Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Upgraded memebership gives me nothing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
I upgraded my membership as a family membership. There are two accounts in my membership. My account is still not able to access all of the streets while my husband's account is able to access these things. If both accounts were upgraded at the same time, shouldn't they both have equal access? Under my account when I try to access streets listed as premium, I still get the message that I need to upgrade my account. This is outrageous! Am I supposed to continue to pay for something I am unable to get into? I have sent two messages regarding this problem and am still waiting for an email. There should be a phone number so "members" can contact customer support in cases like this. :x

Administrator
Much like reading chapters in a book, Wizard101 is sequential game play (before you move to level 2 you must complete level 1). 

Even if you have purchased a Membership you must first complete all of the quests in one world to be able to move on to the next. 

The same thing goes for Access to some of the streets or areas within a world.  For instance, when you've successfully completed the quests for Wizard City you will be given a quest to enter into the next world, Krokotopia. 

Once you have your own access there, as long as you have a Membership or have purchased the Preimium area with Crowns, you will be able to enter that world freely. 

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
I do not have any quests remaining other than ones in the streets and worlds that I am not able to get into because it tells me that I need to upgrade my membership! How, then, am I supposed to proceed? It is not like I am just trying to get into areas that I am not ready for, I know better than to just try to access other areas when I have things to do in the available areas first. The ONLY reason I upgraded my membership was because I needed to get into these other areas in order to move forward at all. I am seriously regretting this upgrade at this time because it has not done me any good whatsoever.

Please help me figure this out.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Joining accounts together as a family does not mean both accounts will have the same membership. Each account must be upgraded and paid for separately. Joining the accounts together will give you the monthly discount on both accounts not make them equal in membership.

At this time I have 4 accounts joined together in a family account. Mine is the only one that has membership.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Adherent
May 20, 2010
A $9.95 per month subscription gets you unlimited access to ONE user account (one login name). You can make and play up to six wizards on that account, but only one can be logged in at any given time. If you want to log in two wizards simultaneously

Grouping your accounts under a family plan will get you a discount if more than one is subscribed. For two or more accounts, each is $6.95 per month. This effectively means that the second account only costs about $4 more than the the first does.

What it amounts to is that if you want two or more wizards logged on at the same time, you have to pay for each. Grouping them under a family plan will cost $6.95 per month each.

If you've paid for each of these accounts, and you still can't access the premium areas with them, you should send in a ticket to Support.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
lgwilt wrote:
I upgraded my membership as a family membership. There are two accounts in my membership. My account is still not able to access all of the streets while my husband's account is able to access these things. If both accounts were upgraded at the same time, shouldn't they both have equal access? Under my account when I try to access streets listed as premium, I still get the message that I need to upgrade my account. This is outrageous! Am I supposed to continue to pay for something I am unable to get into? I have sent two messages regarding this problem and am still waiting for an email. There should be a phone number so "members" can contact customer support in cases like this. :x

You have to upgrade all the accounts separately, not just the main account. A family membership is not an upgrade, it simply offers a discount to any new or existing account you join together and subsequently upgraded with subscription. In other words, it is possible to have one account with a subscription and all remaining family accounts as trial accounts.

A good way to check is to look over your billing statement. If you are being charged 9.95, you only have one account that is subscribed. If you are being charged 13.90, then you have two family accounts subscribed. The other way to check is to log into the master account and see if any sub-accounts have trial status marked next to them.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
I joined the two accounts together and also paid for upgrade on both accounts. I really want my upgrade. If I can't get a reply from customer support soon, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Administrator
Tickets can take up to 48 hours to receive a response. Don't worry, our support team has your ticket and will process it in the order in which it was received.

If you do not hear back from our support team, ensure that the email address(es) associated with your Wizard101 account are valid, and that you can check email there. You can also alternately contact us at community@wizard101.com

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Jul 27, 2009

have hubby go head and you port to him
But... remember you are going farther ahead then you should
and you really do not gain that much by jumping like that
you get more if you follow the quest line

Administrator
An investigation in to your query uncovered that no ticket was sent to the support team, and that you have TWO accounts with characters of the same name.

The account you upgraded to a Membership has not been played since March.
The account you are logging in to the game with was not upgraded to a Membership.

An email with details has been sent to you.

community@wizard101.com