Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Noob or grandmaster

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 26, 2010
Ok so i have seen mean grands saying noobs port and blah blah blah. I am a nice grand and dont complain.now remember when you were a noob. You ported too right? And for all you lower lvls, grands do it too. I have seen grands asking people ti take them somewhere to get a spell or mander. Now i just love gelping noobs. And if you agree post.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
I only help noobs, higher level wizards tend to be too full of themselves sometimes, not always, but a lot of higher level wizards only want your help to advance in levels, and never help in return, i have found that helping a noob, is like money in the bank when you need help in the future, noobs are more than likely to help you out in a jam, faster than a grand

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
i totally agree. I have no problem w/ lower level wizards teleporting to me. we were all a low level at one point and i remember that i liked teleporting to my higher wizard friends. i was curious and i wanted to see what the other worlds were like so i understand what the lower levels feel.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
crazyguy20 wrote:
Ok so i have seen mean grands saying noobs port and blah blah blah. I am a nice grand and dont complain.now remember when you were a noob. You ported too right? And for all you lower lvls, grands do it too. I have seen grands asking people ti take them somewhere to get a spell or mander. Now i just love gelping noobs. And if you agree post.

I completely agree. More people need to remember that manners and general amity can exist online. We all started at the same level, and we all have at least a few common interests. (the game, for instance?) If you don't like "noobs", why do you spend soooo much time in the commons in close vicinity to them?!? That, and there is a way to turn your teleports off.

"Noobs porting"= "I'm bored and I want to complain instead of turning off ports"

Taryn Dragonsong
Legendary Sorcerer (who, just like everyone else, started at level one)

Survivor
May 13, 2010
sunsword44 wrote:
crazyguy20 wrote:

I completely agree. More people need to remember that manners and general amity can exist online. We all started at the same level, and we all have at least a few common interests. (the game, for instance?) If you don't like "noobs", why do you spend soooo much time in the commons in close vicinity to them?!? That, and there is a way to turn your teleports off.

"Noobs porting"= "I'm bored and I want to complain instead of turning off ports"

Taryn Dragonsong

I agree. Quit complaining about lower level players. I dont mind helping the lower level players go somewhere and helping them fight bosses. I agree with sunsword44, If you dont want to be around low levels then stay out of the commons. I get bored so I go to the commons and offer to help anyone who has has a problem with a quest or boss.

Defender
May 17, 2009
Christie67 wrote:
sunsword44 wrote:
crazyguy20 wrote:

Taryn Dragonsong

I agree. Quit complaining about lower level players. I dont mind helping the lower level players go somewhere and helping them fight bosses. I agree with sunsword44, If you dont want to be around low levels then stay out of the commons. I get bored so I go to the commons and offer to help anyone who has has a problem with a quest or boss.

Stay out of the commons? Really? Apparently you haven't noticed the low levels being in worlds they shouldn't.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
i totally agree with being a nice grand. I have a grand character and i love love love helping noobs. Its just something you should do. Do something nice in your day!

If a noob wants help, I'll take them in, kinda like an apprentice. :-) One day, that noob will be a grand. Give them a good experience. make them be nice to noobs too.

-Cath

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
Survivor
May 03, 2010
sunsword44 wrote:
crazyguy20 wrote:

Taryn Dragonsong

Yeah It's so annoying how people insist on making other people feel bad. They spend SOOO much time complaining about other people when they should be minding their own business.

Survivor
May 03, 2010
Cathrine87 wrote:
i totally agree with being a nice grand. I have a grand character and i love love love helping noobs. Its just something you should do. Do something nice in your day!

If a noob wants help, I'll take them in, kinda like an apprentice. :-) One day, that noob will be a grand. Give them a good experience. make them be nice to noobs too.

-Cath

I hope you realize that a noob isn't a low-leveled person, but rather someone who makes mistakes and often don't know what they're doing.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
The word "noob" also seems to be game-slang for "dork". As in, "I'm such a noob!"

