Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

matches with legendarys vs low levels

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
Ok, I understand the matching system, and the 2v2 and up matching system, but my problem is when the game matches you up with legendary wizards and you are level 40/30 or below. Regardless of your rank, these types of matches are totally unfair. A wizard, even a warlord, does not have much of a chance against a legendary wizard, much less 2 of them when your team composes wizards of level 32 and below. The matching system should be configured to not allow legendary's to battle against wizards below a certain level regardless of how many folks are online. There has been much abuse of legendary's teaming up with level 15 and below so that they will have easy matches and rank up. very difficult for the opposing team even if they are warlord, because of the way the matching system evens out the players, the opposing team is usually a low level 30 and a 20+ and they have no chance against even one legend. Please fix this minor fluke in the system.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
I like that idea too. I was watching my friend on like level 30 pvp and he faced i think like a 40 and i was CONFUSED! xD.
that was in the old times now i happy :-D

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
thats only in PRACTICE pvp NOT ranked

Not true. This type of matching happens in Ranked all the time. I pretty much only do ranked and it happens to my level 20 and my friends level 31 all the time. Just right now I am waiting for a ranked PVP match and I decided to check the playing matches to watch and low and behold!, there was a Legend with a level 6 partner against a level 17 and level 24 team! tell me how fair that is? Even if both the 17 and 24 were warlord they can not beat a legendary at their health and pips status. I am not saying it is not impossible, but highly unlikely. And, I personally believe that the legends do this on purpose as a means to rank up easily. They either start another character on another account for this purpose or team up with a friends low level. The system should have a level limit on rankings with legends so this type of abuse (yes another type of abuse of the system) does not occur.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I hate it when I get put in the ring with a low level player. I feel so bad for them because I know they can't win. One poor guy didn't even try, he just fled. Fortunately, that was only prcatice. But I think from now on, when that happens, I'm gonna try to teach the opponent how to pvp, rather than just defeat him and leave.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
IvoryJade wrote:
I hate it when I get put in the ring with a low level player. I feel so bad for them because I know they can't win. One poor guy didn't even try, he just fled. Fortunately, that was only prcatice. But I think from now on, when that happens, I'm gonna try to teach the opponent how to pvp, rather than just defeat him and leave.

I would at least tell him not to flee, because if you stay and lose you actually will get some tickets. Whereas, if you flee you get 0. I start pvp with my low levels, at level 4, knowing that I will not win, but winning isnt the point at that level anyway, my goal is to collect tickets so that when I finally level up enough to rank up, I will have the tickets I want to buy gear.

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
I posted about the same issue just hours before you did. I agree. The PVP match system needs to be looked at because really, the PVP matches are good fun when like teams are put against one another.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
WillSeitz wrote:
I like that idea too. I was watching my friend on like level 30 pvp and he faced i think like a 40 and i was CONFUSED! xD.
that was in the old times now i happy :-D
Yeah I was doing 2v2 with my lvl 9 friend so we faced 2 lvl 5's xD

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
EvilDroid wrote:
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
thats only in PRACTICE pvp NOT ranked

Not true. This type of matching happens in Ranked all the time. I pretty much only do ranked and it happens to my level 20 and my friends level 31 all the time. Just right now I am waiting for a ranked PVP match and I decided to check the playing matches to watch and low and behold!, there was a Legend with a level 6 partner against a level 17 and level 24 team! tell me how fair that is? Even if both the 17 and 24 were warlord they can not beat a legendary at their health and pips status. I am not saying it is not impossible, but highly unlikely. And, I personally believe that the legends do this on purpose as a means to rank up easily. They either start another character on another account for this purpose or team up with a friends low level. The system should have a level limit on rankings with legends so this type of abuse (yes another type of abuse of the system) does not occur.

yea this happens in 2v2 when a noob makes the match and there a legend on the team. but it takes a REALLY LONG time to find a match, trust me i've used lots of noobs for that then just deleted them when they said no to a pvp

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
The real unfair thing is in 2v2 when a low level friends with a legend or grand and you are in mangus or near there it makes it really diffucult and it makes every one mad i think that they shouldn't be able to pvp with them unless they are the same level and p.s. MYTH
RULES Alejandro Soulstrider
Mangus level 36 Myth

Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
DavidStrongHunter1.

I hope you come across my Magus team when you pair up with your low level.

We have lost a total of 2 matches against that combo. We have built a strategy to win against those combos. My record for the year against those is somewhere around 37-2. The only 2 losses came against back to back Critical hits.

Bring it!

and BTW, that is a cheap way to TRY to win. All it shows is your inability to win on your own or against like opponents.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
there definetly should be something done with this noob and legend pvp especially when your low lvled wizards with a very high rank (me) :P its nearly impossible for lower lvls to beat them. this type of pvping must STOP!!
many people lose their rank they worked for to lose to very low ranked legends with their noobs just to gain rank

Liam OgreWraith warlord myth lvl16

Survivor
May 10, 2009
If this sounds mean sry i didn't try to sound mean but the matching system is completely fair cause yes sometimes it makes low levels fight higher ones but most of the time it depends on one thing, the time to find opponents. KI doesn't want to make you wait hours on end just to fight one matchg so the longer it takes the more far spread the level in power will be.
My suggestion is if you feel it has taken you a while to start a match remake it or else chances are it will be unfair

Kevin Gianthammer level 60 storm, 42 balance, Jack ash 27 myth. 2 year anniversary playing wizard101

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
This happens to me all the time.

My level 33 captain is always put up against low ranked privates that are level 45+. I was once matched against a level 54 Pyromancer!

The worst part is that if I win, which rarely happens, I will only get 2-5 rank, but if I lose, I lose 30+ rank! It's not fair, and it makes it extremely hard for mid level players to get to and maintain higher ranks.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
It does happen in ranked. At level 26 or so, I had a pvp ranking of 700. After getting ganged up on by a couple of lvl 48 (i think, they had Nova) it dropped to 390 after 4 fights. Sad. I ended up getting it back to about 550, but it's still sad.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2010
Yea i do agree, even though im a legendary i wish they would put some of the lower levels in the correct sopt so they dont have to face up with the legendarys they should face up against there own level or something around there level.. Cause i mean i dont want them loosing all the time and loose some of the points they earned in earlier battles with there same type of level ..... I so understand where you are coming from, it really isnt fair to any of them who want to make it to the highest rank in the pvp... :? Maybe they coudl but the rank on the ranked pvp and that way they dont have to get put with the higher levels...

Alexandria
lvl 60 Ice

Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
I agree. My friend and I both have level 30 myths and over the last three days we have lost over 100 points to people teaming up with low levels. I would rather the game say nobody is online to play against me then go against level 60. Its not fair that they are cheating and getting my hard earn honest pvp points.