Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas! *Feel free to add!*

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2008
Some cool ideas i had:

You know all the empty houses on the streets? I think it would be cool if you could get one.(Like buying it or getting to for free ) I think it would be so HOT to leave in Firecat Ally or so COOL to live on Collous Bolavard(Know i spelt that wrong LOL), mostly with those Gobblers! Eating the roofs!

Could you make it so you can trade clothes not just Treasure Cards? So if i get something for another school i don't have to just sell it. I could trade it my friend who is the same school(Like Life to my friend Brooke Frostsong!)

Staff if you could add that it would be SO COOL!( and HOT! LOL)

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I like the idea of setting up or moving elsewhere. It could essentially become your new dorm, and the dorm teleport would teleport you to your new house instead of Ravenwood.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
I agree I wish there was some kind of commerce in the game. buying and selling equipment/cards would be perfect

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
There are far too many players for all the houses in this game!

If they made a big area with many houses that players could have.. that wouldn't work too well either.
There would be so many houses because of the large amount of players and it would be one big mess.
Not to mention a bunch of computer lag.

So I think if they wanted to add a successful player owned house system they should do it like this:

First.. I think it should be in it's own separate world.
In this world there could be a main town maybe.. kind of like what would serve as the lobby of the world and then there could be a place you go into and only you can see the house in it but you could easily invite friends in your house by having them teleport to you and whatnot.
By this I mean if you and a friend walked into this area you wouldn't see each other. You'd both be in your own place that only you can get to by walking in there. It'd be your own house and this would work the same way with every player. To have someone actually come to your house instead of going into theirs, they would have to teleport to you or something. You know.. like, they would be instanced.
Maybe there could be a few different ways to go from the main part of town.. and you could select where you'd go to go to your house.
Perhaps there would be areas that resembled each world and you would go to those maps and then go into a portal or something that led to your house.
Inside the house it would look the way the previous map did.. still resembling the world.
Kind of like themed-maps.
Then in the main part of town there could be a building.. kind of like the building that runs the place. Like a landlord would be in there and you would speak to him for things like changing what portal your house would be behind.. the four options being the four worlds the maps resemble.
Maybe there could then be more modifications to it.
Example.. if you wanted your house to look like a Wizard City-type area.. then you could also make it appear as some of the areas.. like.. it could look like the main town, cyclops lane, collosus bullivard.. things like that.
You could also speak to him for modifcations on your house like the size and such.. of course it should cost gold to expand it :P

but yeah..
just letting some of my ideas flow. :-)

edit:
Also.
I have another idea I forgot to include.
Well you see..
We're wizards and go to school.
Why would we have our own house?
What I think would be nice is to maybe have huge dormitories!
I don't want to point out the name of this but you guys have seen that popular wizard movie.. if you know what I'm talking about.
They have big dorms on there with enough room for the whole class.
Maybe we could have big dorms like this and they could possibly be separated by the 7 classes and then by gender.
I've always wanted to walk around in a big dorm in the world of Wizard101.
Something like that I guess!

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
gotscoolshoes wrote:
but because of how many players there are there would be so many houses because of the large amount of players and it would be one big mess.

That's why most games with player housing make it instanced--like the dorms are now. Indeed, that's kind of your house right now, though you can't customize it much.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
^
Yes.
That's exactly what I said on the other way to do the houses.
A place that you would go in and if someone else went into the same area then they would see instead of your house, theirs and could only see yours by teleporting to you.
This way they wouldn't have to have actual houses everywhere for people to choose from but a way where they would never run out of them or lag.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
I would absolutely LOVE player housing or dorms! Well, more personalized dorms. The only thing you can do in them now is for the bank, but it would be awesome if you could buy things for your dorm!

There would be a magazine or something inside your dorm, and if you interact with it, it would bring up a weekly/monthly showing of items that you could buy for gold. Most of these would be for show, although some could maybe have a purpose.

Whatever it is, I want it!

Survivor
Aug 20, 2008
I think every house and building should have a purpose other than extending the length of a street. But it would be really hard to add tasks to use every one.