Survivor
Oct 06, 2009
Yes,yes,yes. Thank you for bringing this up. I port to my grandmaster, last I checked, friend. she on the other hand is totally fine with it. However, when I was weaker, (non-subscriber,level 5-10) I had a friend named Quin, whether he still plays I know not, but whenever I ported to him he was just this mean JERK! We were only friends because I needed help on a Cyclops Lane quest, to defeat Eyus Maximus, I believe. now I am level 27 and am taking on Marleybone, and, yes am still porting to my friends.

Benjamin Thundersword who, yes, did start at level one, unlike these grandmasters seem to have.

Explorer
May 26, 2010
metalcan09 wrote:
Okay, but could you clarify the: "i love gelping noobs!"
Sry meant helping

Explorer
May 26, 2010
Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
lawvice wrote:
Yes,yes,yes. Thank you for bringing this up. I port to my grandmaster, last I checked, friend. she on the other hand is totally fine with it. However, when I was weaker, (non-subscriber,level 5-10) I had a friend named Quin, whether he still plays I know not, but whenever I ported to him he was just this mean JERK! We were only friends because I needed help on a Cyclops Lane quest, to defeat Eyus Maximus, I believe. now I am level 27 and am taking on Marleybone, and, yes am still porting to my friends.

Benjamin Thundersword who, yes, did start at level one, unlike these grandmasters seem to have.

Hahaha dude I agree
People always leave me thinking "So what, you somehow magically skipped the first 20 levels?!?!"
Taryn

Explorer
Apr 17, 2010
Yep, its great to help them because if you are a higher level and go to a lower level world like krok and MB sometimes mooshu.. You could get them thorough a quest in a breeze and that means they could get to a higher level faster then they could with lower levels ( Please dont take any offense, this is an ok thing) :) Yea i can see why you dont help upper levels ( Please upper levels dont take offense this is great to knwo that you dont need help cause you can also help the lower levels)... Anyhow have fun and enjoy

Alexandria
lvl 53 Ice

Survivor
Oct 21, 2010
I hate it when there is a group or just one person, of legendaries or grandmasters and thay go around calling anybody a lower lvl then them a noob. I used to have a legendary friend who always called me pathetic and a noob and I am lvl 53 which is only 7 levels lower then him! I deleted him and told him to be nice to people. I also hate it when legendaries are full of themselves and start saying " I'm the one who did all the work " or " I could of killed them by myself but then you HAD to teleport." Some people act like they have been legendaries the whole time they have been on Wizard101. I remember when i was a noob and always liked talking to my higher lvled friends and i liked porting to them to see the world they were in. I seriously think that all those mean grandmasters and legendaries should think of the time when they were noobs and always were curious about what there high lvl friends were doing. ( Not saying all grandmasters and legendaries are mean like that, only a few are, they should really change their ways too! )
-Julia SparkleFlower
- Grandmaster 53 Diviner
(hopefully some high lvls change their ways lol my first post :D )

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
iJulia wrote:
I hate it when there is a group or just one person, of legendaries or grandmasters and thay go around calling anybody a lower lvl then them a noob. I used to have a legendary friend who always called me pathetic and a noob and I am lvl 53 which is only 7 levels lower then him! I deleted him and told him to be nice to people. I also hate it when legendaries are full of themselves and start saying " I'm the one who did all the work " or " I could of killed them by myself but then you HAD to teleport." Some people act like they have been legendaries the whole time they have been on Wizard101. I remember when i was a noob and always liked talking to my higher lvled friends and i liked porting to them to see the world they were in. I seriously think that all those mean grandmasters and legendaries should think of the time when they were noobs and always were curious about what there high lvl friends were doing. ( Not saying all grandmasters and legendaries are mean like that, only a few are, they should really change their ways too! )
-Julia SparkleFlower
- Grandmaster 53 Diviner
(hopefully some high lvls change their ways lol my first post :D )

O.o when did 53 become noob? Dude there is really only one spell difference, whats the point? Key example, my YOUNGER brother has been able to seriously pwn some legendary people in pvp since lvl 49 (including me 40% of the time, lol I'm so proud :D ). Level makes no difference whether or not you're a noob. Skill does. Legendary people who sit around calling people noobs... now thats a noob.

