Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are all Wizards really even in their Power.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Before anyone reads this, let me state three things.

1. The setup of each Wizard is far more complex than this shows, but this will give you the basic idea of the dynamics of the setup.

2. I believe that all Wizards are the same, except for the different spells they can cast. The Power levels are all the same, even though there are options to change based on your type of style.

3. Remember, I did not add in all the stats, but wanted to point out why I think the critical rating was added, and why it was needed.
Critical give balance to the game, as long as it's percentages work correctly.

I have seen many (many) postings on certain Wizards being stronger in one school versus another, especially in PvP. This seems to be an on-going debate, with a lot of complaints on Ice, Myth, Fire, Balance, etc.
I think all these complaints are unfounded, and the people posting them need to study the game.

By the way, I have taken these spec from two real Wizards in the game (one happens to be Ice, I’ll let you guess at the other).

My Dad explained this to me, so I hope I got it right.

Player #1.
Health, 3640
Defense, 35% to all schools.
Attack boost, 34%.
Power Pip rating 80%
Critical rating, 12%, or 1 in 9 critical hits.

Player #2.
Health, 3120
Defense, for two schools 64%. (Player #1 is not one of these schools).
Attack boost, 66% (this could be higher with different gear).
Power Pip rating 90% (this could also be higher with different gear)
Critical rating, 33% or 1 in 3 critical hits.

Health difference is 520 points between the two wizards.

Let’s set these Wizards up in a mock PvP battle, to show you what KI has done.

Let’s go 12 rounds, and each player has a 4 Power pip spell that will hit 1000 points.
So for every four rounds, the Wizard get one attack, or he attacks three times in 12 rounds. (total of three (3) attacks in our battle).

Player 1.
(1000 times .8 power pip rating = 800) times three attacks = 2400 total attack points.
He will get no Criticals in the three attacks as the percentage is way too low.
Add the attack boost, 2400 times 1.34 = 3216

Player2.
1000 times .9 power pip rating = 900 times 3 = 2700.
He will get at least one critical in the three attacks, so add 900 = 3600.
Add the boost 3600 times 1.66 = 5904 points.
Now lets drop the defense that Player one has to all schools 5904 times .65 = 3837.6 hit.

3837.7 – 3216 = 621.6 hits total for Player #2, now subtract the extra health of player #1.
621.6 – 520 and we get 110 hit point advantage for Player #2.
With slightly different gear, this could easily be dead even……

Now do you see how even all the Wizards are, KI has done a great job on making each one of them even as can be?

Joseph LionHunter
Level 60 Ice.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
It is pretty fair! This game is #1 in my book for a reason, and I play tons of games :) You pick which one you like the best- and rock it :) You will see a lot of complainers on this message board about wanting certain spells removed from schools, but most the complaints are by people not wanting to take the time to learn-

If you stick with it and have fun- you will be the best wizard of whatever school you choose- just remember my words and have fun with whatever school you pick :)

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Ok you give one example, but here's a comparison in a matchup between life and ice.
Life-2070(base)+1252(gear bonus)=3322 health 107%PP 60 Critical Rating 36% Death Resist 54% Life Damage 36% Myth Resist

Ice-2335(base)+1521(gear bonus)=3856 health 60 critical rating 37% universal resist 9% Ice Accuracy 26% Ice Damage 80% PP
(notice the critical is the same for both schools)

Life 1000 x 1.0 (x 1.54 damage) =1540
Ice 1000 x 0.8 (x 1.28 damage) =1024
As you can see in terms of damage life is clearly the aggressor, what happens when you put resist into the equation?
life damage 1540 -ice resist(1540 x 0.37)= 970
Ice damage stays the same =1024

Now you see ice damage is greater but not by much right? So why does ice have 500 more health? This is a clear example of level 58 gear being unbalanced.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
The schools are VERY close to being balanced, but remember this, the schools are never 100% equal in power. (I do like how you say as even as CAN be.)

Every time something new involving the schools is added, the power of the schools change. For example:
1=average strength

Myth=.9
Death=1
Fire=1.1
Balance=1
Life=1.45
Storm=1.55
Ice=1.5
(note this is my opinion on school strength as of right now.)

