Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Neutral Mode for battles-Please read!!!

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Ever hated getting stuck in fights??? Well, here's a solution, KI! Create a mode where you can safely walk through any enemy. It would be in your Options menu. I, for one, HATE getting stuck. Places like GH without any sidewalks could use this. Come on, KI, get a Neutral Mode.

Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
mman17 wrote:
Ever hated getting stuck in fights??? Well, here's a solution, KI! Create a mode where you can safely walk through any enemy. It would be in your Options menu. I, for one, HATE getting stuck. Places like GH without any sidewalks could use this. Come on, KI, get a Neutral Mode.
I tottaly agree dude this is an issue

Survivor
Feb 24, 2011
mman17 wrote:

Its been a subject brought up constantly - Dont worry, Your not alone...

Getting stuck in useless/time wasting battles is completely driving the fun factor from this game in higher lvls..

I for one have been close to canceling my subscription - Just due to how frustrating it is, to be "Sucked" from like 10-15ft away from an enemy, straight into a battle.

Its becoming dull and repetitive - But tbh....I dontthink KI are interested.

Explorer
Aug 18, 2010
i LOVE this idea but the only thing i see wrong is that (no offense) idiots turning off fighting and then forgetting but it and not being able to quest and then they come here and spam the forums on why they cant go into battles.........like i said no offense but its true

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
I also agree. I'm not sure what the best idea would be, but I do know there are times where I'm trying to complete a quest or trying to get to a distant location. I don't always have a lot of time to play and want to get something done. If I end up in a battle, especially the higher levels, it throws all my plans off. Fleeing is not always the best option either.
Anyway, it would be a nice option, especially for us older gamers who are trying to complete a quick quest before work. lol

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
I disagree. I think if they did that worlds would be completed too fast.
Sean Dragonflame Level 56 Sorcerer

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
we have to have this idea my dad recently made a wizard on my account and he was in unicorn way going to talk to lady oriel and when he got next to the door he got pulled into a fight with a skeletal pirate like back near the place where that life wizard is at that is a major glitch so we need this idea

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
No just no.That would take out all difficulty of the worlds besides bosses...

EVERYONE hates getting stuck.Just deal with it like the rest of us do...

that sounded mean lol sorry i'm just trying to let you know this idea is bad

Ethan DarkHeart Level 35 Magus Life Wizard

Survivor
Oct 29, 2010
NO NO NO This is the reason why so many boses in celestia no longer cheat and also the reason why its becoming too easy to pass through the game. If you dont want to be in the fight then flee. Being pulled by other creatures in my opinion makes the game funnier. If you cant handle a unexpected battle then learn to move around the creatures.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2010
supered10 wrote:

Totally agree. The game is already to easy to get through and this would get rid of alot of fun. I think players should just learn to deal with creatures pulling them in.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I think those "useless" battles are actually rather useful. You get drops and gold, and if you haven't got to Legendary yet, you get XP. And if you're playing the game, obviously you have time on your hands (like myself) and what else are you going to do with your time on the game? Doesn't reagent hunting get dull after a while? Battles can break up the monotony of the day.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
I definitely agree with this guy, getting stuck is always such a major pain, especially in marleybone. Sadly, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Genius, I agree with this 100%, It makes since. Like, if your on an elixir or trying to hurry and finish something, and you get caught in a battle, it really catches you i a bad mood, like me lol

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
I believe KI is TRYING to address this. The last "red" update gave us some changes in Krok, Celestia, and Dragonspyre that most of us don't notice. The wooden crates, silver chests, and other in game path blockers ... are being placed such that you can travel behind them rather than having to skip off the protected path temporarily and most likely into an enemy's clutches.

It helps, but it is not enough, still got pulled into a fight where I had been standing in place, against a wall laugh out loud, waiting to "fish out" the last mob in the conga line for a 1-1 few rounds. A half dozen mobs passed by - there was a lag where everything froze a bit, and when the lag unlocked, the next mob(NOT the one I wanted) drew me in. Sigh.

I ENJOY dodging mobs to get reagents. I ENJOY dodging mobs to single out the fight I want to fight. I do NOT want to lose that aspect of the game.

But I do NOT enjoy losing my friends enroute to a group target because the hardware cannot handle the workload and is lagging. I do NOT enjoy being sucked into a fight three blocks back because the client and server has lost synch. I also do NOT enjoy standing next to one of Zeke's "find 'em's" ... for 15-20 seconds before getting credit for it, or a similar wait before getting an "x" to harvest a reagent drop.

