Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why level 50?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 24, 2008
Why does the level have to be level 50? Why can't it be higher? If you ask me, I think it would be fair to go up a higher level. Can't it be like level 60? From grandmaster to legendary (your wizard type here)... or something like that. :?

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Then why level 60? Might as well go up to level 900. No, wait, lets just skip beating around the bush and increase the level cap to 99,900. Better?

That is why "its level 50." Very reasonable to me.

It is VERY easy for someone already at level 50 to say, oh, lets increase the level cap. But it does not sound like it to one that would start at level 1 for the first time.

I have a 50 wizard, do not get me wrong, I am actually thinking about people other than myself. Keep it at 50, Wizard101, its perfect the way it is.

The whole reason I ditched World of Warcraft is because they kept increasing their level cap, effectively erasing and nullifying all the work you did for the previous level cap.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
The content gets you to 50. The content doesn't get you to 60. If the level cap were 60, it would take a ton of grinding. In order to be competitive in PvP, players would have to spend obscene amounts of time grinding. That would be a very bad thing.

Raising the level cap when new content is added might be reasonable, but not until then.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Okay I understand what you are saying that there should be a lvl cap. However, it does not give you a chance to get all the spells and that is what I want. As of right now, I am getting very bored with the game. So if you can figure out a way to get more spells without raising the lvl cap, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Adding more spells and having a level cap are two independent issues. Guild Wars today has more than three times as many skills as it had at launch (and it had over 300 at launch), but the level cap is unchanged from its original value of 20.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
dont raise it plz plz if you are a lvl 50 it is the moat fun thing that you can do people look up to you. i no that i am only a lvl 35 (on my best person) and i look up to lvl 50s and they are high and mighty to me lol and all the lvl 50s will have to play for a long time to become a lvl 60 or so

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
lvl cap is curretly 50 to save those long hours of grinding becouse you dont have quests so once the new world comes out they dont want people bored because the quests give them nothing because they are lvl 60 and they will always be above the lvl that normal people are in the new world and the quests will be too easy and people will be bored because they are too easy so basiclly KI is trying to make every part of the game fun because grinding is boring and quests are fun

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
The content does not get you to 50. My wife got to level 50 just as she opened DS Academy. Now, she has to either make a new character until the new world comes out, or complete the rest of DS without getting any XP. I am also close to the level cap and most of my friends are either there now, or close too. She is getting bored with it, with completing the quests and not being able to level, and in my opinion it's really not fair that she can't.

On top of that, there's a max amount of gold you can have too, so eventually, not only will you NOT gain levels, you won't be able to collect gold from the monsters that you fight either. After that happens, what's the point in continuing?

I have heard, though, that this summer, once the new worlds open, the level cap will be raised, and I think that's a good thing. But it should have happened sooner.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Ok What i think is that just make the level cap up to lvl 100. It would be better for the game because i know many people who got up to lvl 50 and are quiting the game because they are bored with it. And making the level up to 100 can maybe make the staff make like new worlds new spells new pets new everything!!! I think making it up to 100 will be good to keep people playing wizard 101 and not quit, you keep everything you have had before. :D :D :D

Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
increasing lvl cap like MAYBE once a year is fine. just add new clothes and stuff, or if you make it to a hundred (like in pokemon) then have like gauntlets or staves that do like 200 damage. the higher level cap, the higher damage or spells or boosts clothes should give, not fun if the lvl cap is raised, but the clothes stay the same!

Hero
May 19, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Then why level 60? Might as well go up to level 900. No, wait, lets just skip beating around the bush and increase the level cap to 99,900. Better?

It is VERY easy for someone already at level 50 to say, oh, lets increase the level cap. But it does not sound like it to one that would start at level 1 for the first time.

I have a 50 wizard, do not get me wrong, I am actually thinking about people other than myself. Keep it at 50, Wizard101, its perfect the way it is.

The whole reason I ditched World of Warcraft is because they kept increasing their level cap, effectively erasing and nullifying all the work you did for the previous level cap.

they might not keep it at level 50, i mean with the new world coming out they might have to raise it to keep the grand masters happy. i would be very mad if i had to do all the quest in grizz and not get any xp for doing them

Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
Well they kept it at level 50, and I would have to agree with them. But I think they should add on to the new world with more exp. quests and increase it to 60, maybe 55.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:

That's extremely unrealistic. You're proposing that no game ever go above a certain level because someone else might feel bad. Why not let everyone on the baseball team? Give everyone who wants to be an actor a part? Pass everyone who wants an A? Or how about we just set the cap at level 1 so no one feels bad? Most people have to earn things, that's just real life.

