Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Medusa, Judge and Snow Angel

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
I saw that you guys fixed many of the previous bugged spells and it is nice to see that. I would just like to point out the issue with Medusa not stunning twice like the description, and instead stunning and acting as a dispel. It may be nice in PvE but in PvP it is pretty unfair I believe.

Pip based spells such as Judge, Tempest, Heckhound, etc. shouldn't be allowed to be gargantuaned. I think it overpowers the spell WAY too much considering the boosts Celestia gives. And while Tempest can be blocked it is very hard to block Judge since it takes multiple turns to acquire the correct shields and it only shields 50% or 55%. a 4 power pip judge without blades can do extensive damage since most people don't use commander gear anymore as it does not come with critical/block.

I also believe Snow Angel is overpowered for ice. It is way too strong considering they have +40% blade and treasure blades are more easily accessible. In looking at PvP matches, there is a trend that an ice team going first pretty much always wins. It is not based on skill and is instead based on the card.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Maybe not use Gargantuan on Judge and the others for PVP, but it has saved me multiple times against bosses. I don't even pvp much. I do mostly questing.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I also think that people should not be allowed to heal, use shields, or attack! Please change this, because it is possible for me to lose if they are allowed to continue to do this.

KI, please fix these issues immediately, or this person will quit.

Oh wait, he is a PvP complainer that wants everything to be handed to him on a silver platter, never mind, please let him go!

On what level does this make spells too overpowered? Do you not know what conviction or shields are?

Explorer
Dec 08, 2009
Well i would first like to point out that you CAN'T garg tempest anyways, and I am not sure for heckhound. As for judgement it is not that unfair. In most cases it's not the garg that gives all the damage. It basically acts as an extra power pip, and with balance easily hitting 100% power pip, I don't think that it is much of an issue. Try using the necklace that gives 2 weaknesses when PvPing and if you have tower shield from ice school you can use one of those plus a treasure card one. That will give you -30% -50% and -55%. Stacked, it will render judgement pretty useless.

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
You cannot gargantuan judge like you can other spells it is just added damage bonus on the end of the pip damage.

if you have 8 pips for a total of 800 damage then you add the bonus from gargantuan of 250 for a total of 1050

I think this is fair. I was dissapointed in this at first but understand why it was set this way, but to just say it shouldnt happen is just our right unfair.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2009
I believe the Snow Angel is perfect and not overpowered, I am an ice student and the spells aren't that powerful, it's nice to have a spell that's strong for a school that doesn't have much powerful spells.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Nothing wrong with Medusa- Use stun block.. Nothing wrong with judgement use tower shild and weakness.. nothing wrong with snow angel use Disarm..... Nothing wrong with the game or any spells in the game- I get so sick of complainers-- I want to tell people if you don't like this game- MAKE YOUR OWN.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
o about medusa- sorry i misread that part- but i have never had a problem with medusa not working right? whenever someone medusa's me I always get stunned 2 rounds so i am not sure what's going on with that? never seen it happen

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
You argument that you should not be able to garg a Judge because it's a X-Pips spell (because it's unfair) is logically flawed.

Why is garg'ing a X-Pips spell flawed? What additional, unintended advantage does it offer over another spell like Lightning Bat or Storm Lord?

If you compare Lightning Bat with Judgement at 2 Pips, a garg'd Lightning Bat deals significantly more damage than a garg'd 2-Pips Judgement; similarly, a garg'd Storm Lord does significantly more damage than a garg'd Judgement at the same pip-level.

In fact, NOT allowing Judgement to be Garg (while every other spell can), is a major disadvantage for Judgement. You will need a 5 Pips Judgement to match the power of a Lightning Bat if you allow Lightning Bats to be garg'd but not Judgement.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
mattmann69 wrote:
I saw that you guys fixed many of the previous bugged spells and it is nice to see that. I would just like to point out the issue with Medusa not stunning twice like the description, and instead stunning and acting as a dispel. It may be nice in PvE but in PvP it is pretty unfair I believe.

Medusa does not even stun twice in PvP?

I am glad I went back to my roots and started a Storm wizard.