much as I would like to have them for my wizards the same as the rest of you, I can't spend money that I don't have.

I do have a few crowns but those will be used for the remaining up coming wizards I have for henchmen when they go for lvl 58 spell quests.

We have all learned lessons with our first wizards and know not to make the same mistake again. It is up to us to help the new players learn before they make the same mistakes we did.

Darthjt has a good idea and I think it would be well worth the effort for KI to consider a 1 time event for this issue.

Fallon WinterLeaf
ya i didnt know there was astral spells and such when i started wasted most of my training points granted im only in grizllehiem ( level 26 ) but i would like to get all those so thats just rude that they wont let us buy them back with gold or free for awhile i would jsut like to say i am really angry about this