And it's very ridiculous to make a game and then let it die. And that's what would happen. Do you really think people would stick around for 5+ years with nothing to do? After you've gone through it once or twice ,most people want more, that's why there are updates and such in the first place. How do you think games continue on for years and years and years?

And when a cap is raised, none of your work is "erased" or "nullified", it's how gaming goes and a gamer doesn't quit because they can't be the best. Part of the fun is getting there, having something to look forward to. The very first game I played had a cap of 89. I'm only level 60 now and the cap is now 105. If anything, I want to get there to see what the new areas are like. The one thing I worry about with this game is the cap not coming up and me quitting after blowing $60 on a year's subscription...a year's worth of time doing nothing after I hit 50. That's a bad, bad idea for a game, a VERY bad idea.

It's very easy for a lower level to whine about a cap being too high but the higher levels are players too who are paying to play just like you are and they don't deserve to be shafted because they have been playing longer and there are sore gamers around who can't dedicate any time to reaching the same level because they just don't want to. And if you simply CAN'T, again, that's not the problem of the other players who pay to play, too. If this is an issue, you should probably play games that have a definitive end, the ones found on consoles like the PS3 or PS2 even or whatever, games that have a story and a finish so that you don't feel bad.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
why is level 50 the highest level? make it higher. if you dont you will most likely lose alot of people. i am level 50 and i am bored. i will not keep on paying for it if i can not get experience any more. what will i do just walk aroud and do nothig? so at least make it to at least level 100 or 200. please and make new spells to. why add another world if you can not level up any more?

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
Rody511 wrote:
Ok What i think is that just make the level cap up to lvl 100. It would be better for the game because i know many people who got up to lvl 50 and are quiting the game because they are bored with it. And making the level up to 100 can maybe make the staff make like new worlds new spells new pets new everything!!! I think making it up to 100 will be good to keep people playing wizard 101 and not quit, you keep everything you have had before. :D :D :D

Lvl 100 seems kind of high, like someone might grind their teeth extra-hard if they found out they had 100 levels to go through. I think the cap should be 60, 75, or maybe 80, but that's it. It's Wizard101, not DarnIHave100LevelsToGoThrough101.com. (Say that five times fast :P) Hope I helped, and KI please consider this idea!

Scarlet HawkHeart
Lvl 32 Magus Sorcerer

P.S. Just so you know, when I joined I though the lvl cap would be 101 lol :P

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Professor Drake has addressed this issue in Headmasters Announcements. When worlds are released that come as a continuance after DS there will be and increase in the level cap.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
LaadyX wrote:
Shiningfantasia wrote:

That's extremely unrealistic. You're proposing that no game ever go above a certain level because someone else might feel bad. Why not let everyone on the baseball team? Give everyone who wants to be an actor a part? Pass everyone who wants an A? Or how about we just set the cap at level 1 so no one feels bad? Most people have to earn things, that's just real life.

And it's very ridiculous to make a game and then let it die. And that's what would happen. Do you really think people would stick around for 5+ years with nothing to do? After you've gone through it once or twice ,most people want more, that's why there are updates and such in the first place. How do you think games continue on for years and years and years?

And when a cap is raised, none of your work is "erased" or "nullified", it's how gaming goes and a gamer doesn't quit because they can't be the best. Part of the fun is getting there, having something to look forward to. The very first game I played had a cap of 89. I'm only level 60 now and the cap is now 105. If anything, I want to get there to see what the new areas are like. The one thing I worry about with this game is the cap not coming up and me quitting after blowing $60 on a year's subscription...a year's worth of time doing nothing after I hit 50. That's a bad, bad idea for a game, a VERY bad idea.

