Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't Ra and Forest Lord be a little stronger

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
If you do not agree with me, do not bother to reply please because this is for people who think Ra and Forest Lord could be a little stronger. If you feel like you have to reply to disagree, please tell me why you disagree. Ok, so I think these two spells could be boosted just a little more or add an additional effect. I think Forest Lord could be raised to 615-695 Damage and Ra, 640-720 Damage. Let me state my reasons. Correct me if I am wrong, it only costs 1 rank to make a spell damage all enemies example, Lotus Swarm and Sandstorm (almost similar). So just subtract 1 from the rank. Life at rank 7 should at least do 600+ damage and so should balance. I mean just take a look at it. Balance is already 50 points, highest damage, lower in damage than storm! Storm Lord is rank 7, does 690 damage, and has a stun. Yes, I know storm is more powerful but can't balance and life at least be able to reach 690 damage?

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I don't know about others, but between my equips and wand rating and boost spells, I rarely have Ra hit below 1000. And usually, when I do, it's because the enemy has a high Balance resist. Even when I don't use my boost spells, he still hits around 1000, most times.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I am going to disagree and agree, but I will offer why....now please note I have wizards with both of these spells.

I think you have forgotten to add in blades and trap percentages. With these, Forest Lord comes very close to the Bigger spells with lower boosting percentages.

On the other hand, Ra may be a touch (or more than a touch) underpowered when you toss in the damage modifiers. Maybe...we do have to remember that there are no balance shields, and this is tough to factor in.

My only comment, we can't just look at base damage as we have to consider the bigger picture when you add in shields, traps, blades, spirit blades, etc

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
With Gargatuan, Ra and Forest Lord do just fine! I actually think they are almost overpowered since it is SO easy with those two to pretty much wipe everyone out (I am speaking PVE, not PVP).

Also, remember Life and Balance have very high natural life amounts and accuracies which Storm does not have. As well as natural healing abilities.

I feel more sorry for Death and Myth who do not get an all attack spell with any power (sorry, Scarecrow just doesn't cut it). Those guys are the losers but hopefully some day they will get a decent all attack spell.

Anyway, I am perfectly happy with Ra and Forest Lord. They rock!

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
MikeStrath wrote:
I am going to disagree and agree, but I will offer why....now please note I have wizards with both of these spells.

I think you have forgotten to add in blades and trap percentages. With these, Forest Lord comes very close to the Bigger spells with lower boosting percentages.

On the other hand, Ra may be a touch (or more than a touch) underpowered when you toss in the damage modifiers. Maybe...we do have to remember that there are no balance shields, and this is tough to factor in.

My only comment, we can't just look at base damage as we have to consider the bigger picture when you add in shields, traps, blades, spirit blades, etc

Well i dont think forest lord should have a boost either. For the same reasons. you have all kinds of blades to boost with. Also traps and if your lucky enough to have a blance wizard to help boost it even more you have one very awesome attack you can even throw a feint in there to boost it and a curse.

When it comes to ra you can only boost it so much. There are not many ways you can boost balance moves. There is the fient and curse they help to. But I feel that it should be incresed people are always saying there is no shield for balance thats an out right lie. It's the tower shield also there is weakness and it seems to me almost (but not every) bad guy has this. Both of these will mess up a good attack. In PVP you dont even have to be an ice wizard to have tower sheilds with the amulets and if you deside not to waste training points on the new schools or it is your second school. You can easily get tower sheild. Also since blance blades, traps, feints, and curse can be used with any attack including a wand attack. They are wasted trying to get rid of a tower shield or weakness.

Maybe they might increse it or maybe they wont. But As a blance wizard myself I seem to do alright even with all these issues. Well have a great and thanks for taking the time to read my post. :D

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
I agree... I like Ra but it also made me want to cry. Balance is the school that is the leas boost-able. Can't we at least get maybe 100 hit points higher?

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
Please do not be offended. I am not disagreeing. IF these spells are causing you to lose 51% of ALL the battles you fight, then they ARE underpowered and need to be looked at. I do not think this is the case.

I am questioning why so many people on this forum seem to think "total damage dealt" by a given spell is the only measure of "fairness", "equality", or "balance" across the different schools of magic?

Please describe instead, a single instance where this "lack of power" was the ONLY reason you lost a specific battle and that it is happening so frequently you are losing EVERY fight of this type because of it.

It is important that we do this, in this way, and here's why.

