Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feb 28th 2011 Miscellaneous Updates

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Crafting
Golden Pearls and Pearls will be slightly easier to find.
Arcane Ampule recipe now calls for Mutate Minotaur Treasure Cards, not Elucidite Treasure Cards
Celestian Stilletto recipe now calls for Giant Treasure Cards, not Simplify Treasure Cards

Pets
Ice Hounds will now cast their own spells, and won't make the player cast for them!
The Polar Cat now gives 1 Dragonblade Card as intended.
Jade Oni and Earthwalker pets will now have the chance of manifesting spells that match their school.

Mounts
The Charity Meowmodon has had its speed increased to 40% to match the other permanent mounts.

Housing
The Housing menu will now indicate how many free Housing slots you have.
Owners of the Castles & Lands that contain a PvP circle can now boot any players engaged in a duel in their house.
Players can no longer sell a house that still contains pets.
Grizzleheim wallpaper & tile are available at the Grizzleheim furniture store!

Spells
A new Treasure Card Pack has arrived in the Crowns Shop: The Hand of Doom Pack! Summon world bosses to fight at your side!
Efreet's Weakness effect can now be removed by Cleanse Charm
Level 60 Ice Henchman has an improved deck and will taunt less frequently.

Energy
So as not to confuse our new Wizards, the Energy globe will not appear until a player has a pet or completes the Gardening introduction quest.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
May 27, 2009
Thanks very much for the Grizzleheim wallpaper and flooring - they are all excellent. Congratulations Art Department!

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Will the myth-talent's already exhibited by the Jade Oni Pets be automatically converted into balance talents? If not, can we put in a request to have them converted or to get a new pet, especially those of us that paid Crowns for it??? Thanks.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Not sure about the golden pearls and pearls part. I have been farming stormriven and the portico for pearls to craft the observatory and there seems to be a paucity of pearls. Thing only thing noteworthy is that we are getting blacks pearls as well.

Um did you do something to stormriven hall? I noticed that the corals and plants are glowing. I didn't noticed that before.

And did you increase the level on gardening? because my experience bar is now empty and before it was full.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
gh wallpaper? woooah ill need that for my grizzleheim room lol :D :D :) :) :-) :-)

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
For some reason I was lvl 10 grandmaster gardner, and now the bar is gaining xp again

Also, my text count account cannot speak in caps, may just be a glitch

Administrator
jpd21 wrote:
For some reason I was lvl 10 grandmaster gardner, and now the bar is gaining xp again

Yes when we switched the gardening experience bar, we allowed it to show your experience to next level, however for Grandmasters, that's a little confusing. This issue will be addressed soon.

jpd21 wrote:

Not a bug, as intended. Caps have been removed from Text Chat to prevent players from exchanging personal information and using inappropriate language around the chat filters.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Oct 07, 2009
I find the gardening update more confusing. Having trouble seeing the little symbols as they have lost much contrast. The musical note is hardest for me to see. Also, I have had to re -log to harvest plants several times. Sometimes the plant to be harvested has wrong name.

More energy regen for members is awesome. However, now it seems that plant needs just crop up more often? Did this change as well? I wasn't able to get through a round of gardening on all except 2. Maybe just a fluke?

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008

jpd21 wrote:

Not a bug, as intended. Caps have been removed from Text Chat to prevent players from exchanging personal information and using inappropriate language around the chat filters.
That isn't fair to we that aren't bad! It could be a punishment for reports? My sister is in love with this game, me too! It was so fun! But this little change ruined it! A lot! i can't even say XD :( I capitalize the first letter of my sentance but guess what? not anymore. I could have open chat, but the parental pass isn't working. I tried sending it to my email but it's been a year or too and I've never gotten it. I've sent in reports but no one has helped me. Please find a way. let us say XD : D : P I: and maybe let the only caps in the sent be the first letter? just a thought.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
jpd21 wrote:

Not a bug, as intended. Caps have been removed from Text Chat to prevent players from exchanging personal information and using inappropriate language around the chat filters. no offense but I dissaprove of this idea. I can no longer say I correctly. I can also no longer say names correctly or make my favorite text faces such Aw A and :D. It really bugs me about this. I'm really hoping you'll change this! By the way I LOVE(can't put enphasis on any words without cops either ) the hand of doom pack!

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
jpd21 wrote:

Yes when we switched the gardening experience bar, we allowed it to show your experience to next level, however for Grandmasters, that's a little confusing. This issue will be addressed soon.

jpd21 wrote:

ok thank you!

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
jpd21 wrote:

jpd21 wrote:

Why does all the text chat players have to get punished because of a few rule breakers? Thats just not right.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I don't like how you guys changed the Caps key. I cannot Capitalize my sentences anymore. I am more disappointed about this than me dying in the game. :(

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
They really need to make finding black lotus and diamond easier to find. I am currently crafting in Dragonspyre, and I need to craft 2 rings, I need 40 lotus and 30 diamonds, both not easy to find.

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
the ice hound pet- do i understand this correctly? like the fierce hound (from epic bundle), who casts the heal whenever it feels like it- the ice hound will do the same but with the ice hound spell, no more spending 7 pips?

this would be AWESOME especially since this is the ONLY scholl hatched pet/hybrid that had to be epic before card kicked in - all others were at baby
yes- this is a different spell- but took forever to get to epic!

OK- has anyone notified the hounds yet? LOL my friend did the test realm with his ice and the hound didnt do it, and most of last night i played my ice and again, nothing

If this is supossed to work like this, i will train another ( have like 6 running in the kennels untrained)

thanks
kira of many legends

Administrator
KingsIsle’s commitment to maintaining a family friendly game and the increasing amount of players using the caps to talk around chat filters, it was deemed to be an appropriate action to remove the capitalization ability in the filtered chat. As long as you’re chatting appropriately and within the filters, there should be no issue with communications.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
KingsIsle’s commitment to maintaining a family friendly game and the increasing amount of players using the caps to talk around chat filters, it was deemed to be an appropriate action to remove the capitalization ability in the filtered chat. As long as you’re chatting appropriately and within the filters, there should be no issue with communications.
No offense but I think this decision just caused more problems then it solved

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
drifter5130 wrote:
No offense but I think this decision just caused more problems then it solved

I think that when you say 'problems', you mean 'complaints'. What problems could the removal of capitalization possibly create that aren't superficial? As Prof. Greyrose said, as long as you're speaking right, it shouldn't be a problem. Besides, the Professors are fixing the no-shift bug, so at the very least, we should be able to cap the first letter of our first word pretty soon. There's one of the REAL problems solved.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and Professional Talker

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
Firefrog16 wrote:
jpd21 wrote:

jpd21 wrote:

Why does all the text chat players have to get punished because of a few rule breakers? Thats just not right.

Yes, come on! Not everyone did something wrong, I posted something like this in the blog 'please please please' check it out if you want. Can you at least give us back our smiley faces? I miss them :(

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
gembff wrote:

jpd21 wrote:

That isn't fair to we that aren't bad! It could be a punishment for reports? My sister is in love with this game, me too! It was so fun! But this little change ruined it! A lot! i can't even say XD :( I capitalize the first letter of my sentance but guess what? not anymore. I could have open chat, but the parental pass isn't working. I tried sending it to my email but it's been a year or too and I've never gotten it. I've sent in reports but no one has helped me. Please find a way. let us say XD : D : P I: and maybe let the only caps in the sent be the first letter? just a thought.

I agree with that thought, my sis and I really like this game, besides the caps! That was the one thing that threw it off! I miss my smiley faces!! :(