Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Everything Invisible?????????????

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Is anyone else having problems of their wizard and everything around them going invisible except for the basic scenery?

Does your wizard train your pet a few rounds then the pet game not load completely?

Does your wizard do a battle or 2 then become invisible when you port to another area?

You are able to move around and even chat with others but can't seen anyone else or your pet. You port to your home where everything you have placed there is also invisible or go to another area thinking it will correct itself, but this does not happen. You even go to the character page and try another of your wizards but when it loads your wizard is still invisible along with everything except the basic scenery again. When you try to log out you either have to use Task Manager or reboot to even get out of the game.

You check all of your drivers and have the most current for your system including your graphics.

Finally you send a report to support with a copy of dxdiag. in which they tell you your drivers are out of date so you check them again. You still have the most current. Support asks you to send a copy of client log zipped if necessary but then they tell you they need a shorter incident.

This problem first started for me when Pet Pavilion was first introduced to the game. And it was the only place it happened. So I stayed away from the pet pavilion until about 4 weeks ago when I decided that the problem had been fixed and I wanted to start leveling pets. The problem was still there but this time it expanded to the rest of the game. It seems to have started since some of the latest maintenance that has been done and I have not been in the pavilion for several days now.

After running my Legendary Pyromancer in a couple battles yesterday in the Floating Land to help a friend, in which a life wizard joined us ( who by the way was invisible to me, my friend could see him). we then went to battle Tangleroot. In the process of entering Tangleroot's domain, my wizard and my friend along with Tangleroot were invisible. We waited for a few minutes then I told my friend that I needed to log out and back in. After I logged back in I was able to help him with a few more of his quests.
This is really getting very irritating and making me not want to even try to help my friends. I never know when it will happen and it is annoying to have to keep logging out and back in just to be able to play.

I even had this happen with farming in stormriven, thinking that surely I could accomplish something without any problems. But at one point I had just completed a Shock a lock and the little notice popped up telling me "that area is not available please try again". All that could be seen on my screen was the background for the shock a lock. So I hit the control button to minimize the game and used Task Manager to close it since I could not exit the game in the normal manner.

If I had dialup I could understand this being a problem because I started playing on dialup. But I have had DSL for almost 2 years and as I stated before, all of my drivers are current.

I have run every scan on my computer including registry cleanup and defrags.

So PLEASE tell me. Is anyone else having similar problems?

Fallon WinterLeaf

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Depends on what computer I am on but I have a similar problem. When I play pet games, once I'm done everything disapears but come back a minute later. Maybe you have a loose connection somewhere? It could be the dsl because that's what I have. Also I am going to upgrade my video card because we get a message that our video drivers quit working. That could be it too.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You're disconnecting from the server, so it can't load whatever is supposed to be loaded. It's probably a server problem and not your fault.

All you can do is close the client, open it again, and log back on.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
colagada wrote:
You're disconnecting from the server, so it can't load whatever is supposed to be loaded. It's probably a server problem and not your fault.

All you can do is close the client, open it again, and log back on.

I hope you are right about it being a server.

But I can't log out in the normal fashion. I either have to use the control button to minimize and then use Task Manager or if control doesn't minimize it, I have to reboot.

It gets very irritating when this happens, especially if I am trying to help another wizard with a quest. It is not so bad if I am just farming or even pet leveling, but not something I want happening when I am helping someone else. Which it did yesterday. Of course I immediately sent the incident back to support. As of yet, I have not received a reply back and I know it can take up to 48 hours.

And thank you too Tweetybird18428. I have checked all connections and even contacted my dsl provider about the issue. They ran a check on my connection and it is running at download speed of 3 mbps.

All of my drivers are working and current. I always check that because everytime I have sent a ticket to support that is the first thing they tell me is that a driver is out of date.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Something kind of similar happened to me a while ago and it turned out to be an item of clothing my wizard was wearing.

What support had me do was to strip off everything from my wizard, including pet, mount, rings, wand and clothing. Then log out completely. Then log back in.

See if your wizard reappears. If so, the problem could be something he was carrying. Equip one of the items your wizard was carrying before, then move in or out of an area, fight a couple of battles, etc. See if the problem reappears. Take notes, either way.

Then remove that item, log out if necessary, log back in again, and repeat.

If the problem is being caused by a bugged item you're wearing or carrying, this is how you can figure out what it is. If you do figure out what is causing the disappearing act, report that item to support.