It's very easy for a lower level to whine about a cap being too high but the higher levels are players too who are paying to play just like you are and they don't deserve to be shafted because they have been playing longer and there are sore gamers around who can't dedicate any time to reaching the same level because they just don't want to. And if you simply CAN'T, again, that's not the problem of the other players who pay to play, too. If this is an issue, you should probably play games that have a definitive end, the ones found on consoles like the PS3 or PS2 even or whatever, games that have a story and a finish so that you don't feel bad.

you no your right!
my highest wizard is on lvl 22 i really don't care how high it gose i long as i get there with my all i'm happy. cause the best is the best you can do
your friend(s) 8)
emma moonhunter lvl 22 ice/fire :P
kymma mythhunter lvl 5 (i think) myth/storm
sydney mythhunter lvl 15 balence/life
sarah mythhunter lvl 15 death/balence
and soon to be abgail mythhunter storm/myth
oh and hannah mythhunter life/death

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:

Woah thats the reason I quit World of warcraft too, and I agree, keep it at 50

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
First off, higher then 50 is a good idea. I assume most people would agree with me when i say the game is all about seeing new spells, as long as when they increase the level they have mile stone spells, like at 56 or 64 or something, its 100 percent worth it. So when people sign up to play, they like to check out the spells, no one is going to sign up saying i am going to become the best at this game. If you, tough because you aint gonna be the best at everything. With that being said, people who spend hours on this daily, should get that reflected in there level,

Second, I refference whom ever posted the thread about every one making the baseball team, and give everyone an A. its 100% correct. If you think you can become the best in 1 month, welcome to the real world theres always gonna be some one better. Being a level 48 at the moment i got my last shool spell, Until new updates come out i dont want a membership because theres nothing else other then big malistare himself but thats not even that great.

Overall, this game is about seeing whats new especially spells, people will keep playing because there motivated by there next spell not to reach the max level. People wont quit just because the max level is raised. And for the thought of people saying 50 is good, those are just people who just expect KingsIsle will make it easy for them and just have the game handed to them.

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
Zarchary wrote:
The content does not get you to 50. My wife got to level 50 just as she opened DS Academy. Now, she has to either make a new character until the new world comes out, or complete the rest of DS without getting any XP. I am also close to the level cap and most of my friends are either there now, or close too. She is getting bored with it, with completing the quests and not being able to level, and in my opinion it's really not fair that she can't.

On top of that, there's a max amount of gold you can have too, so eventually, not only will you NOT gain levels, you won't be able to collect gold from the monsters that you fight either. After that happens, what's the point in continuing?

I have heard, though, that this summer, once the new worlds open, the level cap will be raised, and I think that's a good thing. But it should have happened sooner.

What's the max gold? My life character has had 100,000 gold before at once.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
ok i think they should keep the level max the same even tho im a level 36 in ms 8) i think the level cap should stay the same intill a new world comes out etc.Dont say you have nothing to do once your a grandmaster maybe make another account or do arena battles or something :P

ps this is my forst post

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Um, well everyone is kind of right. But the level cap can't just be increased because someone wants it to. There has to be a new world NOT a new area in an existing world. An actual world. They have already come out with Grizzleheim (the new world everyone's been talking about) but they havent raised the level cap. They should make it level 56. And maybe add 1 new spell.

~Dolan Iceblade
Lv. 38 Ice Wizard

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
The problem with raising the lvl. cap now is that lvl 50's who have beaten the game will not be able to get anymore exp to get to lvl. 60 or 100 and also I don't who if there are enough quests to get to lvl. 100 I have done almost all of the quests in WC KT MB GH and MS and about a third of the quests in DS and I'm only lvl. 45 plus new worlds don't pop up over night they can take months of coding, designing, story writing, etc. and since you defeat Malistare in DS they can't add a more difficult world at the end of it, because what would the goal be? And if they add a side world like GH that is harder then DS then the lvl.'s lower than like 40 wouldn't be able to beat it. Basicly, KI has a VERY hard task ahead so let's let them do there work and see what happens.

Explorer
Aug 29, 2009
If this is Wizard101(freshman level), perhaps there is a Wizard201(sophmore level) coming on its way and only those who have completed the freshman level would move onto the sophmore level. It would be same company, same game, but a new place to grow in. That way, not only is there more to do before hitting the end game but also those just starting out don't feel its unreachable.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
I think that the lvl cap should only rise with each world that is made. Since Grizzleheim was made i always thought that the cap should be at least 5 or more lvls higher. :D For those that think it should stay the same think about yourself (if you are lvl 50) and all the other lvl 50 people. Think how it must feel to go through all of that and get no xp. Lastly what about items and how good items would be for those lvl 50 (and if they raise the lvl cap, higher).