Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells that are the same but one is stronger

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
O.K. so i play the game a notice a few deferences in spell cards. For an example i saw one player cast a frost beetle but its attack damage was 85-115 or something like that, it was stronger than a normal one. Now my question is there a way to increase the written amount of damage on spell card , i'm not talking about armor or traps. And it was NOT a treasure card. So any help please it would be very useful to know if it is possible since i'm a ice wizard.

Delver
May 26, 2009
Cards from amulets, clothing, or pets give higher attack points than normal cards.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
The cards from items or pets often do more damage. I would say that is why the damage was more.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Well, some spell cards are stronger if they are not in your school of focus.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Do you remember your first wand? It had all the level 1 spells of the other schools. If you go to the teachers and compare the damage, the wand's power is stronger. The spells from equipment are stronger than learned spells.

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
He used a tough (or a similar card) to increase its attack power. When these are cast, they don't appear to be treasures or any different from normal cards.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
There are many different reasons for this. Sometimes cards are just plain stronger for no reason. Sometimes they have boosts on others. Other times they have powerups, or Tough, as one said. And still other times, spells from equipment and pets are stronger as stated before. :D