Alternatively, perhaps you could uninstall Wizard101, update your graphics again, then reinstall Wizard101.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Freshta wrote:
Something kind of similar happened to me a while ago and it turned out to be an item of clothing my wizard was wearing.

What support had me do was to strip off everything from my wizard, including pet, mount, rings, wand and clothing. Then log out completely. Then log back in.

See if your wizard reappears. If so, the problem could be something he was carrying. Equip one of the items your wizard was carrying before, then move in or out of an area, fight a couple of battles, etc. See if the problem reappears. Take notes, either way.

Then remove that item, log out if necessary, log back in again, and repeat.

If the problem is being caused by a bugged item you're wearing or carrying, this is how you can figure out what it is. If you do figure out what is causing the disappearing act, report that item to support.

Alternatively, perhaps you could uninstall Wizard101, update your graphics again, then reinstall Wizard101.

Thanks for the info, but this is happening on all of my wizards not just one.
And I had not done any gear changes on any of them prior to the problems.

When I can log out in the normal fashion, I don't have any problem with my wizards appearing. I is just after I have run for a while with just one wizard it goes invisible. If I switch to another from the character page, it is also invisible. More times than not, I end up having to use Task Manager to close the game and on several occasions have had to reboot to get out of it. NOT GOOD ON COMPUTERS to do that.

But it looks like uninstall and reinstall may be in short order. Support even had me do a Ping on address to address and it is in perfect working order with no packets lost.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
[ Support even had me do a Ping on address to address and it is in perfect working order with no packets lost.

OK. It has been almost well over 48 hours since I sent the last info that support asked for. At this time. 4:07pm cst, I have not received any further answers from them.

I have checked and rechecked drivers, ran scans from the manufacturer sites, installed suggested software or drivers that is available for my system.

I have been playing some but running in shorter sessions and logging out before my wizards become invisible. This is fine if I am running solo, but can be very annoying when you are trying to help someone else. Especially in DS or CL.

KI Support, professors, anyone have any suggestions why this is happening?

Fallon WinterLeaf

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
glad to know that me and my friend are not the only ones the only thing that i have found out that works is logging out completely and logging back in, this is very annoying. i had to do this on my level 48 spell quest (i'm ice) and it told me to fight some trolls in mb which is the hardest place not to get pulled in, in my opinnion

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
abw7 wrote:
glad to know that me and my friend are not the only ones the only thing that i have found out that works is logging out completely and logging back in, this is very annoying. i had to do this on my level 48 spell quest (i'm ice) and it told me to fight some trolls in mb which is the hardest place not to get pulled in, in my opinnion

If you are having the same problems I described above, PLEASE, you and your friend file a ticket with support. I dealt with this for at least a month with emails back and forth to support. Most of mine seemed to have started with the Pet Pavilion on one wizard then spread to other areas of the game on several of my wizards.

Many times I actually had to reboot my computer to even get out of the game. Then I finally figured out that if I go to the character page and instead of hitting the exit button, I would use the control button on the keyboard to minimize it then use task manager to exit the game.

Even though I would log back into the game, sometimes I could run for an hour or so before it would happen again. In one instance, I ported to a friend to help her fight Axenos. When I ported in to her, my wizard along with hers and Axenos were all completely invisible. I was able to help her with the battle, but it was difficult. The only way you can heal, shield or blade your friend or yourself and attack the enemy in this situation is to click on their name tags.

It is not fun and as you said, very annoying.

Support will probably tell you that your graphics driver is out of date so Check that and make sure it is not. Mine wasn't. All of my drivers were and are current. Also, if you are by any chance running Intel Graphics, I just found out that KI does not really support Intel. They suggested I switch to a Nvidia or ATI video card. I have been running Intel (which is what was in my computer when I purchased it) and playing this game since February of 2009. They may also ask you to check with your ISP and ask for a ping test to see if there is any loss of connection and loss of packets. Mine was fine with no loss of packest or connection to KI IP address.

I don't know what has changed in the last couple of days other than I don't run the Pet Pavilion for more than a few minutes at a time then get out of it for a little bit before going back. I have actually been able to run my wizards without any apparent problems other than it being slow to load once I am in the game.

The only other thing I am going to do if it happens again is to uninstall and reinstall the game. I may do that anyway.

I still have not had a reasonable explaination to the problem but I intend continue playing and hope that what ever the problem is, it has been fixed.