Maybe when they make the level cap 70 it will look more like this:

Myth=1.5
Death=1.3
Fire=1
Balance=1.4
Life=1
Storm=.9
Ice=1.1

(You may argue with me, why are storm, ice, and life the strongest schools? Well have you ever noticed that people always want a storm, life, or ice wizard when doing pvp? I don't see anyone looking for balance or death wizards.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
travisAk wrote:
Ok you give one example, but here's a comparison in a matchup between life and ice.
Life-2070(base)+1252(gear bonus)=3322 health 107%PP 60 Critical Rating 36% Death Resist 54% Life Damage 36% Myth Resist

Ice-2335(base)+1521(gear bonus)=3856 health 60 critical rating 37% universal resist 9% Ice Accuracy 26% Ice Damage 80% PP

As you can see in terms of damage life is clearly the aggressor, what happens when you put resist into the equation?

Now you see ice damage is greater but not by much right? So why does ice have 500 more health? This is a clear example of level 58 gear being unbalanced.

Hi Travis,

I have never seen the gear to make an Ice wizard like that, and I have seen much better gear for Life. Their Critical rating is much higher in most cases.
Case in point, trying to mismatch two wizards is unfair, and doesn't prove any point.
In some of your other post you talk about a Amulet for Ice, but you can't buy it. You can only win it in a battle with a Boss. A lot of points you make are not fair comparisons. Ice doesn't have 500 more health, unless you are talking about a Storm Wizard or Death Wizard. Grant you that Myth is not extremely high, but Life and Balance have high health, and life can just about heal forever.

I can do the same thing you do, by taking two different cars. One has a Wind resistance of .2 and the other has a wind resistance of .4 I can say how unfair this is, and that something needs to be done about it. I can complain that the car with less wind resistance has better tires, etc.
It doesn't matter, because they have different engines. The seocnd car has more horsepower which compensates for the bad Wind resistance.
See my point, you keep pointing at one certain area, but not taking in the whole picture.

Btw, you don't put into the above eample how fast Life can heal. KI has done a ton of research on this, and has made it very balanced, even if you have not taken the time to looked at all the angles yet.

Btw, how far is your Ice Wizard along, maybe my Balance wizard and your Ice can team up?

Joseph LionHunter
Level 60 Ice.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
There isn't much of a difference between Life and Ice.

You complain about how fast life can heal. There are spells for that that take away 50% of healing. Infection, and Doom and Gloom.

Granted, D&G costs 3 pips. Infection costs nothing. There are plenty amount of ways that you can get these spells.
And - if you're going to argue about healing, than we can remove the "Pixie" spell from all schools, seeing as it's not "fair" on Life wizards, because they should be the "only" school who's allowed to heal.

There is a weakness to every school. You just need to find them.

Ice, from what I can tell, is stronger than Life.

Ice wizards are granted much more health than Life wizards. And, they get more attack spells, which, by all means, aren't much weaker than life spells at all.

Ice wizards are also granted resists from schools. Life wizards aren't.

Let's look at two strong spells from both schools. Ice - Collosus. Life - Centaur.

Centaur can do as high as 595, if you're lucky.
Collosus can do as high as 540, if you're lucky.

There is only a 55 damage difference. However, with the amount of resist that Ice has, this weakens the spell drastically.

You may argue that Life gear comes with more bonuses.
Well, Ice trap is more powerful than Life trap, but the blades are equal.
So, that by itself already gives Ice wizards a 5% bonus while attacking.

And, like I said before, Ice has more spells used for attacking.

Basically, there isn't much of an argument here.
You can't really say anything about healing - it's what the life school is based on. If you weaken healing, weaken everything else from all the other schools, too.

The schools right now, as I see them, are very closed to being balanced. If I had a say in anything, I'd say Fire, Death, and Storm are overpowered.
Arguing LIFE is overpowered is stretching it.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
travisAk wrote:

Yet, life, can heal, at a rate of 1000 per round with regeneration for 5 pips. or 1000 for 2 pips with fairy with crafted ring and athame, still having 98% PP and without any other boosts or critical. so, for 1 power pip, add 1000 health. Now, do that for ice! Oh wait, you can't! No, you would actually have to use 5 pips to cast regenerate. or 2 pips to cast heal for 400, being 4 power pips.

