Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gift Card= No text chat?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 05, 2010
I use gift cards from Best Buy to get my Wizard101 membership, and when I tryed to enable text chat, it said "This feature requires a subscription." But I have a subscription, so I'm kind of confused. I have a parental control password and everything, am I doing something wrong?

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
The same thing happened to me! i got excited because i got permisson for text chat and me and my dad last night tried to enable it. it wouldnt lets us and he singed up for a parental password. i relized you had to pay for a subsribtoin using a VALID credit card to use text or open chat. i guess you and i will have to change plans lol. ps. you did nothing wrong.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2008
You need a valid credit card on your account. I believe you need to buy a subscription or crowns, but I may be wrong. Maybe it is just have one on your account, but you will still need one for at least text chat.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
You need to be 13 years old or older to get text chat, you dont need a Gift Card.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
I use to pay with a card and i still got text chat but not open chat. To get text chat with a card you have to be 13 or older