Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A rant towards Wizard101.

AuthorMessage
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
This is a rant like I have never written before. And by rant, I mean rant. That is an understatement.

I just unlocked Celestia. Beautiful world. But...
what the heck?!

No wonder people are always complaining about "cheating bosses" or complaining about this and that.

I faced off against a rank 9 boss, and a rank 10 mob on the side, rescuing some poor kidnapped shmuck of a npc since you can do nothing else in the game in hopes to advance to higher levels.

They both instantly start with 6 pips (3 power pips) and Critical me with an ICE *kraken* (accuracy of Ice, power of Storm, go figure) and a Colossus. I did not even last 4 rounds. I believe my level 0 Living Puppet minion managed to do more damage than me, having to try to heal myself to stay alive longer than 2 rounds.

What the heck, Wizard101. I will say it again, no wonder people are always complaining about something. This CLINCHES it! Everything up to Dragonspyre was very tolerable, and very fairly solo'able and even kind of fun. But Celestia DESTROYS it!

So here I am sitting.... should I even bother to continue?
At first when I read the forums about people complaining about Celestia this, Celestia that, Celestia hard, I thought it was all blowing smoke. How wrong I was proven today. Is being defeated what you guys @ Wizard101 call fun? If your random encounters were worth even fighting, I'd grind myself to a higher level and get myself even stronger. (But ranting about it for YEARS obviously did not change anything, I won't hold my breath.) But there is no such thing as grinding in this game.

I realize you probably meant Celestia to be geared towards legendaries. Well, I have to GET to legendary FIRST before I even become *legendary.*

Wizard101... seriously.

This brings up a question to all those legendaries and professional wizards that obviously made it through Celestia.

Am I being in the wrong ranting about this? I mean, I am at a complete loss as how to progress through Celestia in my current situation.

-Myth wizards: What is your deck strategy? I got rid of all minions except my 0 pip living puppet (completely expendable) and blade, and offensive myth magic. The rest I use up for shields against the element I am facing. (Of course, we all know that is not necessarily what we will be defending against.)

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
I have seen people posting this before and as I have said before CELESTIA IS NOT MEANT TO BE SOLOABLE LIKE THE REST OF THE GAME IS. KI purposely made it extremely hard. It also makes you think up new strategies and decks. In my opinion, KI did a great job on Celestia, making it somewhat frustratingly hard, but easy enough to do with friends and some bosses able to be soloed.

Tip: The more wizards you have with you, the less likely it is that one of you will be defeated, as the enemies have different targets.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
You can't solo Celestia, you need at least 2 people to do any fight here.

Edit: I seem to have worded this wrong. I meant to say that Celestia isn't supposed to be a solo realm. Due to the huge increase is challenge from DS to CL, my belief is that realm 7 will have street fights with enemies that have a minimum of 1.8k health.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
I don't have a Myth wizard, so I can't give you any school specific help. I do know that in most cases, Celestia is noticeably easier if you go through with a group. If you tend to be on during busier times, you shouldn't have that much difficulty finding a realm with other players working on the same quests you are working on.

However, my best advice to you is the following:

Live through the first two rounds. The best method to do that is to shield, both school specific shields and by using the aura spell that also shields.

In a group situation, if everyone can live through the first two rounds, then hopefully everyone will be able to throw their GM spells (or highest level attack all) on the third or fourth rounds.

Of course, depending on the group, the dynamics could change a bit. With a healer in the group, health isn't much of an issue (or shouldn't be). Other schools will have their strengths and weaknesses as well.

I will also note that I found the first two sections of Celestia to be the hardest, by far. This also might depend on what level you are and what secondary spells you know. If you have PvP'd and have sufficient rank, there is a spell that I would definitely recommend learning. You can find it in Unicorn Way, from Diego the duel master. It is a bubble that blocks 90% critical attack and 90% stun. You will find it very useful in Celestia.