Having your own house would be nice but there would also have to be instanced neighborhoods because there are too many subscribed players.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
we dont have dormitories but we have a boy and girl dormitory rooms.

its like everyone in wizard 101 has to share the same room!!

someone is always in my room putting stuff in the bank
why cant we have our OWN dormitory room

Defender
Sep 28, 2008
Can the chests in our dorm rooms, which I look forward to getting out of soon, be linked together. If so, you would need to have only enough space for two chests as they would be linked and available to all your characters on your account. ie. all your characters share one chest and can withdraw or add items as desired.

Say each chest requires 500 megs of space. Thats 3 gigs per account. There are six characters allowed. If you linked the chests, that saves 2 gigs of space per account. Taking those 2 gigs and then turning them into alternative living spaces for say our higher ranking wizards as they are no longer in school and are not required to live in a dorm.

When was the last time your buddy at work said "Come on by my dorm room after work and my wife will cook supper for us." ? If you have made it that high in the game then other living spaces are required and requested.

Back to the chests. Okay, so we have saved 2 gigs per account. So what. Okay, take those 2 gigs and multiply that by the number of accounts there are. Even at 1000 (one thousand) accounts thats 2000 gigs, or two Tera bytes. That is all now free space to add worlds and or houses and or additional items and the list goes on.

This is a viable alternative to a free market items sharing trade and will allow all to benefit as well. The linked chests that is. The other is a dream we all have at some point in the game lol.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2008
you should be able to trade items in stead of just treasure cards. like if some one needed help on a quest you can trade gold to do a quest for them.Also you could trade clothing items instead of selling it you can get a
cloak form friend and then give the class colak you can't use give to your friend. that wolud be so awesome

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
MasterCowboy wrote:
Say each chest requires 500 megs of space.

You're off by several orders of magnitude there. Keeping track of what a player has in storage does not take 500 megabytes. If we assume 65536 possible items in the game (the actual number is vastly lower than this) and 256 possible color combinations for each item (some items obviously don't have this), then that's 300 bytes for a character's storage. Now, they may not be that efficient about it, and even if they are, database backups and the like would mean several times that space used. But the sort of database size improvements you're imagining aren't possible.

NicolaRain wrote:
Several hard quests for rare spells that anyone can do and maybe have level restrictions on them to begin. Example would be like a final battle against 4 bosses that would be impossible to do alone.

Let's not turn this into an epic raiding game. Some people came here to get away from that.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
i think that maybe the administrators should add two more tabs to the quests menu. One should be with all the quests that you have completed caterogized by worlds and another with available quest that the player has yet to do. With this theory, the player can achieve more if they are prone to questing. I believe that this would increase overall playablility.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
I think when you verse someone in PvP or anything else you should get experience.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2008
To Whom it may concern,
I have been playing for two months now and recently discovered that it is possible to max out your levels. I only found this out after going to the new realm. Why would you make it possible to get to a new world but not increase your stats. I guess my question is why should i continue to play with no gain.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
If you like the content, there's your reason to play. If you don't like the content, then you don't have a reason to play even if you do level up. What good is it to be high level in a game you hate?

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Okay, you all have great ideas and I love them all. But the dorms are missing many things. I think wizard 101 needs their dorms to be more like the houses on runescape, with the having vistors, adding your own personalization to the place, and putting up your crest (it could be your school shield.) I also think having roommates might work. Also the idea of having the dorms separated by school is great, it would be just like hogwarts from harry potter. Wait, an idea just popped into my head, partys, you could invite friends to the dorm and party away with multi player games, dueling, and an ingame blog!

-drewgon11,
andrew duskbringer

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
if it was up to me, i would move into Triton avenue or buy out the death tower. Some of the shoppes in the shopping district could be mushed together and empty shops can be used to sell furni, wallpaper, and you could even buy upgrades like stories and rooms. Maybe, if you want to log off you can put your wizard in sleep mode on your bed and all of your health and mana will be restored in half an hour while you do whatever, Making it so it restoed when you logged off would be a highly abused system. Also, i would be cool if we just got to decorate our dorms

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
gotscoolshoes wrote:
There are far too many players for all the houses in this game!

