Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Expanding Wizard City

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
Hello,
This is Angel,
I have been pondering on this idea for some time now and I thought I would share it to see what others think. Now for all those who have played this incredible game at first without the subscription/crowns and then has gone beyond that point to other worlds, knows that for the outstanding potential that this game has, the beginning could be a little larger and longer to keep players more interested and give them more to do with a few more quests. So my proposition is to expand wizard city a little bit, and i think i have the ideal place to do it. Wizard City expands in every direction, (starting in the commons porting place) unicorn way to the west, you have the library, pet place, and shopping district to the north, and then there is the headmasters house and the fairgrounds....But to the south behind the tower there is room to expand (put another street/area). My thought was to make a pathway up into the mountains, allowing non-subscribers to have a little more room.
This mountain region could maybe even have some never before seen creachers, like more flying creatures or rock creatures (simple ideas that were just off the top of my head) but all-the-same just a new place for new wizards to venture. This new street could be for those wizards who are at that level where they don't have any more quests that they can get to but they can still level up to the maximum level they can get to without having to pain-steakingly fight very low rank monsters to level up (I think the maximum level is around level 21, not completely sure off the top of my head).
Please leave insightful comments if you wish to add on, tell me if it is a bad idea if you wish but explain why please, same goes for if you wish to tell me if is'nt that bad of an idea.
I am hoping that I can get feedback from one of our teachers to let me know if the idea is out of the question or not.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Is it that you like the world or what? There are a lot of play areas...why expand the first world when all you have to do is advance?

If you are asking for more 'free to play' areas, No, just no!!!!

We need to expand play areas in new, thoughtful ways that expand the wonder of the game. Each new world expands or initiates a new story line. More new areas in WC wouldn't fit.

Think about when they added Crab alley...it felt strange and didn't fit in with the flow.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2009
I like the idea.. Really, I do.. But the Level Requirement.. Well, at like 10 or 11 you can go to Cololuss Boulvard right? So why not Lvl 14 or 15?

Street : Mountain Edge

Monsters :
1. Mountain Warrior - Rank 2 Elite - Balance - 275 Health
2. Mountain Archer - Rank 2 Elite - Life - 305 Health
3. Flying Rock Monkey - Rank 3 - Balance - 325 Health
4. Pilot Rock Monkey - Rank 3 - Balance - 345 Health

Bosses :
1. Mountain King - Rank 3 Boss ( Main Boss ) - Balance - 570 Health - Mountain Archer ( Minion )
2. Prince Edge - Rank 3 Boss - Balance - 590 Health - Mountain Warrior ( Minion )
3. Pilot Rock - Rank 3 Boss - Life - 620 Health - Flying Rock Monkey ( Minion )

Number of Monsters per Battle : 2

Number of Quests : 11 - 24

John Thundercaster ~ Fire, Life, and Ice
Lvl 39

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
Sorry – Please no more free areas.

What incentive would KI have to develop an area that would not benefit them financially? People have to eat and pay bills and that includes the employees of KI.

Paying players are the ones who have a vested interest in the game and should reap the benefits of that investment. Non-paying players contribute nothing to the financial success of the game or to its development. KI has supplied a free area to the non-paying players to let them experience a portion of the game to entice them to “buy” into the game.

Concerning the expansion of Wizard City, I would rather have KI develop new worlds and storylines for paying players to experience. These new worlds provide entertainment for the players and financial benefits for KI to stay in business.

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
It wouldnt work except if you added a stroyline like ambrose and the teachers decide to make a training place for new wizards so they can get up levels or learn tactics , combos etc.

but otherwise good idea and remember that KI need the money to carry on making the game if they didnt get subscribers no more wiz 101

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
need more servers to allow more free to play players roam around more openly. Right now they're fighting to just get a spot. It is very very crowded these days in Wizard City. Maybe even readjust the number of servers based on areas in the game you might find yourself. Not sure if that would be a way to rearrange the current servers to manage the load more efficiently.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
StormWizard1201 wrote:
I like the idea.. Really, I do.. But the Level Requirement.. Well, at like 10 or 11 you can go to Cololuss Boulvard right? So why not Lvl 14 or 15?

Street : Mountain Edge

Monsters :
1. Mountain Warrior - Rank 2 Elite - Balance - 275 Health
2. Mountain Archer - Rank 2 Elite - Life - 305 Health
3. Flying Rock Monkey - Rank 3 - Balance - 325 Health
4. Pilot Rock Monkey - Rank 3 - Balance - 345 Health

Bosses :
1. Mountain King - Rank 3 Boss ( Main Boss ) - Balance - 570 Health - Mountain Archer ( Minion )
2. Prince Edge - Rank 3 Boss - Balance - 590 Health - Mountain Warrior ( Minion )
3. Pilot Rock - Rank 3 Boss - Life - 620 Health - Flying Rock Monkey ( Minion )

Number of Monsters per Battle : 2

Number of Quests : 11 - 24

John Thundercaster ~ Fire, Life, and Ice
Lvl 39

I have to say, I really like all these ideas and if KI does even consider this idea i think these are good contributions to the idea. Though through other comments, I now have taken into consideration that KI might not want to make something that will not bring in profit, so if they they dont like the idea of expanding Wizard City for lower levels, why don't they loop the story line back to existing worlds with new places? In doing this they would save time in creating a whole new world with new themes, backrounds, etc. KI could just expand apon the existing worlds, this way they can keep old themes (for the most part) and make maybe new creachers/quests and if we are lucky maybe even get a new spell that KI might think of along the way (one of those spells that you dont get from a teacher)....that is probebly pushing our luck though.