Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan: How to Help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
I heard about it and it broke my heart . All those people in the raidation and without homes and in camps It's all to much! :?

MeganGriffinSword
Grandmaster Sorrcerer lvl 50

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
darkjohns wrote:
I heard that the earthquakes were record breakers?
Yes and now the coastline there is lower so high tides will have bad effects from now on wow this is not good news but we must all look ahead ok the brave people of j
Japan deserve to be treated with as much dignity as we can give them they can and will REBUILD!
make sure if you give the charity is a good one and will give the money to those in need.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2010
dear greyrose i would like if new stuff on wizard101 shop that some of the money goes to japan to help them out through tough times
and some new stuff would be plants, pets ,equipment pet food in wizard 101 rare pet food Celestia type of mega snack packs that cost a little bit more than regular mega snack packs and new house items.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
Paditi wrote:
My friend goes to school in the same class room with me and he's from Japan. He moved to the USA. I feel bad for his people. Curse you earthquakes. I hope god can do something about this. :-o

earthquakes are natrual... we can't stop them.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2008
bndbnd3434 wrote:
I fell sorry for the people that lived there. It was a 8.9 earthquake

They changed it to 9.0

Survivor
Dec 12, 2010
i heard it was upgraded to a 9.1 earthquake
it is so

Survivor
May 02, 2009
I would love to help but i barely have the money for a membership so :( i can't it really stinks i can't

Explorer
Jun 11, 2010
izzi250 wrote:
i woke up that morning to the tsunami warning for west coast (me) i've seen the before and after images, its not pretty practiclly everything is gone.
Yeah it was amazing. And their were warnings in southern California ( me ). Ha Ha. Anyways I was learing about ancient Japan in my history class and we watched some earthquake and tsunami videos of Japan. It was amaing, amazing as amazingly sad. I want to help!
- Josh Dragonbreeze LvL 52 Pyromancer

Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
it is truly a massive tragedy thsat the japanese people had to endure :(

i think that wizard101 should release some sort of in game promotion like with the meowmodon, and maybe a pet (pets seem to draw people in, see what happened with the pet rock?)

if you were going to make a promotional in game item, id like to make a suggestion:

name: rising sun ninja pig ( reason for the name: japan is known as the land of the rising sun, the colur scheme id reccomend is a white costume with red head band, red and white are the colours of the flag)

spell: any spell spell would do (EXEPT EARTHQUAKE! that would be a cruel and ironic joke!) spells i would suggest would be either phoenix (i think phoenix is in japanese mythology) or power nova (because the nova looks like the dot in the middle of the japanese flag, although power nova might be a bit over powered)

also i you could give people a badge for buying a charity item (e.g. donator)

i hope to help japan in anyway i can! :D

Survivor
Jan 27, 2011
Survivor
Apr 01, 2011
Thats wonderful Proffeser Greyrose! Wizard101 has helped Charitys too! Not only do I love this game, its very giving! For the win Wizard101! I hope we help Japan as much as we can.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
I fully agree with aiding Japan in what ever way we can, and if KI is willing to create a pet or a new mount as a way for all of us to help KI and support their efforts in aiding this new disaster relief of Japan and any of those truly devastated by that out come from the earthquake and the tsunami then I will be one of the first few to offer up any cash I have to purchase even more crowns and purchase as many new items that they do as a possible way to support the Japan in their time of need.

I know that the united states is helping as much as possible through the president yet I don't think thats going to be enough of an effort not even with the other games that I play will it be enough to aid in the mass support Japan will need. So here is another way that KI and their supporters can help, how about new clothing, let the community design something special and submit it as a way to create a revenue of support for Japan. Its just a thought but I think KI and their supporters will ultimately bring in the most aid for that lovely country.

So if anyone from KI is reading this I hope it helps them to make the right decision and allow us as their supporter, through KI to bring in aid for Japan. Not just the clothing, food or clean up crews that seems to be going on over there, but the real cash flow that will help them to create housing even if temporary for those who lost every little thing or everyone that was affected by the natural disaster. I for one would be willing to venture that the community that KI has as a group of supporters, including the children would benefit from such a project.

Thank you all for reading this post, have a wonderful year with plenty of goodness to share with those you love, and I pray that all of you have good pain free health.

Brianna ShadowFlame Legendary and grandmaster of crafting

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
chipper632 wrote:
The Earthquake moved Japan 8 in. closer to America and tilted the Earth's axis. I am doing a writing in class about it and will read it at some meeting thing i have to go to. Maybe it will make people take a stand. I think like 15% or more of all subscriptions should be going to Japan. We all need to take a lot of action in this. If we dont then by like 2035 Japan may still ne a mess (doubt but it could happen). My real life friend said they still still need help in summer, he and his family are going to fly over there and help them.

I am sure Japan is very, very, very, very, very, VERY happy that people have donated.

Luke DeathBlade GrandMaster Pyromancer.

ok i got to point a couple points out. 1, a 9.0 earthquake can't tilt the earth's axis it would take a magnitude 15.8 to move the earth's axis, maybe even more! and the highest earthquake in recorded history was a 9.5.

2. it's onlt going to take 5 years for japan to fully recover but now i doubt that cause the workers have already started covering up the leak from the japan's nuclear power plant at reactor #4.

hunter legendwraith level60 necroamncer

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
TROJAN250 wrote:
izzi250 wrote:
i woke up that morning to the tsunami warning for west coast (me) i've seen the before and after images, its not pretty practiclly everything is gone.
Yeah it was amazing. And their were warnings in southern California ( me ). Ha Ha. Anyways I was learing about ancient Japan in my history class and we watched some earthquake and tsunami videos of Japan. It was amaing, amazing as amazingly sad. I want to help!
- Josh Dragonbreeze LvL 52 Pyromancer

now i'm starting to think where is the next big earthquake gonna hit? plus ANOTHER earthquake hit asia in vietnam 7.0

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Why not create a giving tree like crowns item where the money gets donated to Japan. This would encourage some of the younger users to donate some money.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Why don't you guys at KI make a mount for Japannese charities like the Meowmodon mount? I'd like to see a Waverunner pet.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Funkii4710 wrote:
Yes, there are so many ways to help! Get out there and change someone's life for the better!

If you are still in school, ask your teacher to let the class raise money for japan, my class, Mrs Tones class 5th grade raised over $700 dollars for a sister philapine school that had very low supplies, over $454 for aghganistan, and pakistan for their schools, and $600 and counting for Japan, you should ask your teacher the day after you see this post, you wont beleive what 30 kids can do, you'll be suprised for sure even if your just bringing in $5 a week, please support the red cross if you do want to help! thank you, from wizard101, America, and Japan, i have many friends from japan, they were devestated, all of tokyo was destroyed. Please help support!

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
irishjonny wrote:
Blame myth school one of there students casted that blasted spell
HEY! We did nothing to cast that devestating disaster.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
Where I go, one of my friends asked the principal for a fundraiser for the earthquack and tsunami. The principal said it was a good idea, and now the whole school is doing it. ;-) i wish Japan hope... luck... anything.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Many young Wizards saw the news of the disaster in Japan, were devastated, and then wondered: how can we help?

Here's a roundup of ways that you can help those in need—with money or other donations, with time and energy, with volunteer hours, coding skills, or anything else that one could contribute.

http://www.good.is/post/earthquake-and-tsunami-in-japan-how-to-help/

I'm sure we will try our hardest to help them.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
Solstice64 wrote:
Why not create a giving tree like crowns item where the money gets donated to Japan. This would encourage some of the younger users to donate some money.

I think that idea is great. They should do it with subscribers, too.