Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Healing cards for use on anyone

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 28, 2011
I think too many people create new characters to have a life student due to the healing cards that can be used on anyone. Now maybe life students should be the only ones with the unicorn spell (too bad it only gives 275 health, should be more like 350); but I think many would agree that the healing fairy/sprite cards should be able to be used on anyone, no matter what school you are. If i'm a myth student in a battle, i feel selfish only having healing cards for myself while others are dead around me.

The healing cards really need to have the option to use on any player, not just self only, for any school. PLEASE!

Thank you :-D

Delver
May 26, 2009
TarynHeart wrote:
I think too many people create new characters to have a life student due to the healing cards that can be used on anyone. Now maybe life students should be the only ones with the unicorn spell (too bad it only gives 275 health, should be more like 350); but I think many would agree that the healing fairy/sprite cards should be able to be used on anyone, no matter what school you are. If i'm a myth student in a battle, i feel selfish only having healing cards for myself while others are dead around me.

The healing cards really need to have the option to use on any player, not just self only, for any school. PLEASE!

One option is to have life as your second school. You can train life up to level 26 and obtain Sprite, Absorb, and Satyr in the process. There are also amulets for Sprite, Absorb, and Satyr, and pets that give these cards and Fairy.

Sure, our Pixie card is only for ourselves, but there are other ways to heal friends in battle.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I usually go to the library and buy heal other treasure cards in case I need them. As you rarely need treasure cards, you can have your sideboard filled with them to call upon as needed.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
there are healing cards you can by in the bazaar for others.

to have treasure cards of this sort in your deck
says mountains about you and your wizard

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Helping hands is a balance spell you can train and then cast on others. You could also train in the Life school for secondary spells. Of course, you could also purchase treasure card heals to use on other players. And there is crowns gear that gives dryad, satyr, helping hands, etc. There are plenty of ways that non-theurgists can share heals with teammates.

Otherwise, IMHO, things are as they should be. Theurgists specialize in healing teammates. We would be very unhappy to have our special talent spoiled for us.

Iridian, Legendary Theurgist

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
You can also go to the Bazaar and buy a necklace with a healing card on it. They can be used by anyone.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Oops... just had another thought...

You can watch for the gift card offers each month. Sometimes the gift cards come with a pet that has a Dryad healing card on it.

They can also be used by anyone.

I have both the necklaces and the pets with Dryad cards for my non-life wizards.

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
Thank you all sooo much for this feedback. I had no idea about all the stuff available to non life students to help them heal others. I will definitely check into every option mentioned here! This makes me feel much better.

Hugs to all and blessed be!

Taryn

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
TarynHeart wrote:

I know the feeling about not being able to heal others. All of my wizards have life as secondary. But you also have to remember, ALL wizards get the same healing pixie from the beginning. You can't be responsible if they choose not to load them. Too many times in battle, I have seen wizards say "I need Healing". If my life wizard is in battle with them I will heal them, but that is not always the case.

And as has already been posted, there are many options to this issue, but be sure you don't die yourself trying to keep another one from it. If need be they can port out and use a potion then port back in. There are only a few areas in the game that you can't do this. The main one is the Warehouse in Marleybone. If you have to port out to heal, you have to run all the way back to your friends as quick as possible you can't port back.

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
queenlybluebean wrote:
Helping hands is a balance spell you can train and then cast on others. You could also train in the Life school for secondary spells. Of course, you could also purchase treasure card heals to use on other players. And there is crowns gear that gives dryad, satyr, helping hands, etc. There are plenty of ways that non-theurgists can share heals with teammates.

Otherwise, IMHO, things are as they should be. Theurgists specialize in healing teammates. We would be very unhappy to have our special talent spoiled for us.

Please tell me where to find the balance helping hands spell? it isnt on the list of spells from the balance teacher or from some tree in krok.

And I havent seen the crown gear with dryad, satyr or helping hands. Where do I find this?

Thanks so much.
Taryn

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
TarynHeart wrote:
Please tell me where to find the balance helping hands spell? it isnt on the list of spells from the balance teacher or from some tree in krok.

And I havent seen the crown gear with dryad, satyr or helping hands. Where do I find this?

Helping hands is a spell gift at the end of the Krokosphinx.
Satyr crown item is in MB
Dryad crown item in MS
I think the Helping Hands Crown Item has been retired (I think????)

My best suggestion is to look at pets (March 2011):
Walgreens: Pixie
CVS: Regenrate
Rite Aid: Unicorn
Block Buster: Dryad

(You can also see what pets give what in future months)
Toy'r'us: Fairy

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
TarynHeart wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:

Thanks so much.
Taryn

According to the fansite at Wizard101Central.com (the Wiki section), you can get a robe with the Helping Hands item card for crowns from Stuart Goddard in Marleybone.

I found it on this link:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Item_Cards

There are a lot of things listed on there if you want to check it out.

As far as the Dryard spell, I only have it because it came with a pet when I bought a gift card. You would need to check the giftcards each month (if you have access to buy one), and watch for the Dryad spell to be offered. The card that comes with each pet changes each month.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
TarynHeart wrote:

Thanks so much.
Taryn

Hey Taryn,

I must correct myself regarding training Helping Hands. I don't think it is one of the trainable spells. Check with the balance teacher in the Krokopshinx to be sure.