Now, Life also got 98% power pips chance to ice's 80% so you want to talk about the minor damage difference? With Life heals? Dude, get with the program and figure out the full equation before you keep whining your nonsense.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Lion359 wrote:

Hi Travis,

I have never seen the gear to make an Ice wizard like that, and I have seen much better gear for Life.  Their Critical rating is much higher in most cases. 
Case in point, trying to mismatch two wizards is unfair, and doesn't prove any point.
I was referring to level 58 gear in my post, wizard central has many guides that can  show you this. And in terms of critical damage they are exactly the same. A life wizard can collect or craft gear to increase critical rating but get penalized for it, losing either damage or resistance. That being said I did not really do a fair analysis, did not include spell per pip damage or spell types. We could talk about how life has no damage over time spells or do a shield comparison but I believe KI is doing the best they can to keep things balanced. The point I'm trying to get at is the increase of damage after celestia (critical and spells like gargantuan) combined with the new lack of defense has made the game less strategic in my view. You make a very good point in your post though.
lion359 wrote:
In some of your other post you talk about a Amulet for Ice, but you can't buy it  You can  only win it in a battle with a Boss.
actually this amulet, the iceblade vial can be crafted from a recipe in the celestial base camp.

lion359 wrote:
I can do the same thing you do, by taking two different cars.  One has a Wind resistance of .2 and the other has a wind resistance of .4  I can say how unfair this is, and that something needs to be done about it.  I can complain that the car with less wind resistance has better tires, etc.
It doesn't matter, because they have different engines.  The seocnd car has more horsepower which compensates for the bad Wind resistance. 
See my point, you keep pointing at one certain area, but not taking in the whole picture.

Btw, you don't put into the above eample how fast Life can heal.   KI has done a ton of research on this, and has made it very balanced, even if you have not taken the time to looked at all the angles yet.  
you make some good points and I will hold my thoughts because of the nature of this thread. My problem is once again the absence of resist, this kill or be killed fast paced arena that pvp has become for all the other schools, essentially turning other schools into storm. And my problem is not with Ice but with arena gear.

lion359 wrote:
Btw, how far is your Ice Wizard along, maybe my Balance wizard and your Ice  can team up?
I thought this was a nice gesture :) good thread, you have made some good points. 

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Actually my equation is Correct in terms of a hypothetical 1000 pip spell the original poster put forth. In the Ice equation the 1000 X 0.8 is representing the chAnce for power pips, essentially reducing the 1000 damage to 800. Try reading a post before you reply darthjt, go have a snack pack, lol. I did not include school specific spell damage which would change things.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
Lion359 wrote:

1. The setup of each Wizard is far more complex than this shows, but this will give you the basic idea of the dynamics of the setup.

2. I believe that all Wizards are the same, except for the different spells they can cast. The Power levels are all the same, even though there are options to change based on your type of style.

3. Remember, I did not add in all the stats, but wanted to point out why I think the critical rating was added, and why it was needed.

I have seen many (many) postings on certain Wizards being stronger in one school versus another, especially in PvP. This seems to be an on-going debate, with a lot of complaints on Ice, Myth, Fire, Balance, etc.
I think all these complaints are unfounded, and the people posting them need to study the game.

By the way, I have taken these spec from two real Wizards in the game (one happens to be Ice, I’ll let you guess at the other).

Player #1.
Health, 3640
Attack boost, 34%.
Power Pip rating 80%

Player #2.
Health, 3120

Let’s go 12 rounds, and each player has a 4 Power pip spell that will hit 1000 points.
So for every four rounds, the Wizard get one attack, or he attacks three times in 12 rounds. (total of three (3) attacks in our battle).

Player 1.
(1000 times .8 power pip rating = 800) times three attacks = 2400 total attack points.

Player2.
Now lets drop the defense that Player one has to all schools 5904 times .65 = 3837.6 hit.

3837.7 – 3216 = 621.6 hits total for Player #2, now subtract the extra health of player #1.

Now do you see how even all the Wizards are, KI has done a great job on making each one of them even as can be?

Joseph LionHunter
Level 60 Ice.

PVP does no good in the game, anyway a warlord with all wins and no loses has no tickets to buy any gear.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
travisAk wrote:
Actually my equation is Correct in terms of a hypothetical 1000 pip spell the original poster put forth. In the Ice equation the 1000 X 0.8 is representing the chAnce for power pips, essentially reducing the 1000 damage to 800. Try reading a post before you reply darthjt, go have a snack pack, lol. I did not include school specific spell damage which would change things.