Try a couple of different things. Team up with other wizards in Celestia. I think that you will soon learn an effective strategy for you. :)

Delver
May 26, 2009
I soloed Celestia on my death character; he heals while attacking at the same time, making him very easy to control. The fights near the end of Celestia were extremely hard for him, though.

Your fight was just unlucky. One fight like that can't sum up your view of Celestia. Celestia is supposed to be the biggest challenge yet; some parts are easy and some are hard, which you'll see as you advance.

Deck setup is by far the most important thing you will need. Sorry I don't have any advice for you on a myth deck, but you should be able to easily break through all of those tower shields; trust me, there were tons.

Hope I helped in some way ;-)

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:
This is a rant like I have never written before. And by rant, I mean rant. That is an understatement.

I just unlocked Celestia. Beautiful world. But...
what the heck?!

No wonder people are always complaining about "cheating bosses" or complaining about this and that.

I faced off against a rank 9 boss, and a rank 10 mob on the side, rescuing some poor kidnapped shmuck of a npc since you can do nothing else in the game in hopes to advance to higher levels.

They both instantly start with 6 pips (3 power pips) and Critical me with an ICE *kraken* (accuracy of Ice, power of Storm, go figure) and a Colossus. I did not even last 4 rounds. I believe my level 0 Living Puppet minion managed to do more damage than me, having to try to heal myself to stay alive longer than 2 rounds.

What the heck, Wizard101. I will say it again, no wonder people are always complaining about something. This CLINCHES it! Everything up to Dragonspyre was very tolerable, and very fairly solo'able and even kind of fun. But Celestia DESTROYS it!

So here I am sitting.... should I even bother to continue?
At first when I read the forums about people complaining about Celestia this, Celestia that, Celestia hard, I thought it was all blowing smoke. How wrong I was proven today. Is being defeated what you guys @ Wizard101 call fun? If your random encounters were worth even fighting, I'd grind myself to a higher level and get myself even stronger. (But ranting about it for YEARS obviously did not change anything, I won't hold my breath.) But there is no such thing as grinding in this game.

I realize you probably meant Celestia to be geared towards legendaries. Well, I have to GET to legendary FIRST before I even become *legendary.*

Wizard101... seriously.

This brings up a question to all those legendaries and professional wizards that obviously made it through Celestia.

Am I being in the wrong ranting about this? I mean, I am at a complete loss as how to progress through Celestia in my current situation.

-Myth wizards: What is your deck strategy? I got rid of all minions except my 0 pip living puppet (completely expendable) and blade, and offensive myth magic. The rest I use up for shields against the element I am facing. (Of course, we all know that is not necessarily what we will be defending against.)

this world is designed to be played with freinds, in an effort to make the game a bet harder then i cream a rank nine boss with a rank 1 spell easy witch constant complainers like you have caused

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
Angelocean wrote:

i would recommend no less than 3 players, especially against Boss.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Yea, that is the idea I am getting.

Suggestion to Wizard101 staff: For those that are subscribers with open chat, include a special chat 'channel' that people can use to shout for help requests, or for members, for bosses, and dungeons and such.

Perhaps make a global 'dungeon' channel.

I reconfigured my spell deck for like the umpteenth time, and may have fine-tuned what works *most* of the time fairly efficiently against those uber powered mobs and encounters.

I do have to give KingsIsle credit for the beauty of it. I still just find it weird that after all this time, Celestia hits me like a brick wall. I will fight my way through that world just like everyone else did.

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
Angelocean wrote:

First of all NOT TRUE !!!!!

I have 3 legendary wizards fire/death balance/death life/ice
each came with challenges but I SOLOED 90%+ of Celestia on each one.

To answer your origional "rant" in questing those wizards there was battles where i lasted 1 round and did not get to cast even one spell it happens. That is what makes Celestia so much fun. It is the challenge of battling creatures that start out with so many pips.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2010
Angelocean wrote:

This is a fallacy. As a grandmaster life i have soloed up to Stormriven thus far with only small bits of help along the way with bosses.