You can purchase crowns gear that gives heal spells at the vendors or shops in all of the worlds of the Great Spiral. Visit the hat, robe, and boot vendors in every world to which you have access. Purchase crowns athames and rings to boost your incoming and outgoing heal. Additionally, you can purchase the Troll Ear pendant at the bazaar to get a charm that boosts your heals by 40%. It gives two charms per battle.

You can also purchase some heal spells from the treasure card vendors.

Crafting your gear is another option, if you don't want to spend a lot of crowns. It does take some time, but you can craft gear to boost primary and secondary school spells. For example, my pyromancer Scarlet Ravensong crafted level 55 gear to boost fire and life, including nice critical stats. I love to cast a critical heal on a friend in need!

My son, Pyromancer Hunter Skullthief, sometimes wears crowns hat, robe, and boots that give him Satyr, Dryad, and Helping Hands. He also trained Theurgy as his secondary school and uses the pendant to boost heals. His advice is to choose to fight or heal exclusively in each battle, and build a deck specifically for healing. He recommends that you purchase a ring and athame to boost power pip chance, and use your pips wisely so you will always have power to cast heals when necessary.

You know, Taryn, it's great that you want to help your friends in the game. A healing wizard is a special person in that s/he expresses compassion toward strangers and friends alike. I hope that you will consider training a Theurgist when you decide to start a new wizard.

Good healing to you!

Iridian Shadowweaver, Theurgist

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The Helping Hands spell can only be learned by Balance Wizards.

For non Life wizards, the first gold-purchasable amulet that provides a heal-others spell is at level 50. The three that I found are:

Level 56: Star Amulet (Satyr)
Level 52: Vial of Rebirth (Rebirth)
Level 50: Nellek's Regenerating Jewel (Regenerate)

Crowns heal-others equipment includes:

Level 5 Wizard City: Midsummer's Cowl (Hat): Sprite
Level 15 Krokotopia: Phantasmal Raiment (Robe): Spirit Armor
Level 25 Marleybone: Striders of the Verge (Shoes): Satyr
Level 25 Marleybone: Vestmant of Assistance (Robe): Helping Hands
Level 25: Marlyebone: Spectral Cowl (Hat): Spirit Armor
Level 35 Mooshu: Headgear of the Sylph (Hat): Dryad
Level 45 Dragonspyre: Wolverine's Helm (Hat): Regenerate

Celestia doesn't have Crowns equipment yet.

There are no Crowns items that give heal-others spells available from the Crowns Shop. That could change in the future.

From time to time, gift cards purchased from certain retailers or online gaming magazines will give heal-others spells. For example, a $10 gift card purchased from Game Stop and redeemed next month (during April) will give, in addition to the choice of either 5000 Crowns or a month's playing time, a pet that has a roughly half-strength version of the Unicorn spell card that heals each member for 140 points.

Gift cards provide the specified pet during the month redeemed, not the month purchased. You can find the gift cards and what they give each month here:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/giftcards

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
Thank you much for the additional feedback. I will check into each one as I can ( I currently have quests on Marlybone, but no spiral access...??? - I managed to find a fellow wizard who could get me there initially regarding a crafting quest, then I gained more quests but still havent gotten access for myself to get there lol)

I dont know if anyone can answer this one, but I noticed when purchasing healing sprite treasure cards from the bazaar in olde town (I believe they are cheaper than from the library) some of the bazaar guys cards have either a hat symbol or ring symbol on them... what does this mean? The sprite over time heal had 2 options I think, one with a hat, and one without, so not knowing what the difference is I purchased a few without the hat.

If anyone can explain the hat or ring symbol on the bazaar treasure spell cards I would be thankful. And finding the shops on other worlds is proving hard. Found one on marlybone by accident, and still cant find the castle shop seller on grizzleheim :(

Thanks everyone!

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
TarynHeart wrote:

I agree power pips should count toward fairy.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
TarynHeart wrote:

If anyone can explain the hat or ring symbol on the bazaar treasure spell cards I would be thankful. And finding the shops on other worlds is proving hard. Found one on marlybone by accident, and still cant find the castle shop seller on grizzleheim :(

Thanks everyone!

There are four varieties of Treasure cards. The latter three are Crowns pack cards as described below:

1) Generic. These are the regular cards that are dropped by enemies or crafted and sold. Their stats are generally a little better than the school's equivalent card is.

2) Marvelous Minions pack (Crowns Shop). These have the head/hat symbol on them

3) Eye of Bartleby pack (Crowns Shop). These have the ring symbol on them.

4) Hand of Doom (Crowns Shop). These have the tree/mushroom symbol on them.

The symboled sets are sometimes ---but not always---a little bit stronger than the generic treasure cards. The player is advised to check each card in the Bazaar. Enhancements are usually made by a 5% increased percentage of success, or sometimes by a lower power-pip cost.

As far as I know, all treasure cards that are sold in the packs can be bought and sold at the Bazaar. Some, however, are rarely in stock. For example, a Unicorn card is usually very hard to find.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
As an update, I bought the $10 Gamestop card and redeemed it today. In addition to the 5000 Crowns, I got the Brave Piggle (which the card will give if redeemed during April). The Piggle gives one Unicorn card per battle. The Unicorn is an improvement over older versions that only restored 140 health (and I don't know if KingsIsle changed this before now). The current Unicorn restores 315 health. It's useful for wizards who don't have a heal-others spell (i.e. Storm wizards who don't train Life).