About fifty years ago, a policeman from a large eastern city wrote a letter asking the nation's reigning authority on combat pistols to visit his city.

"Please convince the Chief of Police and City Council that the war on drugs REQUIRES the immediate replacement of the standard issue .38 revolver. The firepower of this antiquidated weapon is costing policmen their lives. We need to upgrade to the new 18-shot 9mm semi-automatic so that when facing drug lords armed with this weapon we are NOT suffering from a 3-1 shot disadvantage, not to mention the slow, 6-shot re-loading speed of the revolver versus 18-shot clip fed weapons.

I am writing this because I almost died today.

During an early morning raid of a local bar where drugs were suspected of being sold, I surprised the drug lord on the opposite side of a horse shoe shaped bar in the middle of the room. He drew a 9mm and started firing at me as he dove across the far side of the bar.

I returned fire after drawing my .38 and dove for cover on my side of the horse shoe. A raging gun battle ensued. Bullet after bullet whizzing across the 12-15 feet that separated us. I was down to my third and last speedloader, six rounds between me and dying, helplessly out of ammo ... when I heard the metallic click of metal hitting the tile floor and realized he HAD to be changing clips, reloading.

Risking all, I leapt from cover and fired as I hopped over HIS cover and found him wounded, unable to raise his gun hand due to a shoulder wound. It was his gun, not just his clip, that I had heard hitting he floor. Wounded, he dropped both during the reload.

If I had not carried three 6 round speed loaders I would be dead. He fired 18 with no ammo changes and I fired 16 rounds changing ammo twice, with only two rounds left to fight with. We really need that 18 round, clip-fed, semi-automatic pistol in the worst way. Hope you can help."

The combat pistol enthusiast asked this policeman the same question I am asking you ...

"Dear Sir: You are lucky to be alive. Congratulations. I would be most happy to come to your city to help review and improve your combat pistol environment. Let me see if I understand the problem as you have stated it ...

You were in a 34 round gunfight where you fired 16 rounds, missing a stationary target, at a distance of 3-5 paces, 10-15 feet, ... and you think MORE bullets ... is the solution?"

Why, I ask, beg, and plead, do you feel MORE power is needed for these spells? What is it you are FAILING to do that ONLY this additional power can fix?

There are reasons why bazookas do not fire as fast as machine guns, flame throwers don't have sniper rifle range, and distributing nuclear powered hand grenades among the rank and file infantry is probably NOT a good idea ...

Again, I am not saying I disagree, nor am I reiterating that unshielded Balance and very hard to kill Life have been more than compensated for any "weakness" found in their higher level spells ... I simply want to hear, for once, examples of why this "limitation" is forcing your wizard to fail ...

Please.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have not yet gotten Ra ( I have seen Ra in action and it was AWESOME), but I do have Forest Lord and I don't see a problem with it. I have seen Forest Lord do some VERY heavy damage with the right traps and blades.

But you also need to look at your stats to see where your strength is. All of this is determined by the gear you use. If you are wearing gear that does not give ANY boost at all, especially in your school, then your spells are not going to work the way you think they should.

I do agree that Balance overall is on the weaker side but I try to make up the difference as best I can with my gear. Granted we don't have Balance shields and traps as the other schools have, but we do have the elemental and spirit shields. They just don't do us any good if the enemy sticks strictly to balance spells (ie. scorpion, sandstorm, swarm or power nova). The only time they do help is when they use Hydra or Spectral Blast. Power Nova in itself is not very strong and the only advantage is that it does give some weakness to the enemy.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
addisoncrawford wrote:
With Gargatuan, Ra and Forest Lord do just fine! I actually think they are almost overpowered since it is SO easy with those two to pretty much wipe everyone out (I am speaking PVE, not PVP).

Also, remember Life and Balance have very high natural life amounts and accuracies which Storm does not have. As well as natural healing abilities.

I feel more sorry for Death and Myth who do not get an all attack spell with any power (sorry, Scarecrow just doesn't cut it). Those guys are the losers but hopefully some day they will get a decent all attack spell.

I compleatly forgot about gargatuan. Still though its not all that much. But it adds some extra. There is something i did forget to add in my post before though. Remeber life use to not have an attack all spell. And balance's attack all move was very weak and under powered (sandstrom). So when you think about it balance did get an increase. So did life From not have one at all to getting one. Thank you for adding that though like i said i compleatly forgot about gargantuan. :D

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
addisoncrawford wrote:

Yes but that isn't the point. Yeah, we can boost them to do as much as the other ones do BASE, but not nearly enough to be on par with the other ones BOOSTED.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2010
addisoncrawford wrote: With Gargatuan, Ra and Forest Lord do just fine! I actually think they are almost overpowered since it is SO easy with those two to pretty much wipe everyone out (I am speaking PVE, not PVP).