I read you post Travis, unfortunately, you did not read mine. That or your did not understand my point in the post. I go with the ladder, since you replied with this gibberish. You really don't have a clue, do you? I am sorry you can't figure it out and that you lose. There is no help for you, because you don't take the time to learn. I have tried to show you tips, but the simplest things escape your concept. Maybe you should try chutes and ladders, you might have better luck!

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Ice is hands down the king of the pvp as it stands since Celestia. The high health, resist and Snow Angel make them pretty much unstoppable.

Just a matter of time until they win if they play smart.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
travisAk wrote:

besause life can heal so it can make up the extra 500 life

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
ter903 wrote:

Ok if we're going to talk spells we could bring up infection but let's scrap that thought for a second. Also before I begin I want to point out that critical and critical block is exactly the same on ALL level 58 gear. This can be seen by searching "illustrated guide to best celestia gear" online. Let's form a different equation of an opposing school that does not have any resistance to ice with level 58 gear.

Myth: 1720(base)+1044(gear bonus)= 2764 health 60 Critical Rating 27% Death Resist 27% Life Resist 19% Myth accuracy 46% Myth Damage 92%PP

Ice:
2335(base)+1521(gear bonus)=3856 health 60 critical rating 37% universal resist 26% Ice Damage 80% PP

Myth 1000 (damage) x 0.94 (PP) x 1.46 (damage gear boost) =1372

Ice 1000 (damage) x 0.8 (PP) x 1.26 (damage gear boost) = 1008

Now let's apply resist to the equation

1372 (myth damage) - Ice resist (1372 x 0.37) 508 = 876
Ice damage stays the same =1008
Now you see that Ice out damages myth and has a health advantage of close to 1100 health points? This is a direct comparison of level 58 gear that shows imbalance. Now other schools can choose to go critical and lose their resist and health completely but not every one likes the kill or be killed critical arena they've been thrusted into. One should not have to go all out critical to compete against Ice who's level 58 gear is flawless and do not have these trade offs that exist to the other schools.

(based on four pip 1000 point spell the op originally posted)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
travisAk wrote:
ter903 wrote:

Ok if we're going to talk spells we could bring up infection but let's scrap that thought for a second. Also before I begin I want to point out that critical and critical block is exactly the same on ALL level 58 gear. This can be seen by searching "illustrated guide to best celestia gear" online. Let's form a different equation of an opposing school that does not have any resistance to ice with level 58 gear.

Myth: 1720(base)+1044(gear bonus)= 2764 health 60 Critical Rating 27% Death Resist 27% Life Resist 19% Myth accuracy 46% Myth Damage 92%PP

Ice:
2335(base)+1521(gear bonus)=3856 health 60 critical rating 37% universal resist 26% Ice Damage 80% PP

Now you see that Ice out damages myth and has a health advantage of close to 1100 health points? This is a direct comparison of level 58 gear that shows imbalance. Now other schools can choose to go critical and lose their resist and health completely but not every one likes the kill or be killed critical arena they've been thrusted into. One should not have to go all out critical to compete against Ice who's level 58 gear is flawless and do not have these trade offs that exist to the other schools.

Are you always going to whine, cry, and complain?

Now, look at myth spells, Medusa, and a 2 round stun, vs snow angel that taunts. Also, look at Myths accuracy of 99% compared to ice's of 89%. You keep taking in the figures you want to come up with the answers you want to hear, but when you put the full equation in perspective, you get balance.

I am sorry you are not smart enough to figure this out. Really, honestly, try etch a sketch or light bright, those might be more fun for you. Or sing your ABC's if you can.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
travisAk wrote:
ter903 wrote:

Ice:

Perfect summary to my main problems with pvp since Celestia. I have to critical to have a "chance" to win against ice. Pvp now for any class besides ice is now more a game of luck than any skill. It was already bad enough due to first turn advantage, but now it has become rather silly if you want to have a chance of ranking up.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Quote: "Now you see that Ice out damages myth and has a health advantage of close to 1100 health points? This is a direct comparison of level 58 gear that shows imbalance. Now other schools can choose to go critical and lose their resist and health completely but not every one likes the kill or be killed critical arena they've been thrusted into. One should not have to go all out critical to compete against Ice who's level 58 gear is flawless and do not have these trade offs that exist to the other schools."

Travis,

Okay, lets use Earthquake and remove all the boost and shields that Ice has and then do the comparison between a Boosted Myth and a non-boosted Ice.

