Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Noob or grandmaster

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
DaddyMichael wrote:
I'm happy to help people, although I must say I don't enjoy the menu system that basically makes me feel like I'm being ordered around, as in "Teleport to Me" - no "Please?".

Helping people doesn't mean letting them port where they want. It deprives them of working their way through the game in the normal order. Yes, you have to do without that minion until you can get to the appropriate world. Deal with it. But if you need my help in one of your battles that was not meant to be done solo, you've got it.

I don't like wandering around MB seeing level 13 players. Odds are, they won't get my help. I don't like hyperlevelers.

I agree DaddyMichael. I don't mind helping lower level wizards (and I don't call them Noobs) and I do have some on my friends list. But I won't let them port to me in an area they have not earned. All of my wizards have worked their way through and a lot of it has been solo. Most of my friends are not on till later in the evening and since I am retired I solo. I have seen wizards as low as 23 in Celestia, and I don't help them try to level when they do that. If they want to go back to where they should be and me help them, then I will be glad to do it.

I have 2 legendaries, a grand, a master, and 2 magus wizards. None of my wizards brag about helping others. It is fun to help and more rewarding for me and for them if they play the game in the order it has been set to run. Hyperleveling as you call it, takes away a lot of the fun. If your wizard has not died a few times then there is something wrong. All of mine have died several times and when they do I change tactics until I get my wizards through. It takes time and skill to get your decks to the point they work for you. If you hyperlevel, then you are defeating yourself. Granted you will get that next spell faster, and be able to defeat that boss easier, but then where is the fun? If you die trying even when playing with friends, you learn to adjust your deck to work for you, not against you.

Again, I am more than happy to help any player, just please don't ask me to take you to an area you have not earned.

Fallon WinterLeaf
Legendary Theurgist
Legendary Pyromancer

Fallon WinterGarden
Grand Master Balance lvl 52

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I normally dont have a problem helping them
I helped one last night get Jade Oni's Vestment
The only thing that will bug me about them is if they use their wand on my feint and dont apoligize and port to me when i at pylons or chancel.I am in a bad mood when it comes to lower people porting into pylons just takes up room in battles and theres like 6-20 people there or getting free levels off chancel since i dont want to ruin their game experience.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
It's not right to call anyone a noob. People who use the excuse that they call people a noob because they were called a noob. Are just looking for a reason. When I was a lower level wizard I was called a noob a lot. I remember one time i needed help with a dungeon not because of the bad guys but because i had no idea how to open a door. I was still new and didnt know it was apuzzle thing. I went to ask for help and a lot of people turn there nose up at me.

Now I am a Legendary and I hang out in the commons watching for someone to ask for help. I wait and see if someone will help them or call them a noob. If they get called a noob i jump in and say i will help and your not a noob.

The only thing That I dont like is when i help someone level up they sometimes decide its ok to make a new wizard and want me to help that one. Then they want to do it again. I have had this happen so many times. That it gets to where I have to delete the person. Also delete new people after i finish helping them.

If someone helps you dont abuse that help. There are other people who need help too. I dont mind to help people. No matter the level. Also one last thing I would like to add. There have been a few times where i was helping a lower level person with a quest and i get pulled into battle with someone else. Then this person decides to tell me " Your nothing but a high level show off!" Well Thats not right either. Lower level people need to stop and think before they go to judge someone too. I would like to add I put these people in there place and let them know I helping someone. Anyway my point is be nice there is no reason to be mean to anyone.

Heather Icewispher

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
DaddyMichael wrote:
I'm happy to help people, although I must say I don't enjoy the menu system that basically makes me feel like I'm being ordered around, as in "Teleport to Me" - no "Please?".

Helping people doesn't mean letting them port where they want. It deprives them of working their way through the game in the normal order. Yes, you have to do without that minion until you can get to the appropriate world. Deal with it. But if you need my help in one of your battles that was not meant to be done solo, you've got it.

I don't like wandering around MB seeing level 13 players. Odds are, they won't get my help. I don't like hyperlevelers.