What you need is a solid strategy, for me it involves carrying lots of healing and have equipment geared towards damage, so that when i do hit i hit hard. The fights usually take me some time to do alone, but i have died very few times.

I don't have a myth student yet, but i would suggest using sacrifice minion to get healed if you carry lots of the living puppets (as you say expendable). This game in particular encourages and rewards those that "think outside the box".

Hope that helps

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
I am a life wizard and I soloed most of the Celestia boss fights without any trouble, I just had to get used to it. I did think it was hard when I first started though.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
For those posting "I got my <school name> wizard through just fine", you have to remember that different areas are harder/easier depending on your school. Some schools just have an easier time soloing, especially in Celestia. Two schools that are remarkably easy to solo (even in Celestia) are death and life. It is not helpful or constructive to say, 'I soloed and it was easy'.

I'm glad you're giving it another shot Shiningfantasia. Having gone through Celestia with three different wizards now, I know it is very challenging. Especially the first two sections. I will just repeat though, I think the most important thing you can do, is put up a good defense. Make sure you use a really small deck so that you get the cards you need immediately.

I normally only have the following in my mob decks:

3 single blades, 2 multi blades, 3 gargantuan (damage boost), 4 shields (all of my wizards trained to tower shield and this is generally the shield I have in my deck), 2 amplify (boost damage), 2 fortify (shield) OR conviction (90% stun block & 90% critical attack block), 3 attack-all spells, 2 single-attack spells (highest level), 2 misc cards (my fire has 2 treant, my death has 2 feint, etc), reshuffle

[Also, don't forget about your treasure deck. This is a great place to keep spells that you need immediately, like heals. Until I learned treant on my fire, I always kept my deck stuffed with heal treasure cards.]

A couple of schools the deck would be slightly different, like my life wizard. I also keep multiple decks on all of my wizards, each setup for different situations. Generally - mob fight, boss fight, support deck (not all wizards will have a support deck; this would be for like life, balance, etc). Of course, your play style could be different from mine as well, causing your deck to be different.

I think the best way to set up the deck for you is to think about the cards you use most frequently. While it might be nice to have <insert spell name> in your deck, how frequently do you actually need/use that particular spell? I'm stressing this, because it took me a long time to convert to a short deck. I always liked having all of those options in my deck. However, the more options you have in your deck, the more unlikely you are to get what you need when you need it. :-)

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
Oh, how I miss 2 pip wands! In the beginning, hardly anyone was soloing. And we all died anyway. It wasn't for lack of strategy or anything. It was all new and unexpected. Once you go through Celestia, you know what to expect and it does get easier. Good luck questing!

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Gelwyn wrote:
If you have PvP'd and have sufficient rank, there is a spell that I would definitely recommend learning. You can find it in Unicorn Way, from Diego the duel master. It is a bubble that blocks 90% critical attack and 90% stun. You will find it very useful in Celestia.

That spell is Conviction. It is a great spell to add to the spell deck for travels in Celestia. It really is a lifesaver, since the bosses do sometimes stun and often hit critical :)

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
Forgot to add... We did have global chat on test when Grizzleheim came out. Although a good idea, it was confusing. We'd often find ourselves talking, but didn't know who we were talking to. It was funny although not helpful. :)

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Gelwyn wrote:
For those posting "I got my <school name> wizard through just fine", you have to remember that different areas are harder/easier depending on your school. Some schools just have an easier time soloing, especially in Celestia. Two schools that are remarkably easy to solo (even in Celestia) are death and life. It is not helpful or constructive to say, 'I soloed and it was easy'.

I liked reading your post Gelwyn, thank you.

Indeed, over the course of time, being forced to think a bit more tactfully, I minimized my deck to a mere 40 cards or so. I trained for the Tower Shield, and change out my shields according to which element mob I will end up fighting.

I am now level 57, and trudgingly working my way through dungeons and boss fights. I end up standing in front of dungeon or boss entrances, until people happen to come along, if the fights prove a bit too difficult for me.