Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is the Nightmare hybrid still available?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
I had read a couple message board that are leading me to believe this hybrid was a mistake and is no longer available... does anyone know for sure?
I do not want to waste anymore gold trying for it if it no longer exists.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I too would really like for someone from Kingisle to give a response for this question. My son has been working very hard on leveling up his pets and farming for gold to try and get this pet. If it is no longer available they should let people know (especially younger children) so they do not waste their time.

So can you still get it by mixing a helephant and unicorn, or is the only way to get it now by hatching with another nightmare pet?

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
same i have tried 5 times in the last week and am sick of getting back a helephant

Jack Dragonbreath lvl 60 pyro

Explorer
Dec 25, 2010
As far as I know it is. I've seen a bunch popping up all over the place today.

Administrator
Yes this hatch result is still available however be forewarned that it is a very rare one.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
my second day trying i had success, tries 8 & 9 (same pets, different wizards), i got the Mare on the account using the unicorn;next day i trained one and started to hatch between my accounts, I now have several on each account

unicorn.elephant hatch just under 18 thousand; Mare & other - depends on other- i paid 33-42? thousand depending on what i used (turtle or elephant)

ok, i had money for 2 more hatches, one was to be for my best buddy, the other, whoever had gold in pavilion - that person had starfish- ok we hatch - i got starfish -lol, and i think he did also, not sure because so many people talking and crowding i ported out; ok with friend- he uses turtle- i got my Mare and he got turtle

so even though one match up worked to move Mare over, it didnt work again

i love it though , especially cause it gives lower level people a chance at a mix , else they have to wait till they in ds and get the level 48 pets!

hoping they use the imp and fire cats, possibly bats too, they all early bought ones

How do we find out though if they are doing more? I only found out about the Mare and the Egg seeing someone talking about it in cl battle !

thanks
keira of many legends

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
hptigerlily wrote:
I too would really like for someone from Kingisle to give a response for this question. My son has been working very hard on leveling up his pets and farming for gold to try and get this pet. If it is no longer available they should let people know (especially younger children) so they do not waste their time.

So can you still get it by mixing a helephant and unicorn, or is the only way to get it now by hatching with another nightmare pet?

ok so you said you could get it from a helephant and a unicorn i no were to get unicorn but does it have to be a sertin kind and were do you get helephant

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Yes this hatch result is still available however be forewarned that it is a very rare one.

Thank you very much Professor Greyrose!

I have no problem with it being rare and hard to get, I just didn't want my son to spend hours on something that wasn't possible. I really appreciate you clearing this up.

Thank you again. :)

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
dg051998 wrote:
hptigerlily wrote:

ok so you said you could get it from a helephant and a unicorn i no were to get unicorn but does it have to be a sertin kind and were do you get helephant

The helephant is the school pet you get for being a level 48 fire wizard. IF you don't have a fire wizard you will need to find someone who is and hatch with them.

The unicorn is just the WC unicorn pet that can be bought in the Wizard City pet shop. Anyone can buy one and level it up.

Hope that helps!

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I ended up buy a unicorn for my fire wizard just so I could get the nightmare for her when i decide to level her up. (She's only level 14 or 15.)

Community Leader
Prof. Greyrose,

I keep hearing rumors from people on Central stating that Wizard101 said that soon the Nightmare and Pet Egg hybrids will be removed soon and will be turned into Crown Pets. Is this even true? It did make me wonder since in my book, it does show my Nightmare and Pet Egg as Crown Pets.

Thanks!
-Kelsey F.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Defender
Feb 28, 2011
I have been looking thru all the pets i have to see what/if they can create hybrids. I didnt think the unicorn could, most gold bought pets dont, but I saw the nightmare horse as a hybrid from the unicorn and helephant. It's been a while since anyone answered in here, so plz tell me if this nightmare horse is still available as a hatch? It is now my dream pet, too bad we cant ride it. :)

Taryn

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
cheyinza wrote:
Prof. Greyrose,

I keep hearing rumors from people on Central stating that Wizard101 said that soon the Nightmare and Pet Egg hybrids will be removed soon and will be turned into Crown Pets. Is this even true? It did make me wonder since in my book, it does show my Nightmare and Pet Egg as Crown Pets.

Thanks!
-Kelsey F.

I know you in Wizard101... I'm Paige IceCoin A.K.A Iridian IceWraith.

Anyway... just so this is appropriate for the thread, it is possible for that to happen because the Nightmare was released in October.

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
i see EVERYONE running around with this pet, and instead of going through the work of levelling up my unicorn and finding a helephant owner smart enough to except the hatch, I've been looking to hatch with a nightmare owner, but all I ever get is "No hatching timers" or "Not enough gold" or something like that. It's driving me crazy!

Survivor
May 31, 2010
hey sorry to ask this but the chance of getting a nightmare is allot higher if i breed with a nightmare so i was wondering if anyone wasnt busy they might help me out

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
The Nightmare pet is now a CROWNS pet so this thread should be closed by an Admin or a Moderator.