Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Full battle circle and uninvited wizards .

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
Let me explain.
While fighting or farming I have encountered
several times MANY wizards standing in the
battle circle doing nothing but texting and causing trouble.
Also, When they stand directly in front of the boss we
are fighting, it makes it VERY difficult to lay traps or attack
due to targeting issues.
What I mean is when I want to target the boss, I cant cause
it allways brings up the info box for the player standing there.

Is there a way when the battle circle is full with 4 wizards
to have a boundry to keep non battle players out of the battle circle ?

Anything that would keep the players waiting to play OUTSIDE
the battle circle would be great.....

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I simply ask them to move because they are being distracting to players. Of course, the way I ask is a lot more polite than the way I'm making it sound. But I do agree that it's rude to just stand in the middle of someone's battle and block the view of the enemy.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
rudedog01 wrote:
Let me explain.
While fighting or farming I have encountered
several times MANY wizards standing in the
battle circle doing nothing but texting and causing trouble.
Also, When they stand directly in front of the boss we
are fighting, it makes it VERY difficult to lay traps or attack
due to targeting issues.
What I mean is when I want to target the boss, I cant cause
it allways brings up the info box for the player standing there.

Is there a way when the battle circle is full with 4 wizards
to have a boundry to keep non battle players out of the battle circle ?

Anything that would keep the players waiting to play OUTSIDE
the battle circle would be great.....

One solution to trying to cast your spell or trap --- you can click on the parchment tab with the name of the boss / character instead of trying to click on the boss / character directly.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I've seen this a few times though it never seemed to bother me, I never had a targeting problem because of them. The camera tends to aim upward anyway, how could they be so up front to block your cursor? Pretty much every fight the camera pans out a little bit. Their chat bubbles, maybe, but you can right click to close the chat bubble then select the monster. Although that is annoying and we who are dealing with monsters/quests shouldn't have to deal with that.

A boundary around the bubble when the circle is FULL would be a very welcome addition to the game to prevent unnecessary disruptions.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I believe I may have a solution.

Players are not able to walk past the dueling players' circles. Meaning they will be unable to walk past the inner ring of the dueling circle. (At which point, the arena would have already registered the wizard as a entering participant.)

Explorer
Dec 08, 2009
Honeybee313 wrote:

One solution to trying to cast your spell or trap --- you can click on the parchment tab with the name of the boss / character instead of trying to click on the boss / character directly.

I have almost 2 legendary wizards and I did not even know about this :). I also find that when people chat and the bubble appears in front of the boss I was having issue. Great tip and solution!!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
That'd be so useful! It's a huge pet peeve of mine. I hate when people go into the middle of a full battleground just so they can stand there and look stupid.