Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

It won't hit over 1000

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 13, 2010
*Note: This is not a complaint, though it may sound like one, it is a concern!

In PvP, well anywhere all Level 58 Spells hit over 1000! But not Snow Angel! I've added it up. Even with One FireBlade Efreet does 1235! With One StormBlade over 1500 with Leviathan! I even have Ring of The WinterBite which gives plus 5+ Ice Damage. In total I have 34 Ice Damage. Even with Resist it still hits tons of damage on me or enemies! Sometimes Snow Angel will do 1000, but then Efreet does 2000 no block, resist doesn't matter, nothing! But I don't care about PVP for this just saying I know Ice is weak but it could at least do a bit more. :?

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
I understand what you mean cause i am a life myself. Life usually isnt that strong but your spell is a DoT, so first attack is weak the rest are usually strong. If you have time to add them up you can get over 1000.
P.S. you should get critical gear ... it really helps.

Andrew-Legendary Life, PvP warlord

Defender
May 30, 2009
SantaIceBurg wrote:

In PvP, well anywhere all Level 58 Spells hit over 1000! But not Snow Angel! I've added it up. Even with One FireBlade Efreet does 1235! With One StormBlade over 1500 with Leviathan! I even have Ring of The WinterBite which gives plus 5+ Ice Damage. In total I have 34 Ice Damage. Even with Resist it still hits tons of damage on me or enemies! Sometimes Snow Angel will do 1000, but then Efreet does 2000 no block, resist doesn't matter, nothing! But I don't care about PVP for this just saying I know Ice is weak but it could at least do a bit more. :?

I thought Snow Angel was a hit-all/d.o.t. attack? Leviathan and Efreet both only hit one enemy, so it would make sense that they would do that much damage. Plus, Ice spells don't do insanely high amounts of damage due to Ice's high hp and resists. Fire and Storm, on the other hand, need spells that do very high damage because of their low hp and resists.

-Jessica SkullSlinger

Explorer
Mar 04, 2009
SantaIceBurg wrote:

Snow Angel, as well as all Damage over time spells, does more damage than a single attack spell. However, as the damage is spread over 4 rounds, it will do much less per turn.

Mycin Darkcaller-Lvl58 Necromancer

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
You immediately nullified your complaint (yes, this is a complaint) by comparing Snow Angel with the other Rank 8 attacks. For the millionth time, Ice's style of combat if defense. That's why they have Distract and Taunt, that's why they have Tower Shield and Ice Armor, and that's also why their attack power is low. It always has been and it always will be.