Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is It Just Me?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2010
Ok so one time i was wandering around Ravenwood, taking a break from doing quests. i go into the myth school and i see that Cyrus had a quest for me. i decided a quick quest wouldn't hurt so i quickly finished it. after i finished it he gave me a quest to go give Merle a note. after i gave it to him, i found out Cyrus was trying to expel me! i've asked all my friends about this quest, and i even asked higher lvl people, and they never heard of that quest. i was a little confused, but i wanted to know if everyone at some point does that quest.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
It's actually a quest from Cyclops Lane. Nolan Stormgate asks you to go talk to Cyrus as part of the storyline quest and Cyrus tries to expel you after you bring him his robes from a store in the Shopping District. Everyone that does the storyline gets this, it isnt a myth school only quest.

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
I am fairly confident all 7 wizards I have played to Marleybone have gotten this quest, regardless of school.

It occurs when you discover the students have been kidnapped on Cyclops Lane and the guy Ambrose sends you to see (Nigel?) sends you to Professor Drake for guidance as to what should be done.

Professor Drake hear's about the lost students, ...
sends you on an emergency task (to pick up his laundry), ...
complains about how long it took you, ...
and gives you a note for Ambrose in which he tells the Headmaster you should be expelled.

"Reading Between The Lines" - what ACTUALLY happens is probably something like this ...

Drake being the Myth Professor probably had some hand in the summoning of the Cyclops, Trolls, and Minotaurs that the Guards needed to subdue the Undead invasion of Cyclops Lane. Like Greyrose on Collossus Blvd, Malistaire sabotaged the spells Drake used so that the solutions employed against his plans were actually WORSE than the original problems created.

Drake is no fool.

He KNOWS the loss of those students is his responsibility as well as whatever "corrections" are needed to overcome HIS summoned creatures. Being a common, self-righteous bureaucrat, Drake trumps up charges that ALL of this is YOUR fault because you are too inept to even be trusted with retrieving laundry. Now, IF Ambrose can get him some COMPETENT students, perhaps he could actually address these problems he has been assigned ...

Ambrose KNOWS you were elsewhere when the Cyclops Lane problems arose and sees thru Drake's excuses ... and personal weaknesses. He ignores Drake and sends you back to solve the issue.

So, it is NOT ... just you. XD

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
This is not a myth school quest. I have also done the same quest only to have to face him once and also do a side quest for him as well because he didn't think I was good enough. I am a death student and I can tell you he will be strong when you face him; so bring your storm cards.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
This is a side quest for all wizards that take it. He tries to expell all new wizards. It's his way of weeding out the ones that won't be able to get to the Final Count Down. Of course, we all do eventually.

It's just way to make the game a little funny. Prof. Drake is full of humor like this quest.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
This is part of the Cyclops Lane Questline. The student there gets worried about the situation and sends for aid from Cyrus. He's not worried (and believes you should be strong enough to handle it) and instead sends you to get his laundry and then sends you to deliver a note to be expelled as his special way of telling you to ask Ambrose.

Survivor
May 24, 2010
Ok i get it now.... even when i was asking friends at and around my lvl, they never remembered that quest...

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
no its not a myth quest its part of cyclopes lane. and yes it did happen to me, he thought we were working for malistare

Defender
Dec 12, 2008
freeze13 wrote:
It's actually a quest from Cyclops Lane. Nolan Stormgate asks you to go talk to Cyrus as part of the storyline quest and Cyrus tries to expel you after you bring him his robes from a store in the Shopping District. Everyone that does the storyline gets this, it isnt a myth school only quest.
I remember that!

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009