Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scalable Multi-Target Spells/Effects

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 12, 2008
Ok so as the topic states i'm suggesting "Scalable Multi-Target Spells/Effects". The idea is that when you cast a spell that has multiple targets the effect is applied to all friendlies or enemies at once and spells with animations adjust based on the number of targets. An example would be using Storm lord on 1 person in comparison to 3 people. Used on a singular enemy Storm Lord would simply do it's normal animation and attack them. While on the other hand when used on the 3 people the Storm Lord used would used a different animation and attack all 3 at once. The reasoning for this is that using a "Multi Target Spell" can be very time consuming and while i'm sure most of you enjoy the game, I'm fairly certain you've all had moments where you wished the battles were going by a bit faster. Personally I think it be cool if the more targets there were the more grander the effect applied would appear.

As a summary for whats above ..
- Area Spells Apply to All targets at the same time.
- 4 Spell animations, 1 chosen based on number of targets.

Effects on the game
- Less camera transitions
- More variations in spell animations
- Faster pace during Multi Target Spell sequences

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
That would be too difficult. KI would have to go through a bunch of mess to get the numberings right and different animations if they were to do that.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2008
I don't see why thats a problem alanthewizard101, Kings Isle is a gaming company and this kind of stuff if what they do on a daily basis. Besides why not implement a feature that would streamline combat and make it more enjoyable. On the other hand it's not about getting the numberings as you call them correct, All that would really be happening is all the damage calculation would be processed in a shorter amount of time on the other side of the field.