Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagent Trouble: Scrap Iron

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 20, 2010
Ok, so here's the problem: I got a quest from Felicia Worthington in MB (Marleybone) shortly after arriving there. Of course, she gave me a crafting quest that requires a difficult to find reagent, called scrap iron. I've been on this quest for quite some time now (about two weeks!) and I've looked everywhere that I have access to in MB and I still can't find it! I managed to get a few pieces from the WC (Wizard City) Bazaar, and I only found it once and bought all that they had (it still isn't enough). I have a few questions about this reagent:
1) Is it rare? Will the Bazaar have it in stock again soon?
2) Why can't I find it anywhere? Is MB the wrong world?
3) Are there any vendors that sell it?
4) Do you have to beat a monster to get it? If so, which kind?
All help is greatly appricieated!

Rachel RavenTalon, Level 33 Myth

Hero
May 27, 2009
Scrap iron is found mainly in Marleybone, but can also now be found in the Floating Land of Celestia. It is not supposed to be a rare reagent, but what happens is that it is hard to see, because a lot of the places where it appears, it either blends in or is behind something else, like a crate or water tower. You didn't say how far you are into Marleybone, but you need to use the teleporters on whatever street you are currently working, and change realms, checking in the corners near boss hideouts, behind crates, etc. Once you have discovered a few pieces, it will get easier. If you have access to the Counterweights, then it is super easy to find - just go in and out.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Have some one to take you to counter weight west or east.
as soon as you go in the dungeon, look at your left and right for scrap iron.
Exit using the ENTRANCE of the dungeon
Repeat
Hope this helps

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Lizzi5093 wrote:
Ok, so here's the problem: I got a quest from Felicia Worthington in MB (Marleybone) shortly after arriving there. Of course, she gave me a crafting quest that requires a difficult to find reagent, called scrap iron. I've been on this quest for quite some time now (about two weeks!) and I've looked everywhere that I have access to in MB and I still can't find it! I managed to get a few pieces from the WC (Wizard City) Bazaar, and I only found it once and bought all that they had (it still isn't enough). I have a few questions about this reagent:

This is something that comes up frequently. It is something you must find in MB as a rare find, as it rarely goes on sale.
MB and CL are the only worlds with it.
As to why you can't find it...when are you trying? If you are trying when the game is busy, it will take forever. Do it in a game lull (I do it at 1 am game time as it is before bed for me, but you could get up early if you are on the east coast).
No vendors sell. Some plants in the garden drop. I know of no monsters outside of CL that drops.

My two favorite areas: Chelsea Court, take the first right, behind the skylights (3 locations) and Regent court (Run from near Felicia to near Sherlock's house, 5 locations). Just keep switching realms.

Now, there are other 'runs' around, and you can find many more either searching here, or going over to the lists on Wizard101 Central (see 'Wizard Community' tab to the left).

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
For whatever reason, scrap iron is very rare. I'm on my first character now and am in DS but I have been able to easily find all of the other harvested reagents.

So to answer your questions as best I can:

1) Yes it is very rare. The bazaar only carries items that other people have sold so it depends on if someone else has scrap iron to sell.
2) Scrap Iron is in high demand and people constantly farm for it so it doesn't stick around for long. MB is the ONLY world you can find scrap iron in.
3) No.
4) No, scrap iron will only be found laying around.

The best tip I can give you is go into the MB dungeons you have access to to find scrap iron. Dungeons are easier to find reagents in.

Hope that helps.

Delver
May 26, 2009
1. Scrap Iron is very rare, and the bazaar will almost never have it in stock. If you are that desperate for it, then I suggest camping out there.
2. Scrap Iron is most plentiful in MB, and like I said before, it is very rare. You will have some trouble finding it.
3. No vendor sells scrap iron, but Felicia Worthington sells a transmute recipe for it. It requires ten stone blocks and ten ores to make it. You need to be an Initiate Crafter to buy it, though, and I'm not sure if you are.
4. No monster drops scrap iron.

Scrap Iron can be found anywhere in MB; I spent about half an hour in Chelsea Court (using the 3 teleporters) and I got about 20 pieces. Also, if any of your other characters (if you have any more) have scrap iron, they can put it in the shared bank for you.

Hope I helped!

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
Lizzi5093 wrote:

go to the towers in Chealsea court and use teleporters. Keep changing realms after busing all three. Plenty in these areas

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Lizzi5093 wrote:

1. Extremly rare, probably not
2. Yes, MB is the right world, the only one that has I actually
3. Nopw, sadly
4. No, just collect it near the boss places

I haven't found enough scrap iron to do two items for that quest, and I'm almost done with Dragonspyre :(

Amber Stormsong level 47 master diviner

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
If you garden, plant pink dandelions. They sometimes give scrap iron. You can also find a scrap iron on first level of the counterweights. You can get quite a bit there by simply going in and out of that instance.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
I can accept that quest on my wizard who is done with mb now but i havent because im still waiting for the scrap iron. It seems (to me) that i get a lot more scrap iron when im not on the quest then when i am. Funny thing.......

Historian
May 01, 2010
i had the same problem when i was in mb... i just kept searching high and low(also look out for that mist thing that rises from reagents on the streets and in dungeons)

also if you are annoyed with this wait till you get to ms and ds 60 black lotuses in all i think i am still not done.

good luck happy hunting

Defender
Nov 20, 2010
Thanks to you guys, today I found my very first peice of scrap iron! I was so happy I ran here to post it. :P

Rachel RavenTalon, Level 34 Myth
"Myth is imagination. It is illusion, dreams made real."