This is NOT a complaint. These inconveniences are the price you pay to play mmorpg's, it is the cost of doing business in a shared resource environment. Heavily used stuff - lags.

I support a "no combat" travel key, ALT+WASD for example, because it enables us to SHARE the resources more effectively.

People that are moving do NOT need to see the conga lines of mobs. People that are moving do NOT need to see the details of a combat dias, just a lit one to see if they want to stop. People that are traveling do NOT need to see the blowing leaves, floating air bubbles, reagent drops, and other frolicking fauna and foliage animations that CAUSE most of the lag when stuff gets stressed. People that CHOOSE to move this way, can be taken from the game as if they were teleporting, changing realms, or entering or leaving a new cell or zone. They can be disconnected from the server until the client has determined they have reached where they want to go and wish to reconnect, restoring everything back to normal. just as if they had passed thru the gate from the Commons to Unicorn Way.

Allowing people who wish to sacrifice the animations while traveling to disconnect, move on the map stored on their client, and reconnect, would most likely eliminate the need to add 60 second waits between commons and home transports. Think about it. Which do you see more of while on The Spiral? A handful of folks fighting here and there, or HUNDREDS whizzing by trying to go someplace?

We are not talking about "avoiding nuisance combat".

We are talking about eliminating "lag" - as we know it - for all time.

Nuisance Combat is just a "symptom".

Lag - is the "disease".

Allowing people to travel "neutral" - if they choose it, helps us ALL get better service from a shared resource. For as long as they are "winked-out", there is less for the server to do and keep track of.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
IvoryJade wrote:
I think those "useless" battles are actually rather useful. You get drops and gold, and if you haven't got to Legendary yet, you get XP. And if you're playing the game, obviously you have time on your hands (like myself) and what else are you going to do with your time on the game? Doesn't reagent hunting get dull after a while? Battles can break up the monotony of the day.

Think about this. It is a hard waste of time sometimes when you want to level up. You should be able to run through the streets safely. Also, NOT EVERYONE has time on their hands as you do. What about the under legendaries? They have a waste of time getting stuck! Hardly anyone I ask like getting stuck in battles and so-called "breaking the monotony of the day".

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
crazysteve25 wrote:
i LOVE this idea but the only thing i see wrong is that (no offense) idiots turning off fighting and then forgetting but it and not being able to quest and then they come here and spam the forums on why they cant go into battles.........like i said no offense but its true

You're right about that, I can say.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
supered10 wrote:

I could bare with it. But what about those lower-levels?

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
cheese7311 wrote:
NO NO NO This is the reason why so many boses in celestia no longer cheat and also the reason why its becoming too easy to pass through the game. If you dont want to be in the fight then flee. Being pulled by other creatures in my opinion makes the game funnier. If you cant handle a unexpected battle then learn to move around the creatures.

I ask you also, what about the NOVICES!

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
mman17 wrote:
cheese7311 wrote:

I ask you also, what about the NOVICES!

They need experience, don't they? This game cannot be so easy and let you be lazy and just lalala. if you get frusterated just deal with it. I don't want this idea to become something in the game at all. Some of us have finished the game through hard work and frusteration! this would take out the (believe it or not) fun of the game! Just think about it.
Alyssa Owlthorn
Level 58 Balance Sorcerer
Finished Celestia! :D :D :D

Survivor
Oct 21, 2010
I both agree and disagree, getting into battles can be annoying. I agree because I get dragged into battles all the time! Especially when i was back in MB. I think Ki needs to make a bit better of sidewalks for MB, i mean it it is on rooftops though for crying out loud. You dont always find random sidewalks on rooftops. And about GH adding sidewalks would totally ruin the whole forest appeal! GH is supposed to be a world with forests, and you dont find random sidewalks in forests . Luckily most of the worlds have sidewalks, hmm wc yes, kt yes, mb no, ms sorta? mostly? ds yes, gh no, cl sometimes, somethimes not. Anyways, disabling getting into battle is a big no no for Ki. They wont do this because then people would spend less time on stuff, therefore making you almost fly through worlds. it is a little weird (yet funny at the same time!) when you get pulled into a battle like ove a quarter of the map. So just deal with getting pulled into battles the most Ki will do about this is probably just prevent you from getting pulled over half the map into a random battle :?
- Julia Sparkleflower, Grandmaster Diviner, 53

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
This is the best idea I've seen so far, I agree 100% :)