Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Something Special for April Fool's Day

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Is it just me...something I'd do...or does the 'Something Special...' notice above falling on April Fool's Day seem like an awesome prank?

Or is it just me?

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
Is it just me...something I'd do...or does the 'Something Special...' notice above falling on April Fool's Day seem like an awesome prank?

Or is it just me?

Well, I think that it will probably be the arrival of either the Easter shopkeeper or the April Fool's Day shopkeeper, But I can't remember if there was a shopkeeper for April Fool's Day.

Historian
May 01, 2010
yea it is either an epic huge prank (15,000,000 peeps) or what the second poster said, a shopkeeper, or maybe even the release of wintertusk XD( if it is i see lots of time trying to log on in my future)

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Guys they changed it. It now says 16 days. 8 more? But why? Perhaps they need more time to prepare for whatever it is. But I don't think it will be a shopkeeper. For instance, when Spooky Bob came, there was no countdown. This is bigger than a shopkeeper by all means.

Explorer
Mar 24, 2009
slammer111 wrote:
yea it is either an epic huge prank (15,000,000 peeps) or what the second poster said, a shopkeeper, or maybe even the release of wintertusk XD( if it is i see lots of time trying to log on in my future)

Just to kill that right there, it's not gonna be Wintertusk people, so don't get too excited. I could see it being an easter vendor. Although I think it'd be a great prank by KingsIsle to have the countdown be every one gets a whopping crown. Not a headgear, but one actual crown that would be completely useless to everyone. I think that'd be a pretty funny April Fool's Day joke to play on everyone.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
A major release like Wintertusk is always put on the test server first, so you can almost be positive it is NOT what will be released.

Maybe they decided to release the new pets separately and that's what is being released.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I have no idea what it is, but I'm certain it's not just the arrival of a vendor. They usually just put the arrival of a new vendor in the newsletter. Why would they all of a sudden make this huge production about it? I don't think it's an April Fool's Day joke either (or at least it better not be...); I don't think KI is that mean especially considering everything that's been announced recently.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I have no idea what it is, but I'm certain it's not just the arrival of a vendor. They usually just put the arrival of a new vendor in the newsletter. Why would they all of a sudden make this huge production about it? I don't think it's an April Fool's Day joke either (or at least it better not be...); I don't think KI is that mean especially considering everything that's been announced recently.

I hope it's not the new Moonlight pony that you get from subscribing to Beckett MOG magazine. I'll be really ticked, since I didn't get the code until today. Only being able to enjoy having a unique mount for a week before it's released to the masses would put a huge damper on the experience (and make the purchase very questionable).

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
I 90% think it's a big prank. Hahaha!
But there might REALLY be "something special" at the end.
We'll have to find out on April Fool's day. I can't wait!

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
Armiger
May 10, 2010
CAUTION

April Fools Day, a day for anyone and everyone to use pranks! Hmm, how fitting would it be for KI to give all of it's customers 50,000 Crowns, only to not be able to spend them?

Or, how fitting would it be, for when you log in, everything is gone! You have no clothing, no mounts, no pets, no housing, nothing! Yet, you do still have it, but it is an april fools prank!

Or another befitting prank, would be for everyone to receive a free gift upon login! The gift being a wand in the shape of a sucker, stating april fools and doing 0 damage!

Being as how nothing has been on test realm, anyone with any sense would tend to lean to a prank coming soon. However, there is one possibility, since Professor Falmea stated the use of teleports in her weekly announcement, that the new feature might include a teleport to the bazaar.

Yet, one can only hope of something special actually occurring on april fools day, one would be a fool to think it is not a prank!

Defender
May 21, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:

Or is it just me?

April Fools Day is on a Friday, 'the something special' thing is on a Thursday. So its not a prank. I personally believe its Wintertusk, I mean KI said that they would be making worlds faster. And maybe they started working on Wintertusk the same time they started working on Celestia, so I think its Wintertusk. Thank you for reading!

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
People who hate April 1 make it March 32.