Exactly what happened to me Friday afternoon, and I lost because of boosted Earthquake and the boosted Madusa that hit critical. I never got off a boosted Snow Angel, because I built up and lost every boost I put up.
You can argue until you are blue in the face, but in the end you will be wrong.

C'mon, this is so unfair, and again, is comparing Apples to Oranges.
Let's compare Just Damage to Damage and not add in the Health or add in the defense, that is what I can do,and work out the same type of calculation. What does it mean, nothing, just as comparing spells at the same hitting power.
Remember, Ice has the lowest hitting power in the game, even with Level 58 gear.

When I did my comparison, it was to show why the Critical was added into Level 58 Gear. You CANNOT point to one part of ICE's gear and not the other Part, it's not fair and mean nothing.

I watched a Balance in PvP yesterday, that had 24 damage and 37 resist to all Schools. Wow, how unfair, the gear needs to be changed now, Balance can't have that kind of hitting power and 37% resist to all schools.
Key: Yes, when he added that resisit he lost his critical rating and it dropped back to the same level as Ice.

When you stated that "one school should not have to lose it's critical rating to boost another area of it's gear", it confused me.
Wow, that is what Level 58 Gear is all about, you can mix and match as you want. I can increase my Critical rating, but I lose all of my defense. It's the whole idea of Level 58 gear, but you want to go back to Level 48 or 50 gear, but with Higher values.
Trade off are all part of the design of Level 58 gear, confusing or not, it's the design. this is what makes the game so confusing to some, and why others love it so much.

The Wizards, gear and spells are all balanced, it's the players that are not......

Joseph LionHunter
Level 60 Ice.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Quote: "Now you see that Ice out damages myth and has a health advantage of close to 1100 health points? This is a direct comparison of level 58 gear that shows imbalance. Now other schools can choose to go critical and lose their resist and health completely but not every one likes the kill or be killed critical arena they've been thrusted into. One should not have to go all out critical to compete against Ice who's level 58 gear is flawless and do not have these trade offs that exist to the other schools."

Travis,

Okay, lets use Earthquake and remove all the boost and shields that Ice has and then do the comparison between a Boosted Myth and a non-boosted Ice.

Exactly what happened to me Friday afternoon, and I lost because of boosted Earthquake and the boosted Madusa that hit critical. I never got off a boosted Snow Angel, because I built up and lost every boost I put up.
You can argue until you are blue in the face, but in the end you will be wrong.

C'mon, this is so unfair, and again, is comparing Apples to Oranges.
Let's compare Just Damage to Damage and not add in the Health or add in the defense, that is what I can do,and work out the same type of calculation. What does it mean, nothing, just as comparing spells at the same hitting power.
Remember, Ice has the lowest hitting power in the game, even with Level 58 gear.

When I did my comparison, it was to show why the Critical was added into Level 58 Gear. You CANNOT point to one part of ICE's gear and not the other Part, it's not fair and mean nothing.

I watched a Balance in PvP yesterday, that had 24 damage and 37 resist to all Schools. Wow, how unfair, the gear needs to be changed now, Balance can't have that kind of hitting power and 37% resist to all schools.
Key: Yes, when he added that resisit he lost his critical rating and it dropped back to the same level as Ice.

When you stated that "one school should not have to lose it's critical rating to boost another area of it's gear", it confused me.
Wow, that is what Level 58 Gear is all about, you can mix and match as you want. I can increase my Critical rating, but I lose all of my defense. It's the whole idea of Level 58 gear, but you want to go back to Level 48 or 50 gear, but with Higher values.
Trade off are all part of the design of Level 58 gear, confusing or not, it's the design. this is what makes the game so confusing to some, and why others love it so much.

The Wizards, gear and spells are all balanced, it's the players that are not......

Joseph LionHunter
Level 60 Ice.

Excellent points there Joseph. They keep comparing ICE to Life, now Myth!

Life can heal faster than Ice can cause Damage.
Myth can earthquake, medusa, stun, and have powerful minions

Also, both can use melt for 1 pip that dispels any ice magic. Sorry, but Ice would have to use a training point to dispel any myth or life spell and it would cost ice 2 pips.