If they made a big area with many houses that players could have.. that wouldn't work too well either.
There would be so many houses because of the large amount of players and it would be one big mess.

So I think if they wanted to add a successful player owned house system they should do it like this:

First.. I think it should be in it's own separate world.
In this world there could be a main town maybe.. kind of like what would serve as the lobby of the world and then there could be a place you go into and only you can see the house in it but you could easily invite friends in your house by having them teleport to you and whatnot.
By this I mean if you and a friend walked into this area you wouldn't see each other. You'd both be in your own place that only you can get to by walking in there. It'd be your own house and this would work the same way with every player. To have someone actually come to your house instead of going into theirs, they would have to teleport to you or something. You know.. like, they would be instanced.
Maybe there could be a few different ways to go from the main part of town.. and you could select where you'd go to go to your house.
Perhaps there would be areas that resembled each world and you would go to those maps and then go into a portal or something that led to your house.
Inside the house it would look the way the previous map did.. still resembling the world.
Kind of like themed-maps.
Then in the main part of town there could be a building.. kind of like the building that runs the place. Like a landlord would be in there and you would speak to him for things like changing what portal your house would be behind.. the four options being the four worlds the maps resemble.
Maybe there could then be more modifications to it.
Example.. if you wanted your house to look like a Wizard City-type area.. then you could also make it appear as some of the areas.. like.. it could look like the main town, cyclops lane, collosus bullivard.. things like that.
You could also speak to him for modifcations on your house like the size and such.. of course it should cost gold to expand it :P

but yeah..
just letting some of my ideas flow. :-)

edit:
Also.
I have another idea I forgot to include.
Well you see..
We're wizards and go to school.
Why would we have our own house?
What I think would be nice is to maybe have huge dormitories!
I don't want to point out the name of this but you guys have seen that popular wizard movie.. if you know what I'm talking about.
They have big dorms on there with enough room for the whole class.
Maybe we could have big dorms like this and they could possibly be separated by the 7 classes and then by gender.
I've always wanted to walk around in a big dorm in the world of Wizard101.
Something like that I guess!

Lol, long post. I find that idea very good. if we combined our ideas together i think we will have a winner. Also, maybe instead of moving into streets you could buy room pacages like, a fire home, or a death home, or a triton home, and it would be preset decorated to that theme but then you could change it around

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
drewgon11 wrote:
Okay, you all have great ideas and I love them all. But the dorms are missing many things. I think wizard 101 needs their dorms to be more like the houses on runescape, with the having vistors, adding your own personalization to the place, and putting up your crest (it could be your school shield.) I also think having roommates might work. Also the idea of having the dorms separated by school is great, it would be just like hogwarts from harry potter. Wait, an idea just popped into my head, partys, you could invite friends to the dorm and party away with multi player games, dueling, and an ingame blog!

-drewgon11,
andrew duskbringer

Looove it!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I think it would be awesome to be able to trade clothing like robes wands etc. because this is some stuff i don't need but my friends could use and if you could sell them for a price

Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
how about a street for every school like death street where all the death students live that would be cool and we can invite people to our house so we can have cool party's yeah that would be awesome think about it 8)

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
I agree completly, just have an instanced level in every world and you could go in and all these houses that players can buy for thier own, but maybe the idea for this is, the house itself costs crowns, and remodeling it costs gold, but i'd love this idea of player owned houses. 8)

Justin DragonBlood Level36 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Oct 29, 2008
Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
I think they need to have something like a raid. I haven't completed the main quest, but, at least the Jade Oni (I think it's called that anyways), because I have seen him on youtube, kinda looks off because he's an only boss, and he's only on one side, and not in the middle. That would be a nice touch, so it looks like he's taking on the whole group. sorry, trailed off for a bit, what a meant was like having 8 people challenge an extremely tough boss, within a modified dueling circle. Or you can do something Toon Town did with the cog bosses.