Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I am confused

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
I dont know how to upgrade on pvp currently i am private ranked and i would like to know what i need to do to rank up.Do i have to have my wins out numeber ny losses or what? Plz tell me how
Thank you
Quinn Mistwhisper lvl 60 Balance

Defender
May 25, 2009
Ok, answers to your questions:
1. You upgrade by winning RANKED matches. That's the scroll on the left. You cant only enter a Ranked Match if you are a subscriber (which you are) or you have the 85 Crowns to pay per match.
2. You dont have to have wins outnumber loses. I ave more loses than wins, and i'm currently Knight rank. I defeated people a higher rank than me which means gaining more points.
If you have any more questions I would be glad to answer.
Anthony Ghosthunter, Legendary Theurgist

Explorer
Jul 15, 2009
You have to win a certain amount of ranked matches. If you win a lot, then you will rank more easily, if you lose a lot, then you will lose points, or you could possibly lose a rank. Say if you were corpral and you lost some points, now your private.

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
if you look at your character pvp sheet in your spell book, you will notice a symbol and a number. that number are your pvp points. each player starts with 4000 i belive, and to get to the next rank, you have to keep earning points till you get to the next lvl. points are earned by victorys, and points are lost with losses. it might sound complicated, but it is not that hard.

oh and i forgot to mention, you only get points from RANKED matches.

Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
crystalfiod2 wrote:
How many points do i get form wins and losses?

When I win a pvp match, i get 14 tickets. I am not sure if its different for everyone though....

Amber Dawnbreeze, Level 60 Sorceress
"Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant. There is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks."

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
crystalfiod2 wrote:
How many points do i get form wins and losses?
Depends on the fairness of the battle. You face someone double your rank and level and win, you'll get more points than if you beat someone your level and rank.