What was that you said about Myth and Death wizards being losers?! I have made 2 main wizards in my playing history, and they are Myth and Death.(I had to delete my Death wizard, though...) I think all schools are equal in strength. Every school has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Zachary Trollcatcher, level 29 Myth wizard

Survivor
May 10, 2010
Sorrry if I'm off topic, but, forget Forest Lord and Ra Snow Angel is the problem It does like 100 more damage than storm lord plus a taunt :x :xJust for one pip more Unfair. I personally think that Snow Angel should be lowered to 70 then 510 ice damage over 3 rounds to all enemies plus taunt. :) :) :)I mean like, remember the last one 475 to all enemies plus stun. KI just gave it a 300 damage boost for one more pip It's klilling everyone in pvp Nobody likes to do pvp against ice in pvp anymore. 3800 health, 37 resist to everything, 9 accuracy, 28 damage, 60 critical rating, 30 critical block rating. :x :xAnd worst of all, Those people dont even have the knife or ring for ice. :-o :-o :-o It all adds up to about 4000 health. And they STILL get a healing boost.

Your's Truly,
Trevor Goldenstaff,
Trevor Dragonstaff

-If u thnk ur pwrfl now, remember wen u were only lvl 2.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
alanthewizard101 wrote:
If you do not agree with me, do not bother to reply please because this is for people who think Ra and Forest Lord could be a little stronger. If you feel like you have to reply to disagree, please tell me why you disagree. Ok, so I think these two spells could be boosted just a little more or add an additional effect. I think Forest Lord could be raised to 615-695 Damage and Ra, 640-720 Damage. Let me state my reasons. Correct me if I am wrong, it only costs 1 rank to make a spell damage all enemies example, Lotus Swarm and Sandstorm (almost similar). So just subtract 1 from the rank. Life at rank 7 should at least do 600+ damage and so should balance. I mean just take a look at it. Balance is already 50 points, highest damage, lower in damage than storm! Storm Lord is rank 7, does 690 damage, and has a stun. Yes, I know storm is more powerful but can't balance and life at least be able to reach 690 damage?
Good idea but I think forest lord should go down to 655 and add a stun and ra should go to 685 and add a -60% weakness to all enemies.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
trevorking85 wrote:
Sorrry if I'm off topic, but, forget Forest Lord and Ra Snow Angel is the problem It does like 100 more damage than storm lord plus a taunt :x :xJust for one pip more Unfair. I personally think that Snow Angel should be lowered to 70 then 510 ice damage over 3 rounds to all enemies plus taunt. :) :) :)I mean like, remember the last one 475 to all enemies plus stun. KI just gave it a 300 damage boost for one more pip It's klilling everyone in pvp Nobody likes to do pvp against ice in pvp anymore. 3800 health, 37 resist to everything, 9 accuracy, 28 damage, 60 critical rating, 30 critical block rating. :x :xAnd worst of all, Those people dont even have the knife or ring for ice. :-o :-o :-o It all adds up to about 4000 health. And they STILL get a healing boost.

Your's Truly,
Trevor Goldenstaff,
Trevor Dragonstaff

-If u thnk ur pwrfl now, remember wen u were only lvl 2.

Do remember that Storm Lord is a rank behind Snow Angel. Personally, I think Snow Angel fits in the best compared to level at the time and other attacks from the Ice school.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Forest Lord, in my opinion, and Ra too, are RIDICULOUS when a gargantuan comes upon them, ALSO, Life gets incredibly large boosters, and Balance has the additional Dragonblade and Bladestorm.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Okay, people keep saying "It does great damage if you add gargantuan balanceblade dragonblade (10 blades later) and amplify"

Hate to bust your bubble, but you don't get it.

If we have Gargantuan (which I don't, another thing) then our opponent can just as easily have Gargantuan. So even though Ra hits high enough to be on par with the rest of the spells (or Forest lord, either way), if the said other spell can be boosted to do just as much more than our spell as it used to.