Taryn Dragonsong
Legendary (like it matters that much) Sorcerer

Survivor
May 03, 2009
wolfbone7 wrote:
Cathrine87 wrote:

-Cath

I hope you realize that a noob isn't a low-leveled person, but rather someone who makes mistakes and often don't know what they're doing.

I know. Noob stands for Newbie though. It can go both ways.

Explorer
Sep 20, 2009
I side with the grandmasters but I solved my problem. I hardly have any friends (I fight solo) and go on at 5:00 every mourning so i don't see anyone. As for the legendaries, they are like most of the kids in my town. They think they're better than everyone else and when they do a nice thing its only so they can brag to their friends.
The people on this game have been less and less fun since I joined last year. Overall, this game has been less of a "family game" and more of a "big-time-gamer" game.

Ben D.
Lv 52 necromancer
P.S. complaining won't do any good.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Well, there's more thanone side to every arguement. Like, the reason that Grandmasters and Legendaries like to brag most of the time is because of the hard work they put into getting there. Since they got their by theirselves and with their friends, they don't like lower levels running around in "their" worlds, as they are afraid they will lose their sense of power. This was no problem for me when i started. All of my friends were non-subscribers. WE did the same quests, making it easier on us all, so I never had anyone to port to. Then, i just made friends with people on the same quest I was, I never tried to skip ahead, I just did my quests with my fellow wizards.

Jason- Lvl 60 Necromancer
Taylor Lifebringer-Lvl 60 Life

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
ambybob wrote:
I side with the grandmasters but I solved my problem. I hardly have any friends (I fight solo) and go on at 5:00 every mourning so i don't see anyone. As for the legendaries, they are like most of the kids in my town. They think they're better than everyone else and when they do a nice thing its only so they can brag to their friends.
The people on this game have been less and less fun since I joined last year. Overall, this game has been less of a "family game" and more of a "big-time-gamer" game.

Ben D.
Lv 52 necromancer
P.S. complaining won't do any good.

Not all of us help for "bragging rights".
I like to help people simply because it's a nice thing to do, and I remember how much I would have loved help with some of the things they want help with. I agree, there at a lot of stuck up people, but lets not generalize.
Taryn

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
Um on a stance where you help the noob, I go to lower worlds to help my children get by, and "noobs" ask why aren't you in celestia? This word turns yellow in open, but other rpg allow the word. The word is CHOOB, this means a high level acting like a low lvl, "a noob". So I ask, Can a legendary/Grandmaster be considered a noob, if you called s/he a choob? Here is a point, is it worse to be a noob, or a person that just got beat by a noob?

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Turbofreak wrote:
Um on a stance where you help the noob, I go to lower worlds to help my children get by, and "noobs" ask why aren't you in celestia? This word turns yellow in open, but other rpg allow the word. The word is CHOOB, this means a high level acting like a low lvl, "a noob". So I ask, Can a legendary/Grandmaster be considered a noob, if you called s/he a choob? Here is a point, is it worse to be a noob, or a person that just got beat by a noob?

If the person got beat by a "noob", the person beaten is the noob, not the person who beat them....?

A level in a game is something easily obtained by most anyone.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I'm happy to help people, although I must say I don't enjoy the menu system that basically makes me feel like I'm being ordered around, as in "Teleport to Me" - no "Please?".

Helping people doesn't mean letting them port where they want. It deprives them of working their way through the game in the normal order. Yes, you have to do without that minion until you can get to the appropriate world. Deal with it. But if you need my help in one of your battles that was not meant to be done solo, you've got it.

I don't like wandering around MB seeing level 13 players. Odds are, they won't get my help. I don't like hyperlevelers.