Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

mysterious flashes?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
well lately i have been experiencing these flases like sombody has teleported to or from where i am and starts out with nobody and ends out with nobady. It usually happends on a street where it is basically remote... anybody else having this same problem?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
OMG I am not insane! This happens to me a lot and has been for a long time. I will see a flash, stop and turn around but no one is there even though I could have sworn someone ported to me. For some reason it seems to happen more in MS. I have no idea what it is.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
superluther wrote:
OMG I am not insane! This happens to me a lot and has been for a long time. I will see a flash, stop and turn around but no one is there even though I could have sworn someone ported to me. For some reason it seems to happen more in MS. I have no idea what it is.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

ok i wanted to make sure it wasnt just me stick around to see if anybody has a reason... lol i thought it was just my computer glitching!

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
once i was at friends house and i saw a bunch of balance signs around my friend but no one ported and she was life or death or storm i forgot but certainly not balance. then i asked her what happened and she said what are you talking about. it only happend that one time though

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
poleart wrote:
well lately i have been experiencing these flases like sombody has teleported to or from where i am and starts out with nobody and ends out with nobady. It usually happends on a street where it is basically remote... anybody else having this same problem?

I always thought it was because my house was haunted ..! :-o

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
I can confirm what you are seeing. I just started to see them yesterday. Just as stated, seems like somebody just ports in to you, you turn around, and nobody is there xD

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
or someone ported behind you when you weren't looking and the flash from the port came into your vision and the person was gone when you turned around

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
Those are port failures. I've seen it quite a few times when a friend tries to port to me & some times when I port to a friend.

They port then ask where I am because they dont see me, when in fact, they did port to my location; but they were not ported to the same realm as me. The only reason I know that's what it is... is because I was expecting a port. I see the port flash & no friend. We look at our realms & see we are in different realms. If it was never anounced that I was being ported to; I'd be like you. "Did someone port to me?"

It's not really to terrible a bug. because it doesn't happen a whole lot & we eventually reach each other; almost always by the 2nd port. But I gurantee that's what it is. You have someone on your friend list who saw you online, just ported to you to see what you are doing, but didn't port to the same realm as you. And on there end they thought nothing of it because they didn't see you so just moved on with their business.

Robert DragonWisperer LvL 58 Lifer

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
izzi250
Post Apr/8/2011 7:44 pm Subject: Re:mysterious flashes?
or someone ported behind you when you weren't looking and the flash from the port came into your vision and the person was gone when you turned around

So you think that it is lag or connection issues?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
QuantumCat wrote:
Those are port failures. I've seen it quite a few times when a friend tries to port to me & some times when I port to a friend.

They port then ask where I am because they dont see me, when in fact, they did port to my location; but they were not ported to the same realm as me. The only reason I know that's what it is... is because I was expecting a port. I see the port flash & no friend. We look at our realms & see we are in different realms. If it was never anounced that I was being ported to; I'd be like you. "Did someone port to me?"

It's not really to terrible a bug. because it doesn't happen a whole lot & we eventually reach each other; almost always by the 2nd port. But I gurantee that's what it is. You have someone on your friend list who saw you online, just ported to you to see what you are doing, but didn't port to the same realm as you. And on there end they thought nothing of it because they didn't see you so just moved on with their business.

Robert DragonWisperer LvL 58 Lifer

That makes sense, but what is the reason for this happening at 3 am and a person has no friends on?

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
This happens to me all the time!! I will be walking around in mooshu, doing nothing, and I will see a strange flash of light. I will turn around thinking somebody ported, BUT NOBODY IS THERE! I got used to it, but then it started happening in battles. It sometimes would happen in the middle of a battle, and it looks like somebody ports.... My friends also see it. I sometimes I feel like my eyes are going insane!!! Lol...

Love Emma Iceblossom, lvl 60 Ice..

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
zebulous wrote:
izzi250
Post Apr/8/2011 7:44 pm Subject: Re:mysterious flashes?

So you think that it is lag or connection issues?

no