No I'm not saying Ra should hit as much as Levi and still go to all (That would suck) and I'm not saying we add 500 damage to Forest Lord. Nope I'm just saying we should throw in another 50-100 damage here. That, and what is it with everyone saying something about how Ra shouldn't hit more than Storm Lord? Yep, Storm is high hitting and trigger happy, but you would laugh too if I told you Thunder Snake should start hitting more than a full pip Judgement, just because it's storm. Storm Lord is a rank behind Ra and Forest Lord. Ugh.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Well i disagree i have seen ra do over a thousand damage before with just a blade and nothen else not evan a critical.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
pyromaniac023 wrote:
Well i disagree i have seen ra do over a thousand damage before with just a blade and nothen else not evan a critical.

So have I, I do it all the time. But I've seen Levi hit two million... even though its just to one guy, its still a lot more than a thousand to four enemies.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
sunsword44 wrote:
Okay, people keep saying "It does great damage if you add gargantuan balanceblade dragonblade (10 blades later) and amplify"

If we have Gargantuan (which I don't, another thing) then our opponent can just as easily have Gargantuan. So even though Ra hits high enough to be on par with the rest of the spells (or Forest lord, either way), if the said other spell can be boosted to do just as much more than our spell as it used to.

No I'm not saying Ra should hit as much as Levi and still go to all (That would suck) and I'm not saying we add 500 damage to Forest Lord. Nope I'm just saying we should throw in another 50-100 damage here. That, and what is it with everyone saying something about how Ra shouldn't hit more than Storm Lord? Yep, Storm is high hitting and trigger happy, but you would laugh too if I told you Thunder Snake should start hitting more than a full pip Judgement, just because it's storm. Storm Lord is a rank behind Ra and Forest Lord. Ugh.

Sorry, but no. Balance and Life are just, well, supposed to do lower damage. But, I do agree that maybe KI should add a Weakness or Guiding Light to all friends or all enemies when said spells are used.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Ra and Forest Lord. Hmm.

Well, just imagine a 8 pip spell that hits for only 770 damage. Single target, while at it.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
mman17 wrote:
sunsword44 wrote:

Sorry, but no. Balance and Life are just, well, supposed to do lower damage. But, I do agree that maybe KI should add a Weakness or Guiding Light to all friends or all enemies when said spells are used.

There is a post by Professor Greyrose that said BAlance should hit medium damage and life should hit low damage. This doesn't mean massively lower than everything else. Dude, I'm talking 50-100 damage higher here, not a bajillion damage and stun and weakness to all.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Ra and Forest Lord. Hmm.

Well, just imagine a 8 pip spell that hits for only 770 damage. Single target, while at it.

Yeah, Medusa. Myth hits 70 above Orthrus. It stuns for 2 rounds, which can easily be avoided by a stun block!

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
Um i must disagree with that. In case you completely forgot but there is on shield that can stop balance and people use them in pvp as treasures AND actual spells.BUT when they dont have the actual spell they buy as many TOWER SHIELDS as they can. I know there are a few people that play by the book (me and to of my friends) but i personally think treasures should be banned from pvp because too many people win with them. My one friend (i will not state his name) but he uses all treasures and he was lvl 12 and he is a warlord. And also people abuse the spell tower shield. i know for you people out there that are ice have that as a personal spell but you have more resistance than arena gear at lvl 58 so i dont think you should be able to use tower shield. You should have to use regular shields. A: because only one other school has 2 different shields and B: (i truly hate to say this but) you are, in my own opinion, being a coward if you abuse tower shield.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
sunsword44 wrote:
pyromaniac023 wrote:

So have I, I do it all the time. But I've seen Levi hit two million... even though its just to one guy, its still a lot more than a thousand to four enemies.
I did a efreet with over 2 million XD

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Ambrose122 wrote:
Um i must disagree with that. In case you completely forgot but there is on shield that can stop balance and people use them in pvp as treasures AND actual spells.BUT when they dont have the actual spell they buy as many TOWER SHIELDS as they can. I know there are a few people that play by the book (me and to of my friends) but i personally think treasures should be banned from pvp because too many people win with them. My one friend (i will not state his name) but he uses all treasures and he was lvl 12 and he is a warlord. And also people abuse the spell tower shield. i know for you people out there that are ice have that as a personal spell but you have more resistance than arena gear at lvl 58 so i dont think you should be able to use tower shield. You should have to use regular shields. A: because only one other school has 2 different shields and B: (i truly hate to say this but) you are, in my own opinion, being a coward if you abuse tower shield.

Some of us just don't like to use treasures all the time.