Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do I get critical for my spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
I am level 52 and was wondering how you get the critical for your spells

Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
You can get critical rating from robes, shoes, hats, and the level 55 wands.
Hope I helped! :-)

Amber Dawnbreeze, Level 60 sorceress
"Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant. There is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks."

Survivor
Nov 01, 2010
go to the bazaar and starting looking for gear that you can use that has the Critical chance on it. it should be a little wand symbol. please note that if you boost your critical chance to say a 30 rating, that does NOT mean 30% chance. i'm not sure the math but for a 30, thats like a 10% chance or something. Criticals don't come all that often so don't expect Critical hits all that often. you'll be lucky to get one a fight. my critical rating is 100, and i'm LUCKY to get one per fight. i don't think i've ever gotten 2 in one fight.

i'd focus on Power Pip %, Damage Boost, and Hit Points on gear if i were you at level 52, Critical chance really isn't worth it unless you are 55+ so you can add the +30 critical rating you get with the level 55 wand. it just doesn't happen often enough to worry about it.

sure is nice when it goes off though. lol.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Homey53 wrote:
You have to wear something that has critcal on it.

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
it is included in the new gear drops, dont worry you will get some soon.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
Homey53 wrote:
You should look for gear in the bazaar, some Celestial gear will boost your critical rating. You can't control when you get a critical, though.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
When you do get some gear (robe, hat, shoes) with critical rating and block rating, you can go your to "character" screen (press "c"), and you will see the numbers for critical rating and block rating. But as Holinyx05 said above, that "number" is not the percentage.

If you slide your cursor over the numbers, it shows the "percentage" and where that amount came from (like you hat, or whatever).

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Homey53 wrote:

Hi,

Don't bother with critical gear until level 54. You won't get enough critical boost from level 52 gear to help, and you will lose health, resist, and power pip chance in trade for a smidgen of critical possibility. Right now, attend to boosting your existing spell power, and protecting yourself in the early rounds of battles.

I keep my level 50 hat, robe, and boots until level 55, and craft or purchase good athames and rings to augment my performance along the way. At level 55, I craft hat and robe, and boots. I usually don't bother with level 56 and 58 gear, except for athames and rings, and, of course, level 55 wands.

The best gear is not in the bazaar, it is in the Celestia Base Camp. Better yet, craft the very best gear in the game!

Best of Questing Wishes to You,

Iridian, Scarlet, Rowan

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Homey53 wrote:

If you visited Diego before you went to Celestia, then you got the Viscious Helm which does give some Critical. It is not much but it is a start. If you are not wearing it because you don't like the look, just have it stitched to a look you do like.

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
Delver
Apr 02, 2010
You might want to hold on to your "Grand Gear" for the Level 58 quest, since the "Grand Gear" had quite a bit of resist for your school. Not sure if this applies to Balance. I used my Grand Gear and Wraith with Death Resist for the Level 58 quest, really helps against the boss.

The Level 55 crafted clothes have great critical rating but no self-school resist, and no power pips.