Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

didnt get critical ability

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
hey all

i didnt get critical ability and i did talk ot deago the duel master about him training me to perform the critical but i never got to do it and now i am in stormriven and cant beat the celestian remnants without critical HELP PLEASE

Please read the information on the Critical and Block system here:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/25450.ftl

The Critical and Block system is an addition to the existing dueling system that allows players to perform Critical Hits on opponents and avoid incoming Critical Hits. This will give players new strategies and defenses in combat and new ways to further build up their Wizard!

You'll notice your character sheet has changed a little. Press C to see a new character statistics panel

The two new stats being added to the game are called Critical Hit Rating and Block Rating

Critical Hit Rating increase the player's chance of getting a critical hit.
Block Rating increases the player's chance of avoiding incoming critical hits.
Players will gain Critical Hit and Block bonuses from equipment.

The chance for a critical hit or a block is calculated AFTER fizzle and accuracy. When a spell fizzles no calculation for critical hit or block is made.
Charms, Enchantments, Wards, Manipulations and Globals are not subject to the Block / Critical system. Heals cannot be Blocked, but they can Critical!

You will also notice with these Critical and Block Statistics, that the Combat Rating System displays as a numeric value and not a percentage.
Equipment will have values of "+14 Block Rating" as opposed to the "+1% Block" style of statistic you are accustomed to seeing.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
thatrel123 wrote:
hey all

i didnt get critical ability and i did talk ot deago the duel master about him training me to perform the critical but i never got to do it and now i am in stormriven and cant beat the celestian remnants without critical HELP PLEASE

The only way to get this is to wear equipment with it or to use the star spell.

The first place you can get it is from the hat you recieved from the training. Eventually, if you wish, you can even craft clothing with it (the level 55 clothing, with the wand you get from a side quest in Stormriven Hall, can boost your crit chance to 140 for some schools (fire is one of these), or other items can spread this out (my balance has 60 crit rating in all catagories, so I can do the elementals as well as balance), etc.

Best thing to do is to go to the Bazaar and look at the level 50+ hats, boots and coats...and wands.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
U are suposed to get a hat from degio the dule master when u are lvl 50 and that is supposed to get u started on your critical ability. HOPED THAT HELPED. :D

Michael ThunderHeart lvl 59 Grandmaster Diviner (Storm)

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
It has to be higher chances. I got sixty of chances of critical. :D :D :D :D