Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Characters too Easy to Delete on Opening Page

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 26, 2008
My whole family plays this game and we love it! We let my three year old daughter play her girl and it took her all of two seconds to get to the character screen and delete everyone's characters! Mine was level 25! Is there any way to ask for the PASSWORD before deleting a character? Or is there any way to get the charaters back after an accidental deletion. We started over but man if it happens again!
Thanks!

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
You may want to submit a support ticket for this issue. I would think they could bring back your characters but that's just an assumption.

You can submit a question to customer service by clicking on "Help" on the bottom side of the menu to your left. Once the page appears, scroll down and select "Ask a question" at the bottom.

Hopefully they can get your characters restored for you.

Explorer
May 21, 2008
Ouch!

Yes, please contact support and we'll get you some assistance with this matter.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Oh this happened to me. Figure this being level 42 . I feel your pain . Sisters or brothers do get annoying. So make sure they are not near the game much because if you go down it says rated 10+. Plus here is how you can send it in. Go down under help. Then you will find it. Just create a new one to make the time go bye! Thats what I did. And mine got into moo shu AGAIN :D

I have waiting like 5 weeks or 4 so its good to have my wizard back :)

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Aren't there any protections against deleting a character, such as having to type "delete" or your character's name? Or is the problem that a sibling knows how to do that and did?

Survivor
Aug 20, 2008
On other games I've played, a password is required to delete characters and they ask you to confirm it twice.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2008
Somehow we got our characters back by opening the game from the file folder. Thank goodness! My mom's was level 45, mine was 32 and my son's was 31! Then when we opened the game the original way through the shortuct on the desktop, all our guys were back. WHEW!

I would love to see a password asked for before deletion so this doesn't happen again. At the very beginning of the game I deleted my own level 10 by accident when my cat walked on my keyboard during sign in! Thanks Admin!

Explorer
May 21, 2008
evina wrote:
On other games I've played, a password is required to delete characters and they ask you to confirm it twice.

It's a good idea. We'll look into adding it.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2008
I agree it is too easy to delete.

Please add a response similar in other family games where the child must enter a parental password (which they shouldn't have access) before delete is permitted.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2008
Pixie318 wrote:
Somehow we got our characters back by opening the game from the file folder. Thank goodness! My mom's was level 45, mine was 32 and my son's was 31! Then when we opened the game the original way through the shortuct on the desktop, all our guys were back. WHEW!

I would love to see a password asked for before deletion so this doesn't happen again. At the very beginning of the game I deleted my own level 10 by accident when my cat walked on my keyboard during sign in! Thanks Admin!

Has anyone figured out how to recover a character when 5yr/olds delete them? My son is devastated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Administrator
Just as the above posts suggested, please contact customer support.
Log in to Wizard101.com the website, click the Help banner and scroll down to Mr Lincoln and the Ask a Question Tab.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
hi my username is Wizardgirl528 and i need help. i deleted my player and now i want her back! Is there anyway to bring her back?

Administrator
Wizardgirl528 you can find the answer to your question right where you posted it :D
Just as the above posts suggested, please contact customer support.
Log in to Wizard101.com the website, click the Help banner and scroll down and click on Mr Lincoln and the Ask a Question Tab.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
Ouch man! I feel bad for you.

My sisters play the game, but we have seperate accounts. I think you have to type a word in if your trying to deleate an account. Sorry if this way already said