I agree DaddyMichael. I don't mind helping lower level wizards (and I don't call them Noobs) and I do have some on my friends list. But I won't let them port to me in an area they have not earned. All of my wizards have worked their way through and a lot of it has been solo. Most of my friends are not on till later in the evening and since I am retired I solo. I have seen wizards as low as 23 in Celestia, and I don't help them try to level when they do that. If they want to go back to where they should be and me help them, then I will be glad to do it.

I have 2 legendaries, a grand, a master, and 2 magus wizards. None of my wizards brag about helping others. It is fun to help and more rewarding for me and for them if they play the game in the order it has been set to run. Hyperleveling as you call it, takes away a lot of the fun. If your wizard has not died a few times then there is something wrong. All of mine have died several times and when they do I change tactics until I get my wizards through. It takes time and skill to get your decks to the point they work for you. If you hyperlevel, then you are defeating yourself. Granted you will get that next spell faster, and be able to defeat that boss easier, but then where is the fun? If you die trying even when playing with friends, you learn to adjust your deck to work for you, not against you.

Again, I am more than happy to help any player, just please don't ask me to take you to an area you have not earned.

Fallon WinterLeaf
Legendary Theurgist
Legendary Pyromancer

Fallon WinterGarden
Grand Master Balance lvl 52

Exactly. Lol everyone read this post and just go home happy xD

Survivor
Jan 30, 2011
I understand wanting wizards to progress normally. However, try as I might I still find my 6 year-old porting up-world. He's taking piano and guitar lessons and when he graduated to a new lesson book his first thought was to try playing the last lesson to see how hard it was. It's human nature to want to see what's over the next hill and the younger they are the more curious. Also, the really young on here don't know that they are being rude when porting in on people in certain locations. When it happens keep in mind it my be a very little person taking a look around with wide-open eyes. :P

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
I dont help people below the level 35.Because they spam port and call you names and be rude.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
well personally, i normally help wizards who need it, at least sometimes. but there are some problems. one time i ported to a friend in the commons. he was trying to get away from an apprentice who needed help. i decided to jump in and offered the low lvl (who didnt have text chat, btw) some help. he agreed with enthusiasm and asked me to follow him. i did. all the way through firecat alley right into, i think it was melweena smite's tower. the battle didnt last long xD. but the low lvl didnt even say thx. he just ran out of the tower. i went out after him to prompt him to say ty, but by the time i got out he was gone (surprising since he didnt wear a mount, he must've ported to commons lol) my advice is to help when you feel like it, remove people who try and get you to be their servant, like always asking you to port every to seconds, and as for low lvl porting, if you dont want low lvls i cl, just keep ports off.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
My friend Cody (it's just cody) was in cl doing his quests and i was doing mine. He told me to port and help. So i say, "Hey! Why do you think i would be of any help?" I ended up having to port. Cody was a grand. lol. I was shocked having to help a GRANDMASTER LIFE. (Turns out he was fighting life guys but whatev.)

Chase Nightbreath level 35 magus pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
Well i always used to be nice to all lower levels...until!

One day i was doing the biggest damage i could ever do...some friends ported all higher level and decided to help...so it all went well...

UNTIL! one low level noob ported and used a WAND TAP! ruined my half hour's work with a darn tap! can you imagine how mad i was??? ever since then...i let the noobs fend for themselves -.- dont blame me, i tried being nice...i dont pity those who cross me, sorry lol

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
EliteKen wrote:
Well i always used to be nice to all lower levels...until!

One day i was doing the biggest damage i could ever do...some friends ported all higher level and decided to help...so it all went well...

UNTIL! one low level noob ported and used a WAND TAP! ruined my half hour's work with a darn tap! can you imagine how mad i was??? ever since then...i let the noobs fend for themselves -.- dont blame me, i tried being nice...i dont pity those who cross me, sorry lol
Meh wow but yes noobs can be annoying.Lots of times before i have a noob on my friends they yell port and cuss me out so i report them.But know i dont friend anyone below level 35.