Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Animate spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Usually a moderator would answer your question but i see that one has so i will tell you.You can get this spell being lvl 28-. All you have to do is talk to dworgyn nad he wil tell you to go fight freddy nine lives.If you defeat him the actual nine times in a row you can go back to dworgyn andreceive your card. BTW You have to be death(go death!)

Explorer
Jun 28, 2008
another way is getting the hat from zeke in wizard city or the hat shop in wizard city.

Explorer
Dec 23, 2008
1Sonicboom wrote:
another way is getting the hat from zeke in wizard city or the hat shop in wizard city.
what does the spell even do?

Survivor
Jun 22, 2008
yapper wrote:
1Sonicboom wrote:

Isn't it the spell that you cast on monsters and they end up attacking their own team?
lol I may be wrong though o:

edit: rofl
I was wrong! XD
It's that Mr. Minion spell o. o

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
No thats a different spell. The Animate spell is a death minion speel the more pips you have the more powerfull minion you get its pretty cool.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
kimomo wrote:
yapper wrote:
1Sonicboom wrote:

Isn't it the spell that you cast on monsters and they end up attacking their own team?

I was wrong! XD

Anyways the card your thinking of is Beguile or however you spell it. The animate spell is a Minion Card to summon a minion, the more pips the more powerful, my rank 3 minion cast kraken, storm shark so it is pretty good. Think about rank 5. That would be like helephant.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
astro1244 wrote:
No thats a different spell. The Animate spell is a death minion speel the more pips you have the more powerfull minion you get its pretty cool.

8)
Very true, fellow Necromancer... I have personally cast it at all Pips from 1 through (a true shock when I discovered it) as many as Seven Pips! And the higher the number of Pips, the bigger and meaner the Spells that the darling creature will cast in your service... I have seen a six Pip use the spell Judgement among other similar level spells. I have ScreenShots of all the levels over on Wizard Central in my Album section; Same Forum name, BTW....

Beware the night, darlings....

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 35, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")
8)

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
I am a level 25 Thamuaturge and because i dont get my minion till lvl 28 i
bought the hat from wizard city that gives you the animate spell. So far
i found out this. 1 pip=regular ghost 2 pip=skeletal warrior 3pip=dark sprite 4 pip=Ghoul 5 pip=summoned soul.

P.S. If you get the hat all brown it only cost 7800 gold!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I think every Death Wizard should go down to Unicorn Way and play with the Animate spell. Very good minions for the cost at 1-4 pips, better than other schools at 5-8, and wait till you start casting with 9+ pips.

In combat, the only problem they have is messing up your 'feint', but they cast well and wisely otherwise...

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
soccerman75 wrote:
I am a level 25 Thamuaturge and because i dont get my minion till lvl 28 i
bought the hat from wizard city that gives you the animate spell. So far
i found out this. 1 pip=regular ghost 2 pip=skeletal warrior 3pip=dark sprite 4 pip=Ghoul 5 pip=summoned soul.

P.S. If you get the hat all brown it only cost 7800 gold!

8)

let me help you out with that one :
6 Pips => Captive Banshee, Rank 4 (looks like Scarlet Screamer)
7 Pips => Living Scarecrow, Rank 4 (Looks like Field Guard)

All Death Minions have 100 Health for each Pip spent summoning it; and the more Pips used, the more powerful and varied the Spells they use. I have myself seen a 6 Pip use the Judgement Spell.

And as for pricing .... well, all brown works if you are guy; but if you are girl, you have to settle for white-Silver, which still cost more. But as Brown in not given as a color-choice for girls, .... you have no choice....

8)

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
MikeStrath wrote:
I think every Death Wizard should go down to Unicorn Way and play with the Animate spell. Very good minions for the cost at 1-4 pips, better than other schools at 5-8, and wait till you start casting with 9+ pips.

In combat, the only problem they have is messing up your 'feint', but they cast well and wisely otherwise...