My prank is:
1. Go to someone's house note: the owner of it has to be involved in it, too and not say they own it.
2. Throw a party at the owner's house note: the owner cant say why they are doing the party
3. Each time someone says " Who owns this house", you say you own it and not the owner
4. Wait 5-15 seconds and say " Gotcha! , the owner is ( their name ).

Hope this is good

Defender
Dec 12, 2008
catboy2197 wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:

Or is it just me?

Well, I think that it will probably be the arrival of either the Easter shopkeeper or the April Fool's Day shopkeeper, But I can't remember if there was a shopkeeper for April Fool's Day.
How many times do I have to tell you? There is no April Fool's shopkeeper. It may be possible that they finally figured out what to sell, but unlikely, it's probably the Easter shopkeeper (Trust me, I've been playing this for three years, and there never was one, and just cause you remember it, it never happened, it was just you saying that he'd probably sell arrows that go through your heads and stuff).

Defender
Dec 12, 2008
Gelwyn wrote:

Maybe they decided to release the new pets separately and that's what is being released.
No, Professor Greyrose changed her post, there are Level 58 Pets, so it's still unknown.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
SantaIceBurg wrote:
Guys they changed it. It now says 16 days. 8 more? But why? Perhaps they need more time to prepare for whatever it is. But I don't think it will be a shopkeeper. For instance, when Spooky Bob came, there was no countdown. This is bigger than a shopkeeper by all means.

They didn't change it. It still says it will be on April 1st.

Survivor
May 05, 2010
Gelwyn wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

I hope it's not the new Moonlight pony that you get from subscribing to Beckett MOG magazine. I'll be really ticked, since I didn't get the code until today. Only being able to enjoy having a unique mount for a week before it's released to the masses would put a huge damper on the experience (and make the purchase very questionable).
teehee!

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
christopher62597 wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:

Or is it just me?

April Fools Day is on a Friday, 'the something special' thing is on a Thursday. So its not a prank. I personally believe its Wintertusk, I mean KI said that they would be making worlds faster. And maybe they started working on Wintertusk the same time they started working on Celestia, so I think its Wintertusk. Thank you for reading!

It is NOT WINTERTUSK! Wintertusk is not going to come out for a very long time. They just recently released "the first hints of a new world"and you can't expect them to make that quickly. You remember how long Celestia took.The Special Event falls on April 1st. That's all I have to say.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Stalactite wrote:
catboy2197 wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:

Or is it just me?

How many times do I have to tell you? There is no April Fool's shopkeeper. It may be possible that they finally figured out what to sell, but unlikely, it's probably the Easter shopkeeper (Trust me, I've been playing this for three years, and there never was one, and just cause you remember it, it never happened, it was just you saying that he'd probably sell arrows that go through your heads and stuff).

Okay, okay, I said I wasn't sure. No need to go crazy.

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
i am almost positve that it is a prank
it is a funny prank dont get me wrong i think that it is genius, i mean there is a whole topic on this one, but it is a prank. nice one ki. it will not be a shopkeeper, that would be

Defender
Dec 12, 2008
catboy2197 wrote:
christopher62597 wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:

Or is it just me?

It is NOT WINTERTUSK! Wintertusk is not going to come out for a very long time. They just recently released "the first hints of a new world"and you can't expect them to make that quickly. You remember how long Celestia took.The Special Event falls on April 1st. That's all I have to say.
Agree entirely.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
Hmm, you guys have a ton of great ideas for what the "Special" thing is. But have you ever thought of that KingsIsle may be just saying that there is something special coming? My point is, KingsIsle created a kid-friendly game. And would do nothing to hurt or prank other people. So there might not be something at all........ But who knows, right? There MIGHT be something but it is just a thought

Defender
May 11, 2009
Stalactite wrote:
catboy2197 wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:

Or is it just me?

well because you have been playing so long, you would know that when a shopkeeper is coming to the spiral, KI doesnt make a fuss about it, so it wont just be an announcement that the Easter vendor is coming in the ravenwood news. They didnt do this last year, so why would they surprise us with the easter vendor or a prank. And there is no need to freak out dude jeez... 8)

Defender
May 11, 2009
I did the math the surprise is on the first. Thank goodness that i have a 10th grade education, and the year isnt over yet...