I am out of cheese, so all I can suggest is that they go play "Go Fish" or "Old Maid" but as much as they complain, they will probably whine and say the other cheated or it's unfair. LOL

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
It is impossible to go into details about the schools spells and power. People say ice can do more damage then the other school because of their resist (This is true.) But then other people say life can heal (True also.) Though, not give values on healing and infection and all the spells of the school. Its almost impossible to make those values correspond to the gear values. Would each healing spell be worth 5% resist???
Now, I like to look at some strategies as "noob" strategies. All this means is a strategy that relies 100% on one thing. The reason why I use the word noob is because noob is short for newbie and when your new to the arena. You tend to treat your pvp opponents like pve bosses. For example, judgment:blade, blade, trap, trap, shield, shield, judge. When doing this rely on judgment. Now though, ice has a SUPER common "noob strategy." Super Boosting DOT attacks. Now this isn't a problem by itself but with ice's high health and resist, they can survive long enough to boost themselves to a HUGE amount, without critical. Now the biggest problem is that this is an easy thing to do, but it take LOTS of skill to defend it. Now judgement was the same way but it never got you past captain. But in 4v4 the "noob strategy" can take you all the way to commander, maybe even warlord.

P.S.
I don't want ice to be changed, just in my opinion it has a LITTLE advantage. I am not saying this because I constantly lose to them.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:
It is impossible to go into details about the schools spells and power. People say ice can do more damage then the other school because of their resist (This is true.) But then other people say life can heal (True also.) Though, not give values on healing and infection and all the spells of the school. Its almost impossible to make those values correspond to the gear values. Would each healing spell be worth 5% resist???
Now, I like to look at some strategies as "noob" strategies. All this means is a strategy that relies 100% on one thing. The reason why I use the word noob is because noob is short for newbie and when your new to the arena. You tend to treat your pvp opponents like pve bosses. For example, judgment:blade, blade, trap, trap, shield, shield, judge. When doing this rely on judgment. Now though, ice has a SUPER common "noob strategy." Super Boosting DOT attacks. Now this isn't a problem by itself but with ice's high health and resist, they can survive long enough to boost themselves to a HUGE amount, without critical. Now the biggest problem is that this is an easy thing to do, but it take LOTS of skill to defend it. Now judgement was the same way but it never got you past captain. But in 4v4 the "noob strategy" can take you all the way to commander, maybe even warlord.

P.S.
I don't want ice to be changed, just in my opinion it has a LITTLE advantage. I am not saying this because I constantly lose to them.

Solstice64,

I don't disagree with what you state, with the exception of that "Ice has an little advantage". In my eyes, Life, Balance, Fire and Myth have the little advantage.
(Add a 1 in 3 critical to each of the wizards below)...Fire has attack over time, with huge damage, Myth can take off every boost and shieild that I can put up, Life can keep bringing the team or themselves back out of the bobble head state over and over. Storm, when set up correctly, most seem to be using treasure cards, can hit at 100%, with huge attacks.

My brother is a Fire Wizard level 60, and he has been on a winning streak.
His myth wizard has been on a Winning streak, with only a few close battles that he has lost.
I'm Ice, and I can't seem to win, that tells me, it's all in the strategy......
and my strategy is not worth 2 cents... lol.

Joseph LionHunter,
Ice Level 60.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:

P.S.

Not exactly sure what you point is here, because it does not matter what school you are, strategies will change in PVP when you change from 1v1 to 2v2 to 3v3, or to 4v4. There is no possible way to keep the same exact strategy when you change the opponent factor.

Now, based on this information, lets take storm vs ice in the strategy scenario.

Storm gets 65% attack with 36% resist to ice and fire and yes, only 2300 health with the same pip ratio as ice, but has an accuracy of 95%

Ice gets 28% attack with 37% resist to all schools and 3600 health with the same pip ratio as storm, but only gets a 89% accuracy.

Yes, you are correct, Storm does not get any DOT spells, unless you have a storm hound and even then, that is only 1 time against 1 player! However, storm does get Tempest, Leviathan, and Storm Lord! Lets check these out shall we?