It goes up to 9 Pips? Weird; I thought it leveled out at only 7 Pips...
More Research required, I guess....

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
It is like any other X spell in your school, power pips count as two. So I had 5 regular pips and 2 power pips when I cast.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
MikeStrath wrote:
It is like any other X spell in your school, power pips count as two. So I had 5 regular pips and 2 power pips when I cast.

8)

Hmm.... if you don't mind answering a question, ... what was your level when you first cast that 9 Pip Minion? And what did it look like?

I'm level 35 Death School; and the one time I cast at 8 Pips, all I got was a 7 Pip Field Guard / "Living ScareCrow"....

I'm thinking ... level-driven cap on how powerful a Death Minion you get?

8)

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
kimomo wrote:
yapper wrote:
1Sonicboom wrote:

I was wrong! XD
the one spell that makes the minion help you is beguile. :-) (for death) i am a lvl 33 myth but my friends told me about the spell!

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
the 9 pip minion that comes out is a banshee, 10 pips is a rotting fodder, 11 is a mummy, and so on. Finally, if you manage to cast animate with all power pips(14 pips), get a wraith minion named death incarnate. he has the exact stats of marleybone's agony wraith and he's a rather aggresive minion in that he often casts 3 pip and 4 pip attack spells.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
kimomo wrote:

Thats beguile

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
Defender
Feb 24, 2009
Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
ok, i'm death too guys, but why would you waste time almost getting KILLED in dragonspyre summoning a MINION with full pips? i'd wait until a boss battle, and even then i'd rarely used it, come on. if he's a tough boss, and you're getting your butt whooped, why don't you ASK for help? easier than summoning a minion then having to try to get the pips AGAIN for your best spell, like wraith or scarecrow. oh, and the max number of pips, guessing here, but i think it's 8 or 9 max pips, but it's a guess, i still think it's 8 though.

Adrian Deathsword 49
necromancer
wraith pet

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
parrot123 wrote:
I am in the death school and can't wait to get animate

:(
They use to sell one of those nice tri-corn Hats with the Animate Spell, but it was retired in the update before Housing. I miss that hat a lot, though I was able to buy one for my Death Wizard before it was pulled from the Shop Inventories. Still ... it was a nice Hat for the price ...
:(

My Myth Wizard has it now, while she has his Power Play Hat ... heh ...

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 41, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")
Danial DragonSinger (Myth 34, GC Ninja Pig, "Mister Chance")

PS : "GC" = "Gift Card" .... if you weren't sure ... ;)

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
NeoStar wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:

It goes up to 9 Pips? Weird; I thought it leveled out at only 7 Pips...
More Research required, I guess....

yes it goes up to 14 pips (yea thats all power pips) and that summons a rank7 death incarnate(its a wraith)just to let you know itpasses a lot gut hits big and when i say big i mean BIG

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
NeoStar wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:

8)

Hmm.... if you don't mind answering a question, ... what was your level when you first cast that 9 Pip Minion? And what did it look like?

I'm level 35 Death School; and the one time I cast at 8 Pips, all I got was a 7 Pip Field Guard / "Living ScareCrow"....

I'm thinking ... level-driven cap on how powerful a Death Minion you get?

8)

ok so our minions change i uesd it once and got a sprite and another time a ghost does this dill with the pips we use

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
NeoStar wrote:
astro1244 wrote:

8)
Very true, fellow Necromancer... I have personally cast it at all Pips from 1 through (a true shock when I discovered it) as many as Seven Pips! And the higher the number of Pips, the bigger and meaner the Spells that the darling creature will cast in your service... I have seen a six Pip use the spell Judgement among other similar level spells. I have ScreenShots of all the levels over on Wizard Central in my Album section; Same Forum name, BTW....

Beware the night, darlings....

how can i look at them
8)

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
kckool wrote:
can you get animate as an ice wizard

Nope! You need to be Death to get this card.