Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard 101 for the Android platform!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 14, 2009

Hello All,

When we think of Android, we naturally think "cell phone". But in this case, I am talking more about the new Motorola XOOM (iPad competition), and the Motorola ATRIX 4G (laptop in a cell phone form), which are becoming a viable alternative to having a laptop to carry along with you.

As these Android based devices become more prominent and a viable alternative to owning a laptop, I find myself wondering what I really use my PC for, that these devices can't deliver. Today I came to the conclusion that virtually the only thing I use my PC for, that these Android devices can't deliver, is playing Wizard 101.

So... When I decide to upgrade my cell phone to this next time, I think I am going to go with one of these new Android "PC on my hip" devices. I will be left with my old clunky Windows based laptop, just sitting around to use for playing Wizard 101.

So I'm wondering how many of you would see a value in Kings Isle looking at the Android platform as a viable platform for the next generation of the game?

Comments?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 46 (Master Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 37 (Magus Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 35 (Magus Necromancer)

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
*pushes you aside. Iphone and Ipad comes first.

*joke! xD

Yes, any expansion into the cellular market would most likely result in a incredible reception. Absolutely a huge marketing idea.

I won't go into too much detail, as I have written a reply about this in another thread not too long ago. You can keep something simple, yet addicting, like encounter fights from different worlds/areas, that would carry over to your real account data, for phones.

You could carry over something as large as an entire Wizard101 world, or several, to the Ipad/Android/Carrier counterparts. I do realize trying to do this would require permission by the device's developers, fees and expenses, but if you think about it, would the potential market be worth the investment?

I believe it is an incredible idea to expand Wizard101 to the world of cellular entertainment.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
*pushes you aside. Iphone and Ipad comes first.

*joke! xD

LOL!

Shiningfantasia wrote:

You can keep something simple, yet addicting, like encounter fights from different worlds/areas, that would carry over to your real account data, for phones.

Personally, I wouldn't be interested in anything other than the full game. But that's just me.

Shiningfantasia wrote:

I do realize trying to do this would require permission by the device's developers, fees and expenses, but if you think about it, would the potential market be worth the investment?

Developing for the Apple devices requires the direct involvement of Apple Computer, but developing for Android could be done independently. It would just be another platform that Kings Isle would have to support.

I personally think it would be a worthwhile direction. I see the PC market dying out and moving to the mobile device market in the next few years. Just my gut feeling.

Shiningfantasia wrote:

I believe it is an incredible idea to expand Wizard101 to the world of cellular entertainment.

I totally agree!

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
I have the Motorola Xoom and it is incredible. I wish that we could play Wizard 101 on it! *crossing my fingers and wishing*
Alura Dreamer Myth Level 60
Alura Dream Life Level 60
Scarlet Death Level 60 and a few teen storm and fire

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Wh1rledPeas wrote:

Hello All,

When we think of Android, we naturally think "cell phone". But in this case, I am talking more about the new Motorola XOOM (iPad competition), and the Motorola ATRIX 4G (laptop in a cell phone form), which are becoming a viable alternative to having a laptop to carry along with you.

As these Android based devices become more prominent and a viable alternative to owning a laptop, I find myself wondering what I really use my PC for, that these devices can't deliver. Today I came to the conclusion that virtually the only thing I use my PC for, that these Android devices can't deliver, is playing Wizard 101.

So... When I decide to upgrade my cell phone to this next time, I think I am going to go with one of these new Android "PC on my hip" devices. I will be left with my old clunky Windows based laptop, just sitting around to use for playing Wizard 101.

So I'm wondering how many of you would see a value in Kings Isle looking at the Android platform as a viable platform for the next generation of the game?

Comments?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 46 (Master Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 37 (Magus Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 35 (Magus Necromancer)

I think you're imagining too far in the future. Won't happen soon, but it MAY have a chance appearing in the FAR FAR future.