Tempest = 80 points of damage per pip
Storm Lord = 695 plus stun
Leviathan = 1030 plus removes 2 charms

Now, you can add in Garagantuan to any of these spells to increase base damage. So, with a 4 pip Tempest right off the bat, you can do:
320 + 225 = 545 + 65% = 899 off the bat, or 1798 if Critical
Storm also gets WildBolt which, as I have pointed out, if you add in gargantuan, you can hit for 235, 325, or 1225 = 65% meaning for 2 pips
388, 536, or 2021 in damage at a 95% accuracy rating! Now, if you critical this, that is 776,1072, or 4042 damage for only 2 pips! Add a 30% blade in there any time you like! Not even talking the other boosts or spells storm has! And if you use Leviathan, that removes any blades ICE may have put up!
1030+225+30% Storm Blade+25%Storm Trap+65% Damage Boost=
3365 for 8 pips! Darkwind and any other boosts not included! Now Subtract ice 37% resist you get 2120

Now, Lets look at Snow Angel for Ice, since everyone is saying that spell.
100+660/3 and taunt add in 225 for Gargantuan and add in 28% attack
215+770/3 + 45%IceBlade +40% IceBlade + 30% Trap I am even giving ice it's extra blade from the Amulet to prove to all the crying whining people that complain that they are wrong and have nothing to complain about!

726+2600/3 This is the damage Ice can do for 8 pips with these Blades

464+1664/3 With Storms Resist and no shields this is the damage
So, Snow angel does 2128 Damage with an extra 45% Blade & Taunts
Now Storm does 2120 without the extra blade and removes 2 charms

Yes, Ice has 1300 more health than storm has, but ice gets 1 bonus 45% blade, only 1. All other Boosts storm has, plus storm has windstorm, a boost no other school has and WildBolt! How much damage can ice do for 2 pips?

Now, If you want to compare other schools, Myth Has Earthquakes, so Ice does not get to use any blade bonuses. Life can heal 1000 per round. Death can attack and heal at same time and don't even get me started with Skeletal Dragon.

How can you people still have complaints? The only reason, is because you are either too lazy to form a strategy, or not smart enough to, because any school can beat any school. It is the player that is better, which is what PVP is all about.

Funny thing is, I don't think people realize that strategies change if you add more players into the mix.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010

Darthjt, I think it's funny how you compare ice to storm, one of the two schools that has resist to ice. So  should ice have universal resist because their attack spells are the weakest even with the mountain of health their gear provides? Let's apply the same question to storm, yes their attacks are the strongest but should they also have universal resist on level 58 because they have the lowest health in the game?Wild Bolt was changed because bad accuracy was no longer a shortcoming for Storm. Weak attacks are no longer a characteristic of ice when boosted and used in conjunction with gargantuan which makes amount of damage that Ice is able to do is a little too good for its unmatched resists. eople that say that ice is not overpowered because they beat a warlord ice once. When it is very easy to reach warlord on ice with the new gear from Private to warlord with minimal, or no losses. This is not to say it is impossible to win against Ice, but it is very clear that the easy way to get to Warlord is to level your Ice character to 60.

To Joseph, you mentioned that you fought a balance wizard with 35% universal resist which means he must have had commander gear on. Let's compare the two:

Arena gear is 22% damage. Ice is 28%
Arena gear: no critical damage Ice: 60
Arena gear: 35% resist Ice: 37%
Arena gear: no critical block Ice: 20
Arena gear reduces your HP by a lot. Ice gear increases HP.
Arena gear: Bought using arena tickets (150 wins) Ice gear: Bought at Bazaar.

First off,You say you are having a hard time with balance? That makes me not only question your strategy but also your opinion in this matter. Try this: Ice blade, treasure ice blade, elemental blade, treasure elemental blade, iceblade vial, 45% treasure balefrost, snow angel, snow angel.

Those who say ice had a disadvantage before celestia obviously never heard of digby strongheart and others who had ice down to a science at level 50. Now with 82% healing boosts provided from crafted gear and pets like spritely, the high health and unmatched resist, great boosts that make attacks average in terms of damage makes it difficult to beat ice from first and near impossible to claim victory from second. The gear is broken and those that claim it isn't are either too low in skill level or glossing over the facts.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Lion359 wrote:

Player #1.
Health, 3640
Attack boost, 34%.
Power Pip rating 80%

Player #2.
Health, 3120

Player 1.

Player2.

Joseph LionHunter
Level 60 Ice.

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! *Dances around in circles*

I knew that I was right! I just had no way to prove it! I can't do math as well as I can prove science, but I've found somebody who CAN do math as well as I do science! We should go around and prove all complainers wrong before it's too late!

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
OK people....... Here's my idea in my prespective.

