Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Since Update Seeing ALL red in spells

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I know it's not my pc because it is brand new and this didn't start happening until after the garden update. When I cast certain spells or when I am in pvp and someone casts a certain spell, instead of seeing color it is all red and distorted looking.

I would normally think this was my problem with my graphics card- but like I said this computer is less than 2 weeks old, has the latest gaming tecnology and is up to date. The problem occured the first time after the update and since then- if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Survivor
May 23, 2010
its a bug dude its on my screen too so dont be be

thomas dreamcaster
magas life wizard
mooshu

without life there is no death and without death there is no life

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
jakehjk3 wrote:
I know it's not my pc because it is brand new and this didn't start happening until after the garden update. When I cast certain spells or when I am in pvp and someone casts a certain spell, instead of seeing color it is all red and distorted looking.

I would normally think this was my problem with my graphics card- but like I said this computer is less than 2 weeks old, has the latest gaming tecnology and is up to date. The problem occured the first time after the update and since then- if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Oh my goodness...

The very first post in this section is called "SEEING RED ? Look here!".

Did you read it?

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Happens to me on some spells after last patch also. Usually Elf DoT spells it seems.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
No I did not see the Seeing Red post- but I will look for it now thanks..

Thanks everyone for answering you all have been very helpful and I'm not mad I'm glad.. lol :) I don't get upset too much over wizard101 cause I love it.. You all are awesome!! Thank YOU all so much for the help.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Thank You honeybee i just seen seeing red post- I did not notice that post thanks for directing me to it :) Looks like I'm not seeing things after all .. lol

Survivor
May 23, 2010
Bellatormonk wrote:
Happens to me on some spells after last patch also. Usually Elf DoT spells it seems.

quitting and restarting the game appears to fix it in the case of our machines.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
jakehjk3 wrote:
Thank You honeybee i just seen seeing red post- I did not notice that post thanks for directing me to it :) Looks like I'm not seeing things after all .. lol

You're welcome. Sometimes I don't like putting things on the boards or in an e-mail, because I don't know how they will be received. I wasn't trying to be nasty. Just trying to help. Glad you found it. Have a very Magical Day !

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I didn't think you were being nasty at all :) I found you very helpful- don't sway on answering questions because you helped me :)