Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

off school cards and treasure cards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2010
why is it that my off school cards and my treasure cards are not seeing my power pips? whenever I have my treasure cards and my death school show up in my deck it sometimes takes up to double the amount of pips needed if I have nothing but power pips at my feet. do these cards ignore the power pips since they are not my primary school? if that is the case I feel cheated when using those cards. and I have lost a fight or two because I have to pass so many times just to use these cards. can this be fixed or is that the way it is set up to work? One other thing when I started using my life to death prism cards I could set a life blade then set a life trap then I would set up a life to death prism and launch an attack. it would take the blade then the trap then the prism ignoring death shields and do its damage. now it ignores my life trap all toghether and takes the -80 death shield instead. how is this suppose to work the one way or the other? Lastly if i have 4 power pips and cast meteor shower why does it take all my pips instead of leaving me with 4 regular pips?

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
darkfalcone wrote:
why is it that my off school cards and my treasure cards are not seeing my power pips? whenever I have my treasure cards and my death school show up in my deck it sometimes takes up to double the amount of pips needed if I have nothing but power pips at my feet. do these cards ignore the power pips since they are not my primary school? if that is the case I feel cheated when using those cards. and I have lost a fight or two because I have to pass so many times just to use these cards. can this be fixed or is that the way it is set up to work? One other thing when I started using my life to death prism cards I could set a life blade then set a life trap then I would set up a life to death prism and launch an attack. it would take the blade then the trap then the prism ignoring death shields and do its damage. now it ignores my life trap all toghether and takes the -80 death shield instead. how is this suppose to work the one way or the other? Lastly if i have 4 power pips and cast meteor shower why does it take all my pips instead of leaving me with 4 regular pips?

Quote from “How to Play – Deck Strategy” - Wizard Handbook (click on the Player Guide at the top of this page)

PIPs
Players receive a PIP each turn of the duel. PIPs are represented by small white dots along the front inside arc of the sigil that the player is standing in. If the PIP is a Power PIP, it should be glowing brighter and yellow.
Power PIPs count as TWO PIPS towards spells in your main school of focus.
Players are eligible to receive Power PIPs after level 10. You can increase your chance of receiving Power PIPS with certain clothing and jewelry.

Spells require a certain number of PIPs before they can be cast. Some spells have a PIP requirement that is represented by an X. This means that the spell will be more powerful of you have more PIPs when you cast it.

When you cast a spell that is outside of your main school, power pips are seen as regular pips and therefore you need the required amount of regular pips to cast the spell. Only your main school sees power pips as power pips.

This is the way that the game has been set up and is played. There are times when it is not to your benefit to use spells from other schools, because of the increase use of pips for casting.

You need to set your prism before your opponent sets its ward (shield). Suggestion: set prism and then set your blades and traps.

The meteor shower spell is outside of your main school and sees the power pips as regular pips and therefore uses all of them.

Hope this helped

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
darkfalcone wrote:

Power pips only apply to your primary school. And even at that, if you have one power pip, your primary is death, and you cast a one pip death spell, you will use that entire power pip for it because it will not split the difference with you. That is the primary reason you don't see a lot of high levels cast very many out of class spells unless they are 2 pips or less, with the notable exception of healing spells.