When the game comes out

Fire: 1.12
Storm: 1.34
Ice: 0.89
Balance: 1
Myth: 1.002
Death: 0.74
Life: 0.903

When DragonSpyre comes out

Fire: 1
Storm: 1
Ice: 1
Balance: 1
Myth: 1
Death: 1
Life: 1

When GrizzleHeim comes out

Fire: 1.0000000000000000000000000001
Storm: 1.102
Ice: 0.99029
Balance: 0.9999989
Myth: 1.0000000000000000000000000000000000001
Death: 1.092
Life: 0.998

I gotta go I'll finish it later.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
travisAk wrote:

Darthjt, I think it's funny how you compare ice to storm, one of the two schools that has resist to ice.

Hello? McFly!
I have already compared and shown how equal Life and Myth are to ICE!

So  should ice have universal resist because their attack spells are the weakest even with the mountain of health their gear provides? Let's apply the same question to storm, yes their attacks are the strongest but should they also have universal resist on level 58 because they have the lowest health in the game?

Storm has stronger attack strength, better accuracy, and stronger spells! Also, all of Storms spells can use Gargantuan, same as ice, so not sure where you are going with the Gargantuan issue, because putting a gargantuan onto any spell of Storm, with storms already strong base strength, then heighten it by storms attack boost of 65% you totally outclass ice on any spell.

The only thing that keeps Ice in Balance with the game, is the fact that Ice does get universal resist and Higher health, but you can't seem to grasp basic concepts.

Wild Bolt was changed because bad accuracy was no longer a shortcoming for Storm. Weak attacks are no longer a characteristic of ice when boosted and used in conjunction with gargantuan which makes amount of damage that Ice is able to do is a little too good for its unmatched resists.

Once again, your rebuke is void, since every school can use gargantuan. The stronger the base stats of the spell and the stronger the base attack boosts are, the more damage the spell will do, once again leaving ice behind with ices 28% attack strength boost.

People that say that ice is not overpowered because they beat a warlord ice once. When it is very easy to reach warlord on ice with the new gear from Private to warlord with minimal, or no losses. This is not to say it is impossible to win against Ice, but it is very clear that the easy way to get to Warlord is to level your Ice character to 60.

Maybe because with ice, strategy almosts forms itself, since ice comes with storm/fire shields & Tower shields & steal wards + Blades and Traps + FrostBite. Yes, it is a bit easier when everything is given to you.

To Joseph, you mentioned that you fought a balance wizard with 35% universal resist which means he must have had commander gear on. Let's compare the two:

Arena gear is 22% damage. Ice is 28%
Arena gear: no critical damage Ice: 60
Arena gear: 35% resist Ice: 37%
Arena gear: no critical block Ice: 20
Arena gear reduces your HP by a lot. Ice gear increases HP.
Arena gear: Bought using arena tickets (150 wins) Ice gear: Bought at Bazaar.

Sorry, but once again, you show just how wrong you are! You keep showing what you want to show and not what is reality. Also, you are comparing a PvP only item vs the Best gear in the Game.

anyhow, Ice Critical gear only gives 30, not 60. Arena gear does not reduce your health at all. You also failed to mention that Arena gear boosts PP. So, don't quote things if you are going to leave stuff out, because it just goes to show you are grasping at straws and making your point null and void!

First off,You say you are having a hard time with balance? That makes me not only question your strategy but also your opinion in this matter. Try this: Ice blade, treasure ice blade, elemental blade, treasure elemental blade, iceblade vial, 45% treasure balefrost, snow angel, snow angel.

You do realize the iceblade vial is only one blade and does not always show up? You Do realize that fire can steal blades? Storm can remove them with Leviathan? Myth Can remove them all with Earthquake? Life can heal faster than you can do damage with Snow Angel! Death's Skeletal Dragon is almost 400 points more powerful than Ice's Snow Angel and would take less time and boosts to kill you with it! Heckhound does 130 damage per pip! Why must I continue to show you how mute your complaints are?

Those who say ice had a disadvantage before celestia obviously never heard of digby strongheart and others who had ice down to a science at level 50. Now with 82% healing boosts provided from crafted gear and pets like spritely, the high health and unmatched resist, great boosts that make attacks average in terms of damage makes it difficult to beat ice from first and near impossible to claim victory from second. The gear is broken and those that claim it isn't are either too low in skill level or glossing over the facts.

The only one glossing over the facts here, is you! Maybe KI will make new Arena Gear, maybe they wont, but that is your only true complaint, at one time, Arena Gear used to be powerful, now it is just, laughable!