Good luck and I hope yours is not and does not get as bad as mine got.

Fallon WinterLeaf
Legendary Theurgist w/ Pyromancy secondary
Legendary Pyromancer w/ Theurgy secondary

Fallon WinterGarden
Grand Master Balance lvl 53 w/ Theurgy secondary

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
abw7 wrote:

If you are having the same problems I described above, PLEASE, you and your friend file a ticket with support. I dealt with this for at least a month with emails back and forth to support. Most of mine seemed to have started with the Pet Pavilion on one wizard then spread to other areas of the game on several of my wizards.

Many times I actually had to reboot my computer to even get out of the game. Then I finally figured out that if I go to the character page and instead of hitting the exit button, I would use the control button on the keyboard to minimize it then use task manager to exit the game.

Even though I would log back into the game, sometimes I could run for an hour or so before it would happen again. In one instance, I ported to a friend to help her fight Axenos. When I ported in to her, my wizard along with hers and Axenos were all completely invisible. I was able to help her with the battle, but it was difficult. The only way you can heal, shield or blade your friend or yourself and attack the enemy in this situation is to click on their name tags.

It is not fun and as you said, very annoying.

Support will probably tell you that your graphics driver is out of date so Check that and make sure it is not. Mine wasn't. All of my drivers were and are current. Also, if you are by any chance running Intel Graphics, I just found out that KI does not really support Intel. They suggested I switch to a Nvidia or ATI video card. I have been running Intel (which is what was in my computer when I purchased it) and playing this game since February of 2009. They may also ask you to check with your ISP and ask for a ping test to see if there is any loss of connection and loss of packets. Mine was fine with no loss of packest or connection to KI IP address.

I don't know what has changed in the last couple of days other than I don't run the Pet Pavilion for more than a few minutes at a time then get out of it for a little bit before going back. I have actually been able to run my wizards without any apparent problems other than it being slow to load once I am in the game.

The only other thing I am going to do if it happens again is to uninstall and reinstall the game. I may do that anyway.

I still have not had a reasonable explaination to the problem but I intend continue playing and hope that what ever the problem is, it has been fixed.

Good luck and I hope yours is not and does not get as bad as mine got.

Fallon WinterLeaf
Legendary Theurgist w/ Pyromancy secondary
Legendary Pyromancer w/ Theurgy secondary

Fallon WinterGarden
Grand Master Balance lvl 53 w/ Theurgy secondary

apparently by what it sounds like i got the bug at the least and it hasn't gotten as bad as yours so far in fact it started by me helping a friend in cl and moving back into ds. i've never had this problem in the pet pavilion and to me it seems to have corrected itself.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
From time to time some of the coding in the game plays with my task manager...and I get the results you see....nothing but the world. I haven't been able to find the reason, my guess is that some coder found something he/she thought was interesting, put it in, and didn't realize it didn't come with most of the computers, or something like that. I just relog and everything is fine.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
From time to time some of the coding in the game plays with my task manager...and I get the results you see....nothing but the world. I haven't been able to find the reason, my guess is that some coder found something he/she thought was interesting, put it in, and didn't realize it didn't come with most of the computers, or something like that. I just relog and everything is fine.

Thanks Mike. Maybe that is what happened on mine.
Apparently whatever it was, seems to have corrected itself and I have been able to run all of my wizards the last few days with no problem.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Here I go again.

I have been able to run all of my wizards over the past week with no problems of any kind.

Now KI does more maintenance this past wednesday morning, which, I understand they need to do to keep the game running.

BUT, later that evening, I am running one of my legendaries and farming a boss in CL with a friend. GUESS WHAT? When I ported to him, the old invisibility was back. Of course, I had to use task manager to get out of the game and log back in.

Yesterday, I did some battles in the District of the Stars to work on Shark badges. The realm I was in seemed to be getting busy so I changed realms and I was invisible again. Log out and back in.

After that last incident I decided to go to my other legendary and check on her plants. When I ported home and started to tend plants everything was fine. I cast the pest control for rank 5 pests and everything completely froze. This time, I had to reboot.

KI, I know that all the maintenance needs to be done, BUT, I would like to know why this keeps happening. My drivers are current, my ISP is working just fine, and my graphics may not be fully supported, but it seems strange that I have been able to play this game for the past 2 years and now all of a sudden I am having this kind of problem.