Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea for Family Accounts!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
Sometimes a family might want to share a castle and decorate it in combined effort...

It would be really nice for family accounts to be able to use the same castle and teleport there with the HOME button. Now I understand that Wizard makes a profit from housing so I suggest maybe 1/4-1/5 crown prize for a Resident Deed to a Castle that your family owns.

For example: Dad buys a castle for 10,000 crowns and wants to share it with wife, son and daughter...

Each of the sub-account would then pay 2,000 to 2,500 crowns to gain access to the castle and be able to place housing items inside. The total limit of items inside/outside the castle will remain the same so the Castle won't be too crowded.

This creates a very interesting aspect of the game where a family could decorate a house together... Like maybe the daughter would like to decorate her room a bit differently. The son might want to be the gardener of the Castle... It's just really "pointless" to have a nice castle if you are the only one with regular access to it. Other than inviting friends over (and do what? hang out instead of PvP or questing? It seems pointless)

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
Looks like you put some thought into the idea, and why they wouldn't approve it and why they would approve it. I like the idea and give you a big thumbs UP. I think the problem with it though is they want to make everyone pay the same price for each house you would have access to thus increasing their overall profit. So might want to recommend ways to allow or deny this. Example would be the person sharing the castle with someone on the family account must also have a castle of the same price to share. Just a thought. This would ensure that they're not loosing money by sharing with multiple accounts. Also might try and be able to share with alternate wizards on the same account would be nice also.

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
danton1983 wrote:
Looks like you put some thought into the idea, and why they wouldn't approve it and why they would approve it. I like the idea and give you a big thumbs UP. I think the problem with it though is they want to make everyone pay the same price for each house you would have access to thus increasing their overall profit. So might want to recommend ways to allow or deny this. Example would be the person sharing the castle with someone on the family account must also have a castle of the same price to share. Just a thought. This would ensure that they're not loosing money by sharing with multiple accounts. Also might try and be able to share with alternate wizards on the same account would be nice also.

Thanks for the support !

I think this is similar to the idea of having sales in real life. Allowing families to share a castle at a discounted price will encourage sales in volume greatly --- I believe much greater than the net loss.

1) There is a 25% crown fees simply for home-access to the castle... This is not the same as owning one. A lot of people would still want to own one of their own, especially since total item count in/out of the castle remains the same even with 3-4 residents.

2) A lot of people simply do not buy crown castles... But these people will buy gold castles. In fact, it might generate a net income if these residency-deed always cost Crowns even for Gold castles (at 1:2, crown:gold ratio?) Example: a 10,000 Gold house's residency-deed will cost 25%, thus 2500 gold, which translates to 1250 crowns.

3) General and overall improvement to the game. I believe this is THE most important aspect. If you make a good game with nice features, people will pay. They could easily charge players 100 crown per mana point or something that seems like it will make a good profit, but it won't work because players will just stop playing. Similarly, charging 10,000 crowns for a castle might lead to players not buying crowns at all as opposed to "seeing a good deal" and decides to invest 2,500 crowns for the deeds. Seeing how KI is selling virtual properties with no "per product" cost, I don't see